+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    thanks, i'll probably work on it next after finishing sword for cor. just started this char back in dec so some things are still out of reach, ambus is doable though I just didn't want to waste of points for minimal upgrade, i'll admit for some reason the impulse drive bonus had my brain thinking i would only use that lance w impulse drive, but like duh i can use stardiver with it lol
    Well, to be fair, it is a minimal upgrade. Even Gugnir unaugmented will beat it without accounting for any use of the defense down or the crit bonus on Shining One (which, I assume isn't significant), and then augs would obviously crush it. The lance is more useful for a SAM or WAR than DRG, and compared to other Ambu weapons you could say DRG got the short end of the stick due to Impulse Drive not being a WS like Evisceration or Savage Blade.

If anything the Shining One just lets you have the best weapon pre REAM for DRG outside of a really well augmented Reienkyo. So that should allow you to weigh your choices.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I can only roll my eyes so hard so many times.

It was a fun period in the games/my life but read what you wrote, 8 hours farming an item just to raise a level cap lol.
    You know I don't interact with you very much Draylo because I don't see the point. You come into a thread with some halfassed witty comments and pretend that you are 100% right along with Spicy saying the same thing and then I can't help but wonder if you've ever stepped outside of your glass bubble for once to realize that not everyone has had the same experience in the game as you've had. You have to remember not everyone has the same free time you do and for some folks, spending 8 to 15 hours farming one item just to raise their level cap is pretty demanding.

Some people have families, jobs, real life commitments and while they like to play FFXI, their time in limited to what they can do in game. Kalmado is an example of that seeing as he works a lot but he likes playing when he can and for that I try to help and support him when I'm able to. I'm hoping that maybe instead of a snarky smartass remark you would be so kind as to pull your head out of your conceited ass and realize how much of a dick you're being.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by S N K View Post
    You know I don't interact with you very much Draylo because I don't see the point. You come into a thread with some halfassed witty comments and pretend that you are 100% right along with Spicy saying the same thing and then I can't help but wonder if you've ever stepped outside of your glass bubble for once to realize that not everyone has had the same experience in the game as you've had. You have to remember not everyone has the same free time you do and for some folks, spending 8 to 15 hours farming one item just to raise their level cap is pretty demanding.

Some people have families, jobs, real life commitments and while they like to play FFXI, their time in limited to what they can do in game. Kalmado is an example of that seeing as he works a lot but he likes playing when he can and for that I try to help and support him when I'm able to. I'm hoping that maybe instead of a snarky smartass remark you would be so kind as to pull your head out of your conceited ass and realize how much of a dick you're being.
    Umm, he was criticizing people who were fantasizing abouy how great "back in the day was" (wasn't) and agreeing with you.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

well this is akward

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    well this is akward
    Happens to the best of us, but especially to someone like Draylo who seemingly needs to do very little to disproportionately gain the ire of many.

A simple, "whoops" will probably suffice, but man did S N K seem to want to rain some shame down upon him. Guess that one didn't S N ea K out so well.

We are all adults now, and need a casual XI like we have at this time. Anything to the contrary is laughable or delusional.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes, its worth it.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Guess that one didn't S N ea K out so well.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Happens to the best of us, but especially to someone like Draylo who seemingly needs to do very little to disproportionately gain the ire of many.

A simple, "whoops" will probably suffice, but man did S N K seem to want to rain some shame down upon him. Guess that one didn't S N ea K out so well.

We are all adults now, and need a casual XI like we have at this time. Anything to the contrary is laughable or delusional.
    God damn it I'm agreeing with Ryan. Seriously though, you're right. I enjoyed the shit out of the game late 00's but there is no way I'd play if it was even remotely like that time.

FFXI somehow satisfies this craving I have in the realm of rpg gaming. I think it has to do with going back to when you would have your starter gear and you progress. Seeing the values go higher and your character grow stronger. Like, I enjoy playing Thief even though it can't do much on it's own and resources for REM should go elsewhere. I've always loved SA and TA and the attack speed. It gives me a different type of satisfaction while gaming then say beating a boss or a squad of three in Dark Souls while you are alone. It's something I may not give up until the servers go down as weird as that is to say in 2019.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    God damn it I'm agreeing with Ryan. Seriously though, you're right. I enjoyed the shit out of the game late 00's but there is no way I'd play if it was even remotely like that time.

FFXI somehow satisfies this craving I have in the realm of rpg gaming. I think it has to do with going back to when you would have your starter gear and you progress. Seeing the values go higher and your character grow stronger. Like, I enjoy playing Thief even though it can't do much on it's own and resources for REM should go elsewhere. I've always loved SA and TA and the attack speed. It gives me a different type of satisfaction while gaming then say beating a boss or a squad of three in Dark Souls while you are alone. It's something I may not give up until the servers go down as weird as that is to say in 2019.
    It is a case of being in the right place and right time for many of us. When we didn't have the same responsibilities or could skirt around them more.

Sure I stayed up until the sun rose camping my Sirocco Kukri or trying to get a scroll of Freeze from ghosts in the Necropolis, but I would never want to relive those days. The problem comes from an over romanticizing of that time as if it was better than what we have now. XI very much filled and still fills a void in the gaming world. It is the reason BG still exists for that matter.

My opinion though after all of that time, but keep memories just that or otherwise they are just wishful trinkets. You can't replicate the past.

BG Level

Did you already give up on making a katana then?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Did you already give up on making a katana then?
    Things have shifted to BLU for now. Yesterday we ran 15 Yilan and I got two Iris but no Jov Head. Figured I'd spend what gil I have on trying to get +1 abjs out the way. I haven't farmed for gil in I don't know how long so I'll be going broke probably soon.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Things have shifted to BLU for now. Yesterday we ran 15 Yilan and I got two Iris but no Jov Head. Figured I'd spend what gil I have on trying to get +1 abjs out the way. I haven't farmed for gil in I don't know how long so I'll be going broke probably soon.
    Gil isn't hard to come by. Ambuscade especially makes it easy once you have the gear if you aren't using all the mats.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Gil isn't hard to come by. Ambuscade especially makes it easy once you have the gear if you aren't using all the mats.
    Well, since we're here I'll ask. What paths for the Iris swords? Or do not dual wield them? I also have Usonmunku, Buramenk'ah, Anahera Sword, and Acclimator. What do?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, since we're here I'll ask. What paths for the Iris swords? Or do not dual wield them? I also have Usonmunku, Buramenk'ah, Anahera Sword, and Acclimator. What do?
    As per the hierarchy I wrote years ago, ditch them for Nibiru.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

As per the hierarchy I wrote years ago, ditch them for Nibiru.
    Silly me. I'm sure I'll have zero issue soloing with trusts. Thanks!

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Silly me. I'm sure I'll have zero issue soloing with trusts. Thanks!
    Idk about that. The bird takes -50% to slashing and needs to have the poison aura proced down with darkness or earth

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I believe this calls for a whoosh.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I believe this calls for a whoosh.
    Not really. It isn't really much harder than the mob he just fought.

If he were on Asura I could take it down in 3 WSs on DRG, so about 15 seconds.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not really. It isn't really much harder than the mob he just fought.

If he were on Asura I could take it down in 3 WSs on DRG, so about 15 seconds.

But what if he doesn't have his DRG geared up like yours? Any advice for him being on THF which might make it easier?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by S N K View Post
    But what if he doesn't have his DRG geared up like yours? Any advice for him being on THF which might make it easier?
    It wouldn't matter, was just saying I'd help.

As long as he takes a real WHM he can just spam rudras

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag