FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Which NM have you been killing 30+ times? I didn't know there was anything of value in Foret de Hennetiel.
    Nerrivik for the Asperity Necklace. More of a go between until I can do bigger content with others. Better than using Love Torque LOL!

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    That was Oinari+Klaira, hes my buddy of 14 years.
    Awesome person, thank them for me again when you see them!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are apocalypse/yoichi/koga any good now?

I have a rag but never liked that as much as apoc aesthetic wise, same with amano

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

All relics are good once upgraded but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are the best. Rag is better than Apoc in today’s meta if you have the choice between the two.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are there any 119 upgrades for daur or ghorn?

Oof I see afterglow on them now, I didn't think they went beyond 99 last time I looked

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    All relics are good once upgraded but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are the best. Rag is better than Apoc in today’s meta if you have the choice between the two.
    I already have apoc119, yoichi119, koga119, daur99, ghorn99 and not fully upgraded rag, ochain, amano and random Empys

I kinda doubt I'd be able to afterglow any of them I just dunno what's even useful now

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Upgraded Ochain is kinda required if you plan on seriously playing pld in today’s endgame content. I think it currently only goes to 99, no 119 version yet. Beatific +1 is a good stop gap while you are working on it.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Upgraded Ochain Aegis is kinda required if you plan on seriously playing pld in today’s endgame content. While Ochain is situationally useful Beatific +1 Priwen is a good stop gap/superior while you are working on it.
    Ftfy

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Ochain is certainly not needed for anything. I have tanked literally everything easily with Aegis.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Same, basically stopped using Ochain for anything besides maybe craver in omen just cause it's less annoying with it, and it has 0 damaging magic attacks.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My Ochain hasn't been used in a calender year....not that I play PLD much. RUN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PLD

AGing a relic cost around 40mil, you can make that very easily. Speed will depend on what you want to farm as it always has been.

I would do Apoc first out of that bunch, AG Apoc will allow you to easily farm Omen Cards solo. Gear your DRK and work on finishing Cala or Rag, then you will have a capable DPS for all content. I use Cala/Rag during LR and Apoc when LR is down.

The other path you can take is finish your BRD first and use it to help farm gear for DRK/PLD. BRD gets a lot of shouts, is easy to gear and you have RE already.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You right I brain farted and switched up Aegis/Ochain in my head.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

While I know skirmish gear has been passed by much I'd still like to augment it and I can't find any of the items! You gotta build up a ton of whatever the currency is from skirmish to buy from the npc. I've done one full skirmish and ended with 59. Each item I need cost 2000! Guess I should just get to ambuscade and not worry about it huh...

Oh, and F U Fafnir I hate your guts.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    My Ochain hasn't been used in a calender year....not that I play PLD much. RUN >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PLD

AGing a relic cost around 40mil, you can make that very easily. Speed will depend on what you want to farm as it always has been.

I would do Apoc first out of that bunch, AG Apoc will allow you to easily farm Omen Cards solo. Gear your DRK and work on finishing Cala or Rag, then you will have a capable DPS for all content. I use Cala/Rag during LR and Apoc when LR is down.

The other path you can take is finish your BRD first and use it to help farm gear for DRK/PLD. BRD gets a lot of shouts, is easy to gear and you have RE already.
    I am behind the times... been a long day since Armada... is PLD not utilized for End Game tanking now?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They are.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    While I know skirmish gear has been passed by much I'd still like to augment it and I can't find any of the items! You gotta build up a ton of whatever the currency is from skirmish to buy from the npc. I've done one full skirmish and ended with 59. Each item I need cost 2000! Guess I should just get to ambuscade and not worry about it huh...

Oh, and F U Fafnir I hate your guts.
    I think if you follow the Intermediate ROE objectives it will take you through each Skirmish and get Koupons to get free gear. But yes, Ambuscade is by far the fastest and easiest way to get yourself some quality 119 gear. Getting to the 20k hallmarks threshold is enough to buy a full set of +1 gear and enough Abdahjs metal/thread to upgrade at least one piece of the set to +2. Since you are playing THF I’d recommend Megahanda hands +2 to be your first piece.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

I think if you follow the Intermediate ROE objectives it will take you through each Skirmish and get Koupons to get free gear. But yes, Ambuscade is by far the fastest and easiest way to get yourself some quality 119 gear. Getting to the 20k hallmarks threshold is enough to buy a full set of +1 gear and enough Abdahjs metal/thread to upgrade at least one piece of the set to +2. Since you are playing THF I’d recommend Megahanda hands +2 to be your first piece.
    My LS will surely help, but is any Ambuscade available with just trusts for easy farming?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

V1 (Intense) on VE is usually soloable by most jobs/Trust combos. V2 (Normal) is definitely soloable on VE and E with just about anything. Normal and above you’ll need to start paying attention instead of face rolling. But the rewards are pretty minuscule for the time invested to solo. You’re much better off grouping up and hitting at least V1 normal. If your group can clear V1 D or VD consistently you’ll be maxed out in two or three nights of running it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    It can depend on which Skirmish you mean, as Ornery Dhole does offer stones for non-Alluvion Skirmish augments.

If you need Obsidian Shards, the easiest way to get them is to use Copper Vouchers, which can be very useful as sort of a (nearly) universal currency. In addition to getting them as rewards for completing RoE objectives (mostly), you can add to your stored vouchers by trading in applicable gear to the AMAN Reclaimer NPCs standing next to them. One stored voucher can be converted into 1,000 of any available currency (listed on the wiki page linked earlier).

Additionally, you may just need to do different Skirmish runs to get more stones dropping (there are different ones to +1 items too, which you may want to do before augmenting). As with many things these days, SE does run a campaign from time to time that both increases drops and (for normal Skirmish items) boosts augment results. As they happen to be running that one this month you'd do well to wait on augmenting until it starts anyway.

There are really very few items still worth getting from that though. Alluvion Skirmish does have more, as while few jobs would use it as staple melee/nuke/etc gear now, there are a number of utility sets (Enhancing Magic Duration, Pet Regen, Phalanx+, etc) that are common to put together from there.

They do make Skirmish stones available for login points at times, and sacks of them are potential drops in the AMAN Trove event. So, there's often some amount of supply being made available. The Macrocosmic Orb campaign also can drop a fair number of Skirmish-related stuff. Ornery Dhole is mostly a lifesaver for folks making Ergons, as you need to turn in hundreds of the lower quality stones for those.

Ambuscade is probably your best option though, since you'll want to make capes anyway, so might as well do it. They practically hand you the NQ set.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    It can depend on which Skirmish you mean, as Ornery Dhole does offer stones for non-Alluvion Skirmish augments.

If you need Obsidian Shards, the easiest way to get them is to use Copper Vouchers, which can be very useful as sort of a (nearly) universal currency. In addition to getting them as rewards for completing RoE objectives (mostly), you can add to your stored vouchers by trading in applicable gear to the AMAN Reclaimer NPCs standing next to them. One stored voucher can be converted into 1,000 of any available currency (listed on the wiki page linked earlier).

Additionally, you may just need to do different Skirmish runs to get more stones dropping (there are different ones to +1 items too, which you may want to do before augmenting). As with many things these days, SE does run a campaign from time to time that both increases drops and (for normal Skirmish items) boosts augment results. As they happen to be running that one this month you'd do well to wait on augmenting until it starts anyway.

There are really very few items still worth getting from that though. Alluvion Skirmish does have more, as while few jobs would use it as staple melee/nuke/etc gear now, there are a number of utility sets (Enhancing Magic Duration, Pet Regen, Phalanx+, etc) that are common to put together from there.

They do make Skirmish stones available for login points at times, and sacks of them are potential drops in the AMAN Trove event. So, there's often some amount of supply being made available. The Macrocosmic Orb campaign also can drop a fair number of Skirmish-related stuff. Ornery Dhole is mostly a lifesaver for folks making Ergons, as you need to turn in hundreds of the lower quality stones for those.

Ambuscade is probably your best option though, since you'll want to make capes anyway, so might as well do it. They practically hand you the NQ set.
    Good stuff. Thank you! Yes I'm looking for Verdigris Stones to augment Iuitl head/legs. Already have legs. I'm having fun being able to do this stuff and while the stats and what not are a little overwhelming at times it's so much more fun than the gaps of quality from years past.

Our LS peeps are going thru getting initial jobs leveled, missions/quests, etc. I'm betting eventually we'll be doing the group stuff like Ambuscade. I wasn't aware you can do some of it solo so I'll mess with that eventually.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag