Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    A white proc is just a 1 or 2% occurrence off a red proc when your sub is locked. You need the TEs regardless. Locking your sub isn't something you do unless you are on a job that doesnt need one (like DNC).

Use DNC trusts to easily proc JAs.
    White procs also are only possible in Dreamlands Dynas, so they don't even come into play in the original areas.

TEs unlock/affect your ability to proc, so yeah, you still need 'em.

Trusts tend to slaughter things faster than they can be procced for me, so I've always gone w/ a full non-combat support setup and usually go either THF for TH or BST for easily spammable JA procs. Can proc w/ aoe Readys + Fight is a mere 5sec CD. Done right, it's at least as fast/reliable for JA procs as DNC in fact. ^^ Curebunny FTW if you are going the BST route. Whirl Claws is cheap and damage output sucks (which is actually a good thing in this case. lol) Imagine PUP could work too, but pet damage output is likely to be higher I think due to WSing and it'd be single target only vs BST's aoe options.

I don't think that normal procs affect 100 drops off of NMs, but TH does, so go THF if you want to attempt the boss farming route. Even with TH10+ tagged on the NMs tho, drop rates are not stellar, so I wouldn't recommend focusing entirely on NM farming unless you're looking for a simple farming loop to do while mentally AFK.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

AoE attacks have severely reduced proc rate on mobs not the main target, though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    AoE attacks have severely reduced proc rate on mobs not the main target, though.
    Not in my experience. :3 At least for Ready moves. Proc rate feels similar to trying to proc w/ steps as THF/dnc at the very least. Never bothered trying to figure out actual proc rates though. Only caveat is that ALL Ready moves count towards JA proc, including magic dmg/aoe like lizard's Fireball. Honestly, I've never really noticed any lowered rates, even when spamming Cyclone on THF though..

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Not in my experience. :3 At least for Ready moves. Proc rate feels similar to trying to proc w/ steps as THF/dnc at the very least. Never bothered trying to figure out actual proc rates though. Only caveat is that ALL Ready moves count towards JA proc, including magic dmg/aoe like lizard's Fireball. Honestly, I've never really noticed any lowered rates, even when spamming Cyclone on THF though..
    They do in dreamlands, it was an old patch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It takes a beating.

Your mom takes a beating!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It was direct from SE and kind of a big deal when it happened. Proc rates were determined way back when. without any dd attachments/gear and original animator auto is a terrible DD... well more terrible then it normally is. Btw for people who don't remember pup was popular because all of it's attachment moves counted for ws proc so you could do mobs no one else was farming and was slightly higher rate then ja

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

They do in dreamlands, it was an old patch.
    AH. That would probably be why my experience is different, since I normally stay away from those. My favorite farming zone is actually Jeuno.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Probably because it doesn't matter as much in non dreamlands. Much harder to gather together a bunch of mobs with the same proc type

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Your mom takes a beating!
    Hopefully!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

just came back from ~7 years off. Should I use windower or ashita? what are server populations like? /sea all on sylph said there were less than 300 people.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've always preferred windower. As for servers, not totally sure but I recently moved to Asura and I'm happy with it.

Recently came back as well though. Thinking about going for Ergon weapon for RUN. The process (coalition wise) is long but seems easy enough, but gil for the 13100 HP Bayld is intimidating. Anyone have advice for farming gil efficiently? ATM I do my daily run on salvage for Arrapago with my BST, but BST isn't great for the other areas and nothing that I have geared well can clear quickly. I have RUN geared fairly well, and THF, BLU, and BST not far behind. BLU's magic set isn't good though (tried doing BR and failed on first set of triple gears). I know if I'm careful I can do it, but I'm just looking for efficiency. With the price of ancient currency dropping it doesnt seem farming dynamis is very viable anymore either.

Any thoughts? Should I just focus on gearing something else up before tackling RUN more?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They pretty similar really so mostly what are you used to. Windower tends to have more people to talk to about but you also kind of need people to talk to figure out wtf is going on with luas lol.

Salvage ok gil. VW can be during campaigns. cping during gain xp periods of course. HTBF during campaigns. ambuscade until you buy out most of the cheaper currencies. Mercing if you can. Can also just from the hpb during campaigns. Think one might be on right now

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktick View Post
    just came back from ~7 years off. Should I use windower or ashita? what are server populations like? /sea all on sylph said there were less than 300 people.
    Ashitacast uses xml if you like that. Gearswap (spellcast 2.0) uses .lua which isn't as good as xml, but IMO is easier for someone like me to use. As I don't know shit about coding yet manage to shoddily make my own .luas for jobs at this point.

Windower has more support due to more people using it.

Asura is the only server with a high population. The rest don't come close, 1/2-1/4 the population at best. Most being 1/4-1/6th the population, like Sylph or Carbunle or Leviathan.

Read:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I use Ashita just for Ashitacast and honestly I don't see much difference between that and Windower otherwise.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think most people would have an easier time understanding how to write simple xmls than luas. But also most people just ask for motes luas or ask people who know how to program them to fix them lol.

It's been awhile since I last checked windower but when I did ashita had a better addon/plugin for sending commands to other clients.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Considering coming back. Left post-delve, so my stuff is somewhat geared to around that level - hardly any job points accumulated at all, tho.

What would gearing up look like for someone like me? How gimp am I? :<

Did they ever remove the daily cap on the one salvage zone? (I think arrapago 2?) This is relevant to my interests. <_<

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Well at the moment you're extremely gimp since all that delve stuff was outdated hard even though it's still technically 119, also jobs points practically make you 10 levels higher too. They never removed the daily restriction for that particular salvage zone

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    What would gearing up look like for someone like me? How gimp am I?
    Job?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    Well at the moment you're extremely gimp since all that delve stuff was outdated hard even though it's still technically 119, also jobs points practically make you 10 levels higher too. They never removed the daily restriction for that particular salvage zone
    Why the fuck not. God, fucking, damn. :<

Job?
    Fuck, I don't remember lol. Had everything 99. My main jobs probably shuffled between Monk, Ranger, and Paladin. Whatever I want to gear is probably highly dependent upon what is even good/fun nowadays. (I remember coming back for a bit and magic bursts being a thing, which made me happy mechanically, but sad since I had neglected my blm since the 75 era - blm was one of my mains back then. Also people telling me RNG was worthless shit made me sad, cause RNG is one of my true loves. I have been wanting to make the mythic forever, even though everyone laughed at me. :<) I will say, though, that I have fucking missed this game. Fuck the ability smashing shit that's the 14 battle system.

I'm looking at my ffxiah, and it says I have a level 75 Koga. Right now I'm just scratching my head because I do not remember making that thing at all. 119 Burt, 119 Yoichi, 119 Anni, 95 aegis, 90 ochain, and a bunch of 75-85 stuff...

I'm probably sitting on a ton of gil, if that helps any <_<

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Why the fuck not. God, fucking, damn. :<

Fuck, I don't remember lol. Had everything 99. My main jobs probably shuffled between Monk, Ranger, and Paladin. Whatever I want to gear is probably highly dependent upon what is even good/fun nowadays. (I remember coming back for a bit and magic bursts being a thing, which made me happy mechanically, but sad since I had neglected my blm since the 75 era - blm was one of my mains back then. Also people telling me RNG was worthless shit made me sad, cause RNG is one of my true loves. I have been wanting to make the mythic forever, even though everyone laughed at me. :<) I will say, though, that I have fucking missed this game. Fuck the ability smashing shit that's the 14 battle system.

I'm looking at my ffxiah, and it says I have a level 75 Koga. Right now I'm just scratching my head because I do not remember making that thing at all. 119 Burt, 119 Yoichi, 119 Anni, 95 aegis, 90 ochain, and a bunch of 75-85 stuff...

I'm probably sitting on a ton of gil, if that helps any <_<
    Koga sucks, bottom of the pile now. RNG is much less relevant now than when you quit. LSs use it more than PUGs ever do.

Play w/e you want then. Read the the relevant parts of the two links I posted above earlier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag