Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 90 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Is there a more effective way to get Escha beads other than punching a dragon in the dick every 15 minutes?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    Is there a more effective way to get Escha beads other than punching a dragon in the dick every 15 minutes?
    Nope. Dick punch away.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Getting a group together and killing Urmahlulu is faster, but takes a lot more setup.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Neak gives ~250 beads with full zone bonus, how much does urmahlu give?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The same as Neak. Beads are based on tier, and they're both T3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Getting a group together and killing Urmahlulu is faster, but takes a lot more setup.
    Any reason why this NM in particular? And, more importantly, do I need 6 REMABGTQ weapons and master jobs to farm it?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That NM because it's easy (only ilvl 135 and T3), has cheap pop items, and has no real gimmicks to play around.

No, you don't.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Well, that is just because it takes more than 1 person, but if you are the only one at Quetz then good luck.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm slowly convincing myself to resub for awhile. Had several 99 jobs on Asura server when I left a few months after Audolin dropped. Had some ilvl gear that was above 99 but can't remember if it was anything special. I'm trying to figure out what I should be doing first, based off what I've read and the returning guide.

-Get trusts
    -Do RoE quests
    -Get to/around ilvl 118
    -???
    -Profit

Any tips are much appreciated. Just an aside, I've always wanted a relic weapon and I have a 99 THF for hunting treasure. So...I want to learn how to do that.

Thanks.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Robbinthehood View Post
    I'm slowly convincing myself to resub for awhile. Had several 99 jobs on Asura server when I left a few months after Audolin dropped. Had some ilvl gear that was above 99 but can't remember if it was anything special. I'm trying to figure out what I should be doing first, based off what I've read and the returning guide.

-Get trusts
    -Do RoE quests
    -Get to/around ilvl 118
    -???
    -Profit

Any tips are much appreciated. Just an aside, I've always wanted a relic weapon and I have a 99 THF for hunting treasure. So...I want to learn how to do that.

Thanks.
    Idk, I threw most of what I could think of in that 1-119 guide.

Anything else is a touch, peel, and stand. Go through the motions and things fall into place or answerable questions emerge from the mix.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey guys! I've been an on and off player since launch, originally played on an old fat PS2 and would pop back in every now and then, and decided to pick up the complete pack when it was recently on sale with the hope of running through the games story once more before it shut down. I have a few questions, and I apologize in advance if they're dumb.

1. What are the must-have third party tools these days? Back when I last played it was Windower, is that still the case? Is it difficult to set up to run at 720/1080p?

2. Up until what point is the game essentially soloable with trusts? Do people still group at endgame outside of shells?

3. I'm sure this one gets asked a ton, but what class do you suggest for starting fresh if I plan to basically do the content in order of release/canonically? I don't really know anyone in game anymore, so something simple and able to solo effectively would be ideal.

4. Are there any guides that kind of.. point you in the right direction of content if you're doing it in order, quests/missions/trust unlocks for all the classes and crafting and such? I want to experience as much as the game world as possible while I can.

Thanks again, guys! I'll ask more if new questions come to me!

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

1 - Windower, and a handful of unofficially supported Windower plugins like EquipViewer, NPCTrade, Sparks, GMmode / Project Tako

2 - You're going to hit a wall very fast of what can be and cannot be solo'd with trusts without already end game gear on most classes. You also will not want to be trying your hand at solo Omen as there are objectives that you need to complete to get paragon cards to upgrade your AF+1 to +2/+3 and most people would not be able to complete the objectives solo with the short time limit you're given. ex. 30WS, 16 magic bursts, 30k WS Damage 15k unmagic bursted damage, 18 physical weapon skills 18 magic weapon skills are some common ones to see.

3 - BLU if you want the full solo/band wagon experience, but again without the proper gear to back it YMMV

4 - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide

pretty solid guide, once you've got that down

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Job_Guides

this is a collection of multiple job/gear guides, they can be pretty unfriendly in terms of what they suggest and how they point you into getting that gear but it gives you an idea.

Really tho, I wouldn't try and go at FFXI with a must solo mentality, it will poison you and will make you quit pretty quickly. You can get by with some basic bitch Omen/Dynamis Divergence LS and that will start to open things up for you to soloing things in Escha Zi'Tah and Ru'An.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Verranicus View Post
    1. What are the must-have third party tools these days? Back when I last played it was Windower, is that still the case? Is it difficult to set up to run at 720/1080p?
    Easy to set up.

2. Up until what point is the game essentially soloable with trusts? Do people still group at endgame outside of shells?
    A large portion of it.

Yes, people shout on Asura all the time for stuff. Just have to wade through the mercs.

3. I'm sure this one gets asked a ton, but what class do you suggest for starting fresh if I plan to basically do the content in order of release/canonically? I don't really know anyone in game anymore, so something simple and able to solo effectively would be ideal.
    None, play what you want to play.

4. Are there any guides that kind of.. point you in the right direction of content if you're doing it in order, quests/missions/trust unlocks for all the classes and crafting and such? I want to experience as much as the game world as possible while I can.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Hey guys! I've been an on and off player since launch, originally played on an old fat PS2 and would pop back in every now and then, and decided to pick up the complete pack when it was recently on sale with the hope of running through the games story once more before it shut down. I have a few questions, and I apologize in advance if they're dumb.

Thanks again, guys! I'll ask more if new questions come to me!
    What the other guys said, but I'd actually recommend going BLM or THF for your first job. THF brings TH, which can be very helpful for certain missions/quests and save a good amount of time there, plus can hold it's own on the DD front. BLM blows shit up real good, which lets you fly thru the missions faster, but scroll costs can be intimidating at mid-high levels, so do as your 2nd job if you don't find steady income or a sponsor while still starting out. Regardless of the job you choose, Trusts will be doing most of the heavy lifting and carry you all the way up to lv99.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Generally speaking, the game is readily soloed (with trusts) through about getting some basic 119 gear (coalitions, NQ Ambuscade, etc ...somewhere in the step 2 to 3 in the 99-119 part of the guide linked). At least, that's where I tend to see new/returning players hit a wall. It's still possible to solo a good bit more, but it tends to take building up your character more with better gear, job points, choice trusts, and so on, and will start to favor certain jobs. Teaming up or getting help tends to become the far more efficient way to proceed, but you can still slowly work your way up.

If your primary goal remains doing mission content, then there's very little that's even remotely difficult once you're in basically any 117-119 setup. The last few SoA and RoV missions are about the only ones that might be an issue, particularly the final RoV BC.

Job would probably depend on what your overall aspirations are. For mission stuff, it's largely irrelevant with different jobs having different perks. However, if you think you may want to stick around, then something with good gear/skill synergy with the job(s) you eventually want to play makes sense.
    If you really want a suggestion, I'd say DNC. For missions and such, it has native sneak, invis, and movement speed, along with good survivability and damage. You'll likely want it available for subbing anyway, and there are no scrolls to buy and minimal skills to level, all of which are useful for other jobs. So, little wasted effort if you elect to focus on other jobs down the line.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    2 - You're going to hit a wall very fast of what can be and cannot be solo'd with trusts without already end game gear on most classes. You also will not want to be trying your hand at solo Omen as there are objectives that you need to complete to get paragon cards to upgrade your AF+1 to +2/+3 and most people would not be able to complete the objectives solo with the short time limit you're given. ex. 30WS, 16 magic bursts, 30k WS Damage 15k unmagic bursted damage, 18 physical weapon skills 18 magic weapon skills are some common ones to see.
    One minor correction here:

Omen challenges scale to alliance size with various caps.

When solo its more like:

"Perform 1 magic burst"

"Perform 3 physical Weaponskills"

"Perform 6 weaponskills"

etc etc. Many jobs can actually solo these challenges pretty easily. I can do quite a few of them solo on pld and smn.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any tips or suggestions for the final RoV fight? I've got my THF at ilvl 117 with the trusts given to me from the previous missions.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Generally, position like a wyrm off to one side or the other as it does a lot front conal. The main thing to watch for is when it starts absorbing damage (the gem on its head glows). Simplest thing there is to just turn around and wait for the AoE that ends the phase (Waning Vigor/Expunge). If you keep damage fed to a minimum it should be manageable, but Iroha will cast Arise on you anyway, over and over. I would maybe try to get gear up to 119 (Coalition stuff was bumped to that for instance) for the boost to magic evasion and so on. You may want to include Selh'teus in your Trust lineup as he does an AoE restore TP move that can be useful in longer fights.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Robbinthehood View Post
    Any tips or suggestions for the final RoV fight? I've got my THF at ilvl 117 with the trusts given to me from the previous missions.
    Grab some ilvl 119 gear.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks for all the tips, guys! I've got the game updating now, and figured I'd ask before I headed out to work: Are world passes still a thing? I've heard that Asura is the only non-dead server and I'd hate to end up somewhere with no population.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag