Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Is there are good current guide on SMN atm? I hear it is a great DD now?

I'd like to know good subjob choices for it as well as any new gear I should look out for while lvling (and what I should be looking at once capped).

Sorry, I like to lvl a lot of jobs. XD

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post

I'd like to know good subjob choices for it as well as any new gear I should look out for while lvling (and what I should be looking at once capped).

Don't do the above bolded part! XD I leveled ~18x jobs from 1~60 wearing lv1 cosmetic gear in a few hours w/ no problems. Trusts do all the heavy lifting on the way up, so any gear you get is essentially cosmetic, even if it has stats on it. Only reason I bothered putting on even nice gear like Sniper's+1 is because they are self-signed so I get to be a billboard for myself while grinding. First non-lv1trash weapon I normally equipped were trial weapons (even tho it slowed down my leveling a tad, was worth it to do both trials on the way up and still only ~7hr solo single-target grind for 1-99) and armor was lv78 aby gearsets, which I actually upgraded to the r/ex lv90 versions which lasted me til 99. Level all the things! Blue numbers are beautiful! XD At the very least, it never hurts to have everything on your account that can be capped, capped.

SMN is the currently OP/broken job, high demand, high performance, high complexity and high time investment. I'm in the process of trying to learn how to actually play it properly myself atm.

Also, if you happen to be on Asura, look for one of the many me's in my signature and I'll help you squash things.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Check the Job Guides page. Fae has one for lower levels.

Also, hopefully prism doesn't hate me for leaking this as he is working on it

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Don't do the above bolded part! XD I leveled ~18x jobs from 1~60 wearing lv1 cosmetic gear in a few hours w/ no problems. Trusts do all the heavy lifting on the way up, so any gear you get is essentially cosmetic, even if it has stats on it. Only reason I bothered putting on even nice gear like Sniper's+1 is because they are self-signed so I get to be a billboard for myself while grinding. First non-lv1trash weapon I normally equipped were trial weapons (even tho it slowed down my leveling a tad, was worth it to do both trials on the way up and still only ~7hr solo single-target grind for 1-99) and armor was lv78 aby gearsets, which I actually upgraded to the r/ex lv90 versions which lasted me til 99. Level all the things! Blue numbers are beautiful! XD At the very least, it never hurts to have everything on your account that can be capped, capped.

SMN is the currently OP/broken job, high demand, high performance, high complexity and high time investment. I'm in the process of trying to learn how to actually play it properly myself atm.

Also, if you happen to be on Asura, look for one of the many me's in my signature and I'll help you squash things.
    Mostly curious on gear that may be out that I didn't know before.

IE. I learned yesterday about that staff to replace all the elemental staves. Might be good to have until getting other perp-stuff right?

We are currently on Cerberus. Trying to convince friends to transfer to another server as it is dead as shit there. We have other friends on....I forget lol I think bismark.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Check the Job Guides page. Fae has one for lower levels.

Also, hopefully prism doesn't hate me for leaking this as he is working on it
    Thanks!

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks!
    NP

By the way, Bismark is also dead.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Might be Lili2 then? :/ Honestly been a long time since I've pulled out any trusts that actually whack mobs (besides tanks), and memory is fuzzy at best.

IIRC, Uka is a Login Campaign Cipher and you just have to keep an eye out for her to roll around. Mumor is only available from the summer seasonal event in August of each year.
    From what I saw, Lili2 wasn't doing steps, but I need to go and hit a mob and let her do her thing sometime to double check. I know she does Samba-like abilities, and that's it.

Also,finally at a spot where I think I'm comfortable doing Salvage II solo. Still only 119 base stuff, but I have some +1 gear from Ambuscade going for my COR that THF can use, too. I see that AR2 is where I can solo. THF/DNC viable to get all the way to the end with:

Spoiler: show
    Homestead/Eminent Daggers, Mumu Bonnet/wrists/gamaches +1, Espial Gambison/legs, Atheling Mantle and Twilight Belt?

Edit: Also, what's a good path for AR2 if I can do it at my gear level? I used to duo old Salvage with a RDM alt back in the day that I don't have access to anymore, so I'm not garbage(?) totally.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    From what I saw, Lili2 wasn't doing steps, but I need to go and hit a mob and let her do her thing sometime to double check. I know she does Samba-like abilities, and that's it.

Also,finally at a spot where I think I'm comfortable doing Salvage II solo. Still only 119 base stuff, but I have some +1 gear from Ambuscade going for my COR that THF can use, too. I see that AR2 is where I can solo. THF/DNC viable to get all the way to the end with:

Spoiler: show
    Homestead/Eminent Daggers, Mumu Bonnet/wrists/gamaches +1, Espial Gambison/legs, Atheling Mantle and Twilight Belt?

Edit: Also, what's a good path for AR2 if I can do it at my gear level? I used to duo old Salvage with a RDM alt back in the day that I don't have access to anymore, so I'm not garbage(?) totally.
    A Rem I/II is still once a day. So it isn't a matter of farm efficiency. All salvage is rather linear though, and you will clear it all in your gear. Just depends how long it takes.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Beware of Discoid. It still sucks. ._.;;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I do my daily Arrapago II and spam Bhaflau II when I'm in Mythic mode. I do them on THF/DNC, albeit with some heavier gear choices than you have. Arra II you'll be able to do fine. The Cerberus's in Bhaflau can be a bit of an annoyance compared to the Khimairas of Arrapago on THF, especially the first Cerb (the one that only occassionally drops a Linen, not the guaranteed Linen last mob) because you need a steady source of both physical and magical damage to make it go fast. Aeolian Edge is the route I go.

Be more comfy with /DNC and its tools than I was when I started going THF. I used to RDM/THF my salvage for 2 completed mythics, but last 2 I've done THF/DNC and during my last mythic, I averaged 20% of my runs with double linen versus about 7% while RDM/THF, and average about 15% more singles per run.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Oh, AR is still once a day? So which zone(s) should I be spamming for Alex? I see other talk about Bhaflau?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ssr is my go to salvage zone. minimal kills for unlocks, easy to skip past ramparts you don't need, optional gear farming on last floor. dvergr tier 5 nukes can sometimes still hit hard, but can stun him and he's squishy.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Is any of the Salvage gear worth upgrading? I thought it was all locked at 99 no iLevel?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Skadi Feet +1 is one that comes to mind if you chose something other than the movement speed ring from SoA missions. BST and DNC only can get 12% otherwise.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So Alex farming is:
    AR2 once a day, then go live in SSR2 until I'm done farming? Is there a guide with the best path/targets?

Edit: Just finished AR2 with 1 minute to spare(first time), and ended up with 47 Alex. Felt a little underwhelming. Killed everything besides 2 chariots on 2nd last floor, and only got NQ Khim on top floor. Using Evis. Any tips for me to Git Gud™?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You have to kill the NQ Khim on the 2nd to last floor to make the HQ Khim pop (which drops a linen 100% of the time, and gives the majority of the alexandrite).

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    So Alex farming is:
    AR2 once a day, then go live in SSR2 until I'm done farming? Is there a guide with the best path/targets?

Edit: Just finished AR2 with 1 minute to spare(first time), and ended up with 47 Alex. Felt a little underwhelming. Killed everything besides 2 chariots on 2nd last floor, and only got NQ Khim on top floor. Using Evis. Any tips for me to Git Gud™?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    You have to kill the NQ Khim on the 2nd to last floor to make the HQ Khim pop (which drops a linen 100% of the time, and gives the majority of the alexandrite).
    You have to *pop* the NQ Khim on 2nd last floor, but don't have to kill it (though you should) - this is done by clearing the chariots in the main room in less than a certain period of time, then keeping the rampart in the main room alive long enough to use reinforcements. There shouldn't be any issues with clearing the main-room chariots fast enough anymore, so I'm betting you killed the rampart too early.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Radec View Post
    You have to *pop* the NQ Khim on 2nd last floor, but don't have to kill it (though you should) - this is done by clearing the chariots in the main room in less than a certain period of time, then keeping the rampart in the main room alive long enough to use reinforcements. There shouldn't be any issues with clearing the main-room chariots fast enough anymore, so I'm betting you killed the rampart too early.
    Yeah, I was reading that as I was going through. I had the BG Wiki guide up as I was running it, so that might’ve slowed me down, too. Using Evis I was hitting about 3-5k on most WSes, a little less without SATA obviously.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This is in regards to chocobo racing for escha vorseal. I recall there was a guide, but I can't find it anywhere. Anyone can link me to it?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    This is in regards to chocobo racing for escha vorseal. I recall there was a guide, but I can't find it anywhere. Anyone can link me to it?
    https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...h-more-chocobo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag