Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Made a new page for Apex mobs that people might find useful.

Suggestions are welcome as well.
    I like. :3 There's nothing actually special about "apex" mobs tho other than being the highest level non-NMs, correct? Might want to add a quick blurb about that. Any chance you can change the anchor-points for the popout maps so they align with the right edge so low rez screens don't have scrolling issues tho? XD As is, I have to hover mouse over the popout then scroll the screen with arrow keys to see it. lol

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I like. :3 There's nothing actually special about "apex" mobs tho other than being the highest level non-NMs, correct? Might want to add a quick blurb about that. Any chance you can change the anchor-points for the popout maps so they align with the right edge so low rez screens don't have scrolling issues tho? XD As is, I have to hover mouse over the popout then scroll the screen with arrow keys to see it. lol
    Yup, they just have a lot of HP and reward a lot of CP.

Says at the top I have to add intro text and finish the maps.

As for the pop up direction. I've bugged Chia about it. Just a matter of when he gets to it.

Glad you like it

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Aren't they also immune to doom/death/colossal blow like NMs are?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure about doom/death since hardly anyone uses that and terrible land rate to begin with on anything you'd care about and the higher levels would be decently higher meva but could swear I've seen an apex screenshot but can't find it now.

I think lvl ranges on that screen might be good. Give people a quick idea how quickly acc requirements change vs lvl which is an idea of jp increases.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Levels are already on it. We're from the start

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

The only sources of Doom are all notoriously unreliable, so have nothing to do with whether or not "Apex" mobs are immune to it. I'm pretty sure they are not btw. :/ Will double check Death later.

EDIT: Poked around a bit and had 0/10 Death procs on Apex Bats in Dho Gates, 0/9 on Apex Crab in Dho Gates, and 0/7 on a mix of the mobs near the entrance of Reisenjima before getting bored. I doubt it's related to the "Apex" suffix and believe that it is purely level based. Unless someone else is able to prove that Death can proc on non-Apex mobs of similar level (125+ preferably,) it would be wrong to specifically notate the page with that info IMO.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Easy to check with Odin, if it does damage it means they're immune. I've never seen Odium's endeath proc on any Apex enemies, ever, and it procs often on anything else, even with low macc after millions of swings it would have to proc at least once eventually. If they're immune to death they're likely immune to doom as well since it's the same thing

En-Death can absolutely proc on high level reisenjima enemies, just not Apex enemies.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So yeah they're not immune to Zansetsuken, but I'm certain they're immune to Endeath and Colossal Blow, there was a dev post about it I think. Don't know about BLM death but that has such a shitty chance of working on level 1 Rarab that any test isn't valid without at least like a sample size of 100. Not sure about doom, a BLU would have to test it out

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post

So yeah they're not immune to Zansetsuken, but I'm certain they're immune to Endeath and Colossal Blow, there was a dev post about it I think. Don't know about BLM death but that has such a shitty chance of working on level 1 Rarab that any test isn't valid without at least like a sample size of 100. Not sure about doom, a BLU would have to test it out
    BLU's doom spell frequently wears off before it even has a chance to try to kill the mob, in the rare case that it actually landed..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

BLU's doom spell frequently wears off before it even has a chance to try to kill the mob, in the rare case that it actually landed..
    That's because it wears off with distance, can't walk too far away

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    That's because it wears off with distance, can't walk too far away
    No, it's because it seems to be subject to partial resists and will usually have a duration lower than what's required for it to pop. >_<;;

If I remember to, I'll test duration later.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

For farming Abyssea - Mis to finish gun to where I can use Wildfire on all guns, where's a good place to cleave for time/KIs/just because?

Also, best mob to get Zeni are still ABy - Mis orobons?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi guys, returning player here. I've set out to get all the ark trusts and been banging my head against a wall for over a day now.

I have "Bundle of half-inscribed scrolls"
    I have trusts Rainemard, Shikaree Z, Cherukiki, Prishe, and Ulmia.
    I am on RotZ and CoP mission "Last Verse"
    I have the RoE quest "Quell your rage" flagged and completed 1/1
    I have clicked on Mystic retriever

I failed the fight on 119 difficulty w/o Quell your rage flagged as 99dnc/sam
    I failed the fight on 113 difficulty w/o Quell your rage flagged as 99dnc/sam
    I defeated the fight on 113 w/o Quell your rage flagged as dnc/nin
    I defeated the fight on 113 WITH Quell your rage flagged as dnc/nin and I think my inventory was full but don't remember seeing the message "Unable to receive Cipher AAGK"
    I defeated the fight with space in inventory twice following after obtaining Shikaree Z, Cherukiki, and Prishe.(Had Ulmia for a while now)

I'm at a total loss on what could possibly be the hang up other then not having the 3 above trusts when I completed the RoE Quell your rage objective.

Anyone know of similar issues or may have some insight? Really frustrating burning all these merits.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    For farming Abyssea - Mis to finish gun to where I can use Wildfire on all guns, where's a good place to cleave for time/KIs/just because?

Also, best mob to get Zeni are still ABy - Mis orobons?
    Nauls in Abyssea Tahrongi if i'm not mistaken. As far as abyssea, since you need Heqet anyway, probably cleave the frogs. There is a gil path to those weapons as well if you aren't going for the actual empyrean weapon. As an aside, I recently finished afterglowing my armageddon and I freaking LOVE it.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Bail View Post
    Nauls in Abyssea Tahrongi if i'm not mistaken. As far as abyssea, since you need Heqet anyway, probably cleave the frogs. There is a gil path to those weapons as well if you aren't going for the actual empyrean weapon. As an aside, I recently finished afterglowing my armageddon and I freaking LOVE it.
    Well I'll do just that. I remember the Orobon farming just being a cockhead, but with Trusts, should be simple. I already have the 80 version, so I might as well get it to 90 since that'll be easier than the gil path which is tied up in Alexandrites atm.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitra View Post
    Hi guys, returning player here. I've set out to get all the ark trusts and been banging my head against a wall for over a day now.

I have "Bundle of half-inscribed scrolls"
    I have trusts Rainemard, Shikaree Z, Cherukiki, Prishe, and Ulmia.
    I am on RotZ and CoP mission "Last Verse"
    I have the RoE quest "Quell your rage" flagged and completed 1/1
    I have clicked on Mystic retriever

I failed the fight on 119 difficulty w/o Quell your rage flagged as 99dnc/sam
    I failed the fight on 113 difficulty w/o Quell your rage flagged as 99dnc/sam
    I defeated the fight on 113 w/o Quell your rage flagged as dnc/nin
    I defeated the fight on 113 WITH Quell your rage flagged as dnc/nin and I think my inventory was full but don't remember seeing the message "Unable to receive Cipher AAGK"
    I defeated the fight with space in inventory twice following after obtaining Shikaree Z, Cherukiki, and Prishe.(Had Ulmia for a while now)

I'm at a total loss on what could possibly be the hang up other then not having the 3 above trusts when I completed the RoE Quell your rage objective.

Anyone know of similar issues or may have some insight? Really frustrating burning all these merits.
    The only requirement should be that you have beaten the AAs before in order to unlock their HTB versions, and having the scrolls. You're not missing anything in the pre-reqs since you have already unlocked AAGK's ROE.

Have you double checked with the NPC? You need to talk to him after clearing each ROE, then zone, then talk to him again to unlock the next ROE quest.

Did you click the Mystic Retriever in a related zone? I'm guessing that it would need to be the one in Ru'lude Gardens if it's not one near the AAGK zone.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have clicked on the MR in Port Jeuno and Rulude near the palace and have talked to Jamal.(I've zoned out, logged out and checked 24hrs later)

No clue if there is an MR in sky, any ideas on location? Wikis seem to have 0 info on MRs.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident I didn't get the "unable to receive Cipher AAGK" text the time the objective was completed

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Just to double check, but what color is the quest name? If it's yellow, click it with a not-full inventory.

EDIT: Just found this posting on Official Forums which suggests checking the MR in Port Jeuno by the Mog House.

EDIT2: Took a lap around sky and can say that there is no MR anywhere near:
    * Survival Guide
    * Any of the 5 Home Points
    * The southern three zone lines into the palace (Someone else was inside the zone and felt bad about messing with the doors so didn't check the northern two.)
    Couldn't think of too many other likely candidates for locations. Wish English-side OF was not unmanned, this is exactly the sort of thing that SE should be providing reference lists for. ><;;

There WAS a Goblin Footprints inside the zone at HP2.. Might be a longshot, but you could try trading it 1gil and see if rewatching any of the AAGK cutscenes helps maybe?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

No, it's because it seems to be subject to partial resists and will usually have a duration lower than what's required for it to pop. >_<;;

If I remember to, I'll test duration later.
    So.. Absorbing Shield apparently can not steal Doom. Makes testing much more annoying due to Mortal Ray's long recast. ><;;
    "Apex" mobs may indeed be immune to Doom however. Crabs, Pugils and Craklaws in Dho Gates were all actually immune. Will check another zone later.

Doom and Death are not mechanically the same thing. Doom is a debuff, Death is not. It's possible to be immune to one and not the other. Just have to keep testing. @_@ Endeath is a proc which means that it would take a ton more macc than your TP set is likely to have. Again, would have to actually test specifically for it unless you have prior work you can cite and save us time? :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So.. Absorbing Shield apparently can not steal Doom. Makes testing much more annoying due to Mortal Ray's long recast. ><;;
    "Apex" mobs may indeed be immune to Doom however. Crabs, Pugils and Craklaws in Dho Gates were all actually immune. Will check another zone later.

Doom and Death are not mechanically the same thing. Doom is a debuff, Death is not. It's possible to be immune to one and not the other. Just have to keep testing. @_@ Endeath is a proc which means that it would take a ton more macc than your TP set is likely to have. Again, would have to actually test specifically for it unless you have prior work you can cite and save us time? :D

Like I said it procs often on high level non-apex enemies (by often I mean whatever the proc rate is, which could be independent of macc anyway, could be a fixed 1%, but either way it's very noticeable with fast dagger swings). Even if macc is floored, it would have to proc eventually after millions of fast dagger swings, otherwise they are immune. "Never" and "Immune" are functionally the same because of how magic works. A level 1 character could eventually land an enfeeble on an apex enemy after enough casts. Same way you can still get paralyzed, blinded, rasped etc. by training low level yagudos/worms/whatever. You can still get paralyzed by ice spikes on low level skeletons which you have infinitely more magic evasion than. You can get en-enfeebled too from enemies that do that, it would just obviously be at a floored rate. If the proc rate somehow becomes 0% then they're immune and adding magic accuracy wouldn't help

Either way you're overestimating the magic evasion Aped enemies have, it's not that different from other high level enemies. They just have high HP hence the "Apex" designation. They could simply be flagged to be immune to endeath/doom/colossal blow like NMs to prevent abuse (think of a PLD gathering up every enemy in the zone and a BLU susscesfully landing Cruel Joke on them and sleeping them)
    I imagine they didn't flag them to be immune to Odin because it's not abusable as a 1 hour ability. It's a pretty legit "Oh shit, let me save the day" kind of maneuver and it wipes astral flow so it can't be used again so they likely deemed it "balanced" enough, unlike with NMs obviously which are much more difficult and have drops so they're immune to Odin as well

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag