Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

With the campaign going on is there anything still worth trying to get from Voidwatch aside from some of the stupidly rare stuff for Lockstyle?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by agrotc View Post
    With the campaign going on is there anything still worth trying to get from Voidwatch aside from some of the stupidly rare stuff for Lockstyle?
    Only Heavy Metal Plates for the most part, or maybe Riftdross/Riftcinder. Equipment-wise, not much is still useful for more than vendor fodder. Pretty sure it's safe to ignore any/all armor slots and focus on accessory slots while browsing, but can think of at least a ring and waist that still see a bit of use. ^^

A lot of those rare weapons w/ glow effects fail when lockstyled, so even that use-case is iffy. I've gotten a ton of 'em from gobbiebox and was disappointed when lockstyling them didn't do anything fun. It's probably "all" of them, not "a lot", but don't have all so don't know for sure.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Thanks. I'll probably just use the opportunity to farm up some Cruor as I'm pretty low.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by agrotc View Post
    Thanks. I'll probably just use the opportunity to farm up some Cruor as I'm pretty low.
    The really nice thing about the campaign IMO is that KIs are 100% drops. If you have all warp points ahead of time, along with sky access, then you can do a full clear in one day and never have to worry about missing any KIs (other than Provenance fights since that place is speshul and campaign doesn't work on it.)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Are there any community staff still working on ffxi? I was hoping they could pass on a request for the developers to consider promoting some kind of community HD modding project. I ask mainly because they seem to of embraced it with ffxv and seem unwilling to make their own for ffxi.

It's pretty easy to update ffxi with hd textures these days and I was wondering if there would ever be the possibility of optional fan made updates being offered for free to players, I've made a lot of them (as have some others) and posted them on ffxiah general forum. I think this would really take off and more would do it if it was given more attention via Square themselves.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by kireek View Post
    Are there any community staff still working on ffxi? I was hoping they could pass on a request for the developers to consider promoting some kind of community HD modding project. I ask mainly because they seem to of embraced it with ffxv and seem unwilling to make their own for ffxi.

It's pretty easy to update ffxi with hd textures these days and I was wondering if there would ever be the possibility of optional fan made updates being offered for free to players, I've made a lot of them (as have some others) and posted them on ffxiah general forum. I think this would really take off and more would do it if it was given more attention via Square themselves.
    There are no currently active staff members working on the EN side of the community on OF. We've been wandering w/o guidance over there for almost 2yrs now I think? They failed to fill the position vacated by Camate last year, and looks like the repost from this January may have already been taken down. The page it links to is kinda FUBAR atm, so can't be sure.

If you want to actually get something to the devs' attention, have a Japanese friend translate it for you and post on JPside. The devs are actually super active over there and regularly communicate with the players... Sadly, they aren't comfortable enough with English to do the same for us.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Damn, that's pretty sad. Oh well, thanks.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kireek View Post
    Damn, that's pretty sad. Oh well, thanks.
    This could have been asked 10 years ago, and they still wouldn't have so don't think too much of it. SE would never go for this, embrace it, etc.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Only Heavy Metal Plates for the most part, or maybe Riftdross/Riftcinder. Equipment-wise, not much is still useful for more than vendor fodder. Pretty sure it's safe to ignore any/all armor slots and focus on accessory slots while browsing, but can think of at least a ring and waist that still see a bit of use. ^^

A lot of those rare weapons w/ glow effects fail when lockstyled, so even that use-case is iffy. I've gotten a ton of 'em from gobbiebox and was disappointed when lockstyling them didn't do anything fun. It's probably "all" of them, not "a lot", but don't have all so don't know for sure.
    That's because you need to be engaged for it to show the effect. That's how it works normally. They do work when lockstyled

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I know the drop %, I know the content and history but damn...

I just ran 40~ Qilin in a tri-box and got 3 Pouches... Literally one on each. I had the feeling years before I took a pause that they need to add HMP to more fights/up the acquisition rate, I def feel the same today. I want to 119 an alt's Empy but damn, at this rate I'll settle for just the main.

I'm sitting on 400~ from actual VW content when it was poppn' which was fun, I think the party building for VW was a great idea.

Now we talk dross/cinder (8 total from the era)... I also just did 26 Morta and got the fucking goose egg, ugh.

Certainly a rant but it was the VW question that sparked it, lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    That's because you need to be engaged for it to show the effect. That's how it works normally. They do work when lockstyled
    Didn't for Ephemaron when I tried it. Or maybe the effect is minor enough that it was just easily missed? Will double check later if I remember to. I know I've got other pulse weapons lying around on mules too. Thanks, Gobbie Box!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Copy/pasta'ing my post from ffxiah since it applies to people here too:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko
    Are you a returnee in non-119 gear who has no idea how to get past sparks gear?
    Are you an actually new player who has no idea what you should even be aiming for past sparks gear? (Or what that little upside white triangle means on some ilvl gear?) I can help!

I've been offering the following as "welcome gifts" for my new ls members for a long time, but always felt a lil' bad that I couldn't snatch up every stray newbie/returnee that popped up in chat.

I'm also one of those irritated at the proliferation of mercenary services at the cost of actual group-play for those still at the lower tiers of endgame content.

So, simple idea. I am now an unmerc. I run a BST+BLM dualbox team, which can smash faces rather well. I can carry 2x cheerleaders at a time, so you will get vorseal unlocks along the way. I am offering this service not for those who are already established, but for those who actually need help. I'd also really appreciate it if trolling be kept to a minimum, since I am trying to do something good here. ^^;;

Prices for my services are as follows:

Escha - Zi'tah T1: my pops, your drops = 0gil
    Escha - Zi'tah T2: your pops, your drops = 0gil

Escha - Ru'aun T1: my pops, your drops = 0gil
    Escha - Ru'aun T2: your pops, your drops = 0gil (We will also need to catch one of our ls tanks in a benevolent mood to be sure of safe/speedy kills for some of them due to the adds. ^^;; )

TBH, I probably won't complain if someone (who's not struggling with gil) wants to help cover the cost of T1 pops, but those are only 6k/EZ and 10k/ER, and I really won't be happy with being offered more than that.
    This is intended to be a non-profit operation.

As long as I'm prepped with KIs before starting, can do ~20x EZ T1 per radialens, so you should even have a decent shot at getting gear that you are looking for. ^^

I am not rich. I could definitely use more gil in general. I just don't care enough about gil to not-help other players who actually need help. Bring on the salt mercs. >:3

I will try to keep an eye on this thread, will crosspost it to bgwiki forums, but your best bet is probably to catch me ingame. You can find me on one of my myriad characters, find a member of my linkshell FaceDesk who can let me know, grab a pearl for FaceDesk from one of the 3 city concierges, etc. (You're welcome to keep the pearl too if you are looking for a social/help ls. ^^ We welcome all.)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Didn't for Ephemaron when I tried it. Or maybe the effect is minor enough that it was just easily missed? Will double check later if I remember to. I know I've got other pulse weapons lying around on mules too. Thanks, Gobbie Box!
    They only work when engaged, ephemaron is a blur type effect. Works on lockstyle too.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I got every glow weapon in the game while farming alex during NNI campaign, and all of them worked as normal when lockstyled. The only ones that are hard to notice are those that only glow when you hit like the meebles club.

I just returned earlier this week, I've been doing doing all the RoV missions but I'm gonna be done with those and adoulin pretty soon I think. I have a lvl85almace, is it worthwhile for me to try and farm apedemak horns by myself? Is there a way to reliably hit KI procs for the dhorme khimaira solo or am I just setting myself up for frustration trying?

I should add that BLU is my only job at 99.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsashes View Post
    I just returned earlier this week, I've been doing doing all the RoV missions but I'm gonna be done with those and adoulin pretty soon I think. I have a lvl85almace, is it worthwhile for me to try and farm apedemak horns by myself? Is there a way to reliably hit KI procs for the dhorme khimaira solo or am I just setting myself up for frustration trying?

I should add that BLU is my only job at 99.
    Almace is worth it. You might want to focus on other things first tho if you only have 1x 99 job. There's a lot of groundwork that needs to be done, so might as well get it all knocked out before you worry about REMAs and/or dive into endgame.

Before attempting to farm aby NMs, I strongly suggest you level THF to 99 and get the easy TH+ gear first. (Relic hands, Empy feet, Thief's Knife, Sandung) If you do not have a full collection of lv1 alljobs weapons to cover red procs, then might want to do NIN or WAR first for red procs and give up the TH for item drops. Red procs will suck no matter what if you have no event weapons, so I'd probably hold off until the events roll around again before trying myself.

THF/war can reliably hit 9/13 red procs plus the benefit of Treasure Hunter to help with pop/upgrade item droprates, NIN/war is 12/13, and WAR/nin is 11/13 or 13/13 (needs some hard to get skill+ gear IIRC for GK/Katana procs). THF and NIN both go up by +1 proc if you have the GS from Master Trials, which means it should be ignored. -_-;;

Most weapon types have easily buyable low lvl weapons, and the annoying ones are:
    Spear = Halloween. Needed for non-WAR
    Katana = WotG quest. Crafting latent weapon. Forget name. Needed for non-NIN
    Great Katana = Ark Tachi from login campaigns (random availability) || Feast of Swords seasonal event. Needed for non-NIN
    Great Sword = Master Trial. Needed for non-WAR
    Scythe = Only one that I know of is Hoe from Mog Gardens. Needed for non-WAR

I wish you luck. ^^ I just wrapped up Orthrus Claws for Twashtar myself.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Scythe = Only one that I know of is Hoe from Mog Gardens. Needed for non-WAR
    There's also the Ark Scythe, though availability is obviously not that reliable relative to doing Mog Garden stuff.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    There's also the Ark Scythe, though availability is obviously not that reliable relative to doing Mog Garden stuff.
    Honestly couldn't remember all of the types of Ark weapons, so thanks for that catch. ^^ It is still a viable, if random/rare, alternative.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I just did some apademaks myself, Before the zone would be empty and the second i went there an alliance would show up to do those nms so i got really frustrated cause im not bout to compete with tons of people on syphilus.

But a month or so ago i seem to hit this sweet spot where there was rarely competitors and somehow when there were a couple we didnt really get in each others ways or compete over syphilis, If i saw them in syphilis area i jsut went to the other NM, and usually they werent at golems anymore when i finished, i started it back up solo cause i found working with my mule annoying, but then i started gettin pop items in chests after i had them so i started bringing him along, it seemed like i didnt get as many pop items in chests suddenly, think there is a magic point on amber lights, maybe less than a 100, that you get alot of those items in chests.

i would go nin/war for the most procs (everything but great sword) but then would have 5 syphilis kills with no fragment drop so after a bit i just went thf/war, and my mules usually on rdm cause thats what is leveld and geared, but eventually swapped him to a passable blm so i could get TEs when needed. I found i often got the KI even if i didnt happen to have the proc weapon needed, so it wasnt too bad. I started becoming less frustrated and it started going much much faster. IT became a good experience for once and made me decide i might could do it again for other weapons some day. I generally have low tolerance for bullshit and if i get like 3-5 no drops on syphilis, its enough for me to give up for the night.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Question, I havent done much VW in sky for heavy metals or had much luck til this last VW campaign. Which i thought was pretty good run, however i had to stop and do some missions and stuff on mules which took most my time so i never got back to it,

My question is, Is there a real notable difference in farming HMPs in sky during a campaign as not during a campaign? a friend told me they didnt think lights or cells really made much difference at all, like very low percentages. I was expecting AH prices to drop a bit but they seemed to go up for some reason on my server during the campaign, but just slightly up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag