Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 90 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    That'll change when you hit 99 and get some +magic damage in there. Consider Shantotto II a preview of what low tier spells can do. You'll also open up good options for MP management - between the WoE event being on this month, and login point items, the market should be flush with the stuff to make weapons to learn Empyrean WS. If you're not swapping weapons, you can build TP when nuking via Occult Acumen, and use Myrkr. That and reforged AF body has the same damage to MP return that Seidr Cotehardie has, which is useful to toggle on at times (very handy when AoE'ing at least).

Definitely better to set up for bursts like mentioned. I ended up throwing together SAM on one of my alts to burst on for most of my BLM JPs though, so I'm not as sure which trusts will be fastest for that. Ayame for opening SC, I think Iroha (or maybe II) for closing. She'll close Immanence SCs at least.
    This helps a lot, thanks. I wasn't sure what to focus on after 99, there was so much covered in all the guides after the initial RoE quests, so I'll start here. Right now I don't build any TP because I'm swapping staves since I have the ele staves from olden times. My staff skill is also stupid low.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    I don't, because I'm no longer on Asura. I'd deactivated due to pretty much everyone I'd been doing stuff with quitting (again), and after a break started a fresh account on Leviathan. Ended up bringing my others over there too.
    Ah oh well. Understandable though.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think Zeid II and Ayame is a pretty dope combo if you are looking to make a SC to burst on. If you can get Amchuchu tank she will also use Dimidation occasionally that Zeid II can make Light with.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I have Shantotto II, Valaineral, Adelheid, Tenzen, Excenmille, Joachim, and Mihli. I'm on a new character so I'll add new ones whenever I can - who should I look out for that isn't from a login campaign and how do you get them? I know Ayame comes from doing Bastok missions, is Zeid the same? I started a little late into this Adventurer Appreciation but I should get Kupofried next week.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Do the Trust quest in each of the main cities. After ranks 3 and 6 you can pick up more trusts from the cities. There are also some that come from RoE I think? But they may only be during certain periods?

Get some RoE done and sign up for a Unity. Either Apururu or Yoran-Oran is what has been recommended recently so you have a reliable healer with a way to sustain MP.

There are a lot that seem to come from login campaigns or certain seasonal events. There are also some that require completion of CoP, SoA, or various story missions.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I have Shantotto II, Valaineral, Adelheid, Tenzen, Excenmille, Joachim, and Mihli. I'm on a new character so I'll add new ones whenever I can - who should I look out for that isn't from a login campaign and how do you get them? I know Ayame comes from doing Bastok missions, is Zeid the same? I started a little late into this Adventurer Appreciation but I should get Kupofried next week.
    Ayame needs rank 3 in Bastok I think. Zeid is from login campaigns and is inferior. Zeid II is from completing the Zilart branch of Rhapsodies of Vanadiel missions and is the superior version of our favorite Galka.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Ayame needs rank 3 in Bastok I think. Zeid is from login campaigns and is inferior. Zeid II is from completing the Zilart branch of Rhapsodies of Vanadiel missions and is the superior version of our favorite Galka.
    When you get rank 3 in any nation you can go to the other 2 nations and pick up their trusts

BG Level

I think each nation has some that require rank 3 and rank 6, but can't recall any of them being particularly unique like Ayame.

You need a certain set of them to be able to get Rainemard (S) though, whose enspells at least used to be really good if you're low leveling. The tradeoff is I don't think he does much in the way of support.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

the trick with ayame though is she only ws once you have 1000tp, won't work if you're swapping staves. she'll just sit on tp til 3000 and generally be worthless.

If you're trust leveling BLM, I'd also suggest approaching it differently than you might've during the old days. Basically, find a good zone for FoV with aspir'able mobs, settle on a good staff, and ride that/spirit taker for MP restoration with fights more or less just opening with a big nuke or even -aga killing if you're outleveling. Good healer, Ulmia and Joachim (ballads/marches), and a couple rando DDs will hold you over just fine. Chasing the big numbers may sound nice, but if you're running out of MP, it's possible targeting weaker prey will yield greater benefit over time.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    2 Questions;

1) I have a level 99 WAR and SAM (and I think DRK and WHM) on Sylph, checked him over briefly and I've got about 6.6M gil and ilvl113 stuff. But I'm TOTALLY lost. I don't even think I remember how to get out of Adoulin. I'm there now, I think I played until Delve became a thing. What should I do to pick things back up?

2) My new character is on Asura, is there any reason to worry about gear or leveling or any of that, or do I just blitz up to 99 and do all the RoEs and get all the Trusts I can?
    Honestly you should come to Sylph. Asura while very populated is what's known as a merc server. If you have gil you can literally buy most of your wins. Sylph's population is small but you don't have to worry too much about waiting times for shit like Ambuscade or other content. Generally tho WAR and DRK are monster DD jobs now and well it's nice to see them wrecking shit. As far as gear and exp, Leveling is painfully easy. I mean really fucking easy. Even solo and picking the right camps along with trusts, you can easily exp at a rate which will blow your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Odon View Post
    When you get rank 3 in any nation you can go to the other 2 nations and pick up their trusts
    Just to add to this: after doing what Odon said, once you're level 99, doing the above will allow you to start the quest to get the Ark Angels trusts. So, definitely do that.

BG Level

doing the aldouin missions. hollly shit these things go on and on.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Levi is super dead, I would get outta there ASAP.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    holy shit everyone coming back. i am back too but on levi wtf.
    When I read this, its like that scene in Toy Story where the kid gives bedsheets (Levi Server) and Mr Potato Head goes "Who invited that kid?!"

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    Honestly you should come to Sylph. Asura while very populated is what's known as a merc server. If you have gil you can literally buy most of your wins. Sylph's population is small but you don't have to worry too much about waiting times for shit like Ambuscade or other content. Generally tho WAR and DRK are monster DD jobs now and well it's nice to see them wrecking shit. As far as gear and exp, Leveling is painfully easy. I mean really fucking easy. Even solo and picking the right camps along with trusts, you can easily exp at a rate which will blow your mind.
    stop trying to poach players from my social shell tyvm, you sylph players sound like a bunch of nerds

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    holy shit everyone coming back. i am back too but on levi wtf.
    transfer bb

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    If you're trust leveling BLM, I'd also suggest approaching it differently than you might've during the old days. Basically, find a good zone for FoV with aspir'able mobs, settle on a good staff, and ride that/spirit taker for MP restoration with fights more or less just opening with a big nuke or even -aga killing if you're outleveling. Good healer, Ulmia and Joachim (ballads/marches), and a couple rando DDs will hold you over just fine. Chasing the big numbers may sound nice, but if you're running out of MP, it's possible targeting weaker prey will yield greater benefit over time.
    Only have Joachim, so don't get too much MP recover from just Ballad 2. My MP is really only an issue if I spam anything higher than T1 spells. I dropped Joachim last night in favor of Kupofried for the 20% dedication and did fine with just Sublimation and Devotion from Apururu. I also don't have Spirit Taker because my staff skill is too low. Doesn't make sense for me to stop right now to skill it up; I'll do that when I'm 99. I'll probably do something similar to what you said when I need to get merits/job points. Went from 86 to 90 last night in an hour so it's not slow enough for me to try to change the way I'm leveling. Was more curious if there might be better Trusts to use. It looks like there is, but I can't access them yet because it's a new character.

How is SMN in the current game? Was thinking of taking that to 99 as well. I liked SMN for 75 content. I used it to try to solo a lot of stuff. Almost got a solo Khim, but at like 3% I got hit with a Fulmination on the "winning" run.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    stop trying to poach players from my social shell tyvm, you sylph players sound like a bunch of nerds
    I knew Zealot years ago so he's special.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

i was just playing, i dont like him very much to be honest you can take him

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Only have Joachim, so don't get too much MP recover from just Ballad 2. My MP is really only an issue if I spam anything higher than T1 spells. I dropped Joachim last night in favor of Kupofried for the 20% dedication and did fine with just Sublimation and Devotion from Apururu. I also don't have Spirit Taker because my staff skill is too low. Doesn't make sense for me to stop right now to skill it up; I'll do that when I'm 99. I'll probably do something similar to what you said when I need to get merits/job points. Went from 86 to 90 last night in an hour so it's not slow enough for me to try to change the way I'm leveling. Was more curious if there might be better Trusts to use. It looks like there is, but I can't access them yet because it's a new character.

How is SMN in the current game? Was thinking of taking that to 99 as well. I liked SMN for 75 content. I used it to try to solo a lot of stuff. Almost got a solo Khim, but at like 3% I got hit with a Fulmination on the "winning" run.
    SMN (well geared and with job point gifts) is one of the most in demand jobs now due to having great support and damage from bloodpacts, and Avatar’s Favor. Groups of SMNs can do a shit load of content now.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    doing the aldouin missions. hollly shit these things go on and on.
    Of all the Adoulin missions I think there’s 3 (maybe 4?) battlefields, a couple of fights in the open world, and the rest is all running around and cutscenes. And there is...a lot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag