Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well actually, special status resistances can hit 100% with enough MACC/MEVA gap, with only immunobreaks being able to bypass them.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Well actually, special status resistances can hit 100% with enough MACC/MEVA gap, with only immunobreaks being able to bypass them.
    That is not the same as "completely resists" / immune.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

@jacobs67:

Still needs testing to determine one way or the other. Functionally immune vs actually immune are mechanically two different things. It's one thing if Apex mobs alone were immune to Death, and another thing entirely if all mobs over a certain level are immune to Death.

I just tested Mortal Ray on Reisenjima mobs and had no problems landing it at all, so it does appear that at least some Apex mobs are indeed immune to Doom and it's not level based. Might be all of 'em, don't know for sure yet because no one has checked. Also, out of 19x casts, 19x took 63sec for the mob to fall down, so the partial resists I brought up earlier may be in error. Might be misinfo from the old days or the like, but either I was wrong about it or I have too much macc to get partial resists even against Reisenjima mobs, and I doubt that it's the latter. ^^;;

I also don't have a problem landing Death proc from BLM Death on other ilvl mobs, but couldn't get it to land on Apex OR Reisenjima mobs, so it's possible that something else is going on (like my suspicion that Death proc is affected by mob level.)

Not too sure that Cruel Joke would be exactly as abusable as you imply given that it's attached to UL's CD. <_<;; Would be FAR more efficient to just AOE those mobs down with normal nukes than waiting around for ~1min while the Doom ticks away. You might be right about the devs being scared of it tho. They ARE the guys who are still afraid to remove the group exp penalty for non-ilvl content after all. :/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    @jacobs67:

Still needs testing to determine one way or the other. Functionally immune vs actually immune are mechanically two different things. It's one thing if Apex mobs alone were immune to Death, and another thing entirely if all mobs over a certain level are immune to Death.

I just tested Mortal Ray on Reisenjima mobs and had no problems landing it at all, so it does appear that at least some Apex mobs are indeed immune to Doom and it's not level based. Might be all of 'em, don't know for sure yet because no one has checked. Also, out of 19x casts, 19x took 63sec for the mob to fall down, so the partial resists I brought up earlier may be in error. Might be misinfo from the old days or the like, but either I was wrong about it or I have too much macc to get partial resists even against Reisenjima mobs, and I doubt that it's the latter. ^^;;

I also don't have a problem landing Death proc from BLM Death on other ilvl mobs, but couldn't get it to land on Apex OR Reisenjima mobs, so it's possible that something else is going on (like my suspicion that Death proc is affected by mob level.)

Not too sure that Cruel Joke would be exactly as abusable as you imply given that it's attached to UL's CD. <_<;; Would be FAR more efficient to just AOE those mobs down with normal nukes than waiting around for ~1min while the Doom ticks away.
    AoEing Apex enemies to death isn't realistic, it would take forever due to their high HP and whoever is nuking them would likely die. Meanwhile gather up say 50 Apex enemies (example number), sleep, Cruel Joke them, wait a minute and boom, chain 50 of the ridiculous CP you can get from some apex enemies. It would take 5 minutes to gather up the train anyway/wait for respawns, so the cooldown on UL is a non-issue. Meanwhile Odin has a highly increasing chance to miss with more than one enemy, so it would completely miss if you trained the whole zone. I'm saying this is what Square Enix's reasoning would be, not that it would be particularly realistic or fruitful CP gain either way (like the mass training nuking scenario you mentioned)
    They considered it a possibility and flagged them to be immune, just like with endeath and colossal blow, even if it isn't realistically abusable they still do things like that preemptively fairly often to stop unforeseeable scenarios the player base might come up with (they're not always successful, but they try)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thank you Nyarlko, sorry for the inconveniences. Gonna chalk this up to being rusty. I had checked "Objective List" dozens of times. Never thinking to look under "Current". Again much appreciated, sorry for the unnecessary legwork. I'm super stoked now! ^_^

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

So Dioma, Fondue and meinself were thinking of coming back and taking over a server with our old school HNMls ways. Where do we start?

How can we make people rage the fastest?

Can I still sell gil for decent amounts of cash or wat?

Edit:
    Are there any LS's willing to invite us into their home? I promise we won't steal the bank, we don't have history of the sorts.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitra View Post
    Thank you Nyarlko, sorry for the inconveniences. Gonna chalk this up to being rusty. I had checked "Objective List" dozens of times. Never thinking to look under "Current". Again much appreciated, sorry for the unnecessary legwork. I'm super stoked now! ^_^
    LOL No worries, always glad to help. Wasn't a waste of time since I learned that I can not find a MR in sky. XD
    (Not being a smartass. I like learning new things. lol)

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Davorin Cousseraux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm having a little trouble resetting AF quests with Vingijard. I need to re-obtain BLM AF. All of the quests have been completed (they show up under the quests>completed for their respective zones), and I don't currently have any of the armor or the weapon on me nor in my MH (double-checked via /itemsearch). I've also checked the two additional coffers in Eldieme and Monastic, to be sure I had previously obtained everything, and I had because the coffers gave me gil. Other jobs I've completed the AF quests for show up as options with Vingijard, but not BLM. Is there anything obvious I'm forgetting to do, or I might be missing?

Put something in a storage slip, maybe?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Are you absolutely sure you completed the hands quest? Having the armor on you is not an issue; the only problem is not finishing the main questline along with not finishing the hand quest.

You could have reset the quest a long time ago so try starting the BLM AF quest normally. If not, go back to checking the AF hands quest.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by bechyni View Post
    So Dioma, Fondue and meinself were thinking of coming back and taking over a server with our old school HNMls ways. Where do we start?

How can we make people rage the fastest?

Can I still sell gil for decent amounts of cash or wat?

Edit:
    Are there any LS's willing to invite us into their home? I promise we won't steal the bank, we don't have history of the sorts.
    I hear the wild and untamed lands of Asura need true pioneers to tame them. Offer mercenary services and you'll have people breath down your back, saying you are destroying the game.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Offer mercenary services and you'll have people breath down your back, saying you are destroying the game.
    Mercs gonna hate.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Davorin Cousseraux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Are you absolutely sure you completed the hands quest? Having the armor on you is not an issue; the only problem is not finishing the main questline along with not finishing the hand quest.

You could have reset the quest a long time ago so try starting the BLM AF quest normally. If not, go back to checking the AF hands quest.
    Yea, I'm sure. I've talked to Chumimi, Guslam, the toolbox in Port Jeuno, the torch in Castle Zvahl, and checked the coffers in Eldieme and Monastic Cavern. There's no indication that the quests are still open from what I can tell.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm gonna take back some of my words from earlier and say this: I'm going to assume you opened those coffers when you did not have those original AF on you (or it would just give you gil), and you are absolutely certain you got AF from the chests already, along with completing all quests.

In that case, you should just call a GM. I'm very sure there is a small nuance you're missing, but as I don't use your account, I can't offer much else. Just take it from someone who did BLM AF multiple times for multiple chars (both new and re-questing them) that it has to be something you glanced over without noticing/have forgotten about.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Davorin View Post
    Yea, I'm sure. I've talked to Chumimi, Guslam, the toolbox in Port Jeuno, the torch in Castle Zvahl, and checked the coffers in Eldieme and Monastic Cavern. There's no indication that the quests are still open from what I can tell.
    Make sure you don't have the weapon either. Tossing it onto an NPC/slip works fine, but MH Storage bag is not. IIRC, the reset includes all AF quests, which include the weapon.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Davorin Cousseraux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks for the replies. I'll retrace my steps for the quests again. I'm sure Rehn right and it's something small I've missed or forgotten about.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

did u check the npc that stores armor slips? i dont mean the moogle

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

I hear the wild and untamed lands of Asura need true pioneers to tame them. Offer mercenary services and you'll have people breath down your back, saying you are destroying the game.
    Pretty much used to that already lol

I logged in for a solid 2 minutes, and then went right back to 14.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by bechyni View Post
    Pretty much used to that already lol

I logged in for a solid 2 minutes, and then went right back to 14.
    Sounds fulfilling.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Are there any working parsers that can track parry rate?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag