BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes, failing to easily cancel your sub in order to get free play time, dumb SE's fault.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Is there really no i119 Bayld sword that PLD can equip? Or am I just blind.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Is there really no i119 Bayld sword that PLD can equip? Or am I just blind.
    Homestead Claymore Greatsword, they took PLD off the bayld Blade it was on at earlier iLvls.

Depending on where you are at in the game, you can use a Xiutleato (WKRs), Nixxer (Escha- Ru'Aun), or ideally Brilliance (Sinister Reign).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nostalgia overload, haven't played since 2013. Seems the few people remaining on my friends list moved to Asura.

I read various guides on the wiki, but I'm still kind of floundering around. Naturally, the first thing I did was figure out how to use Windower again, then migrate my spellcast xml to the newfangled Gearswap. I ran around getting homepoints, unlocked RoE, Unity (still confused about how to use this), and Trusts. Bought i119 bayld stuff to fill in holes in gear. Currently working my way through RoV and I'll finish up SoA when I get to that point.

So, a few questions. How much stuff can I solo to gear up after I finish the main story quests? Can I send login rewards from my mules to my main (trust ciphers)? Is there a console command to equip a specific gearswap set? Are there any general non-job specific items I should try to get right away? Also, pretty much the only thing I wanted that I didn't have when I quit was a defending ring, how hard is that to get now?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Nostalgia overload, haven't played since 2013. Seems the few people remaining on my friends list moved to Asura.

I read various guides on the wiki, but I'm still kind of floundering around. Naturally, the first thing I did was figure out how to use Windower again, then migrate my spellcast xml to the newfangled Gearswap. I ran around getting homepoints, unlocked RoE, Unity (still confused about how to use this), and Trusts. Bought i119 bayld stuff to fill in holes in gear. Currently working my way through RoV and I'll finish up SoA when I get to that point.

So, a few questions. How much stuff can I solo to gear up after I finish the main story quests? Can I send login rewards from my mules to my main (trust ciphers)? Is there a console command to equip a specific gearswap set? Are there any general non-job specific items I should try to get right away? Also, pretty much the only thing I wanted that I didn't have when I quit was a defending ring, how hard is that to get now?
    Can't send ciphers from your mules.

Asking what you can solo is a silly question to me, given how I see it. However, in general you shouldn't have too much trouble doing the story in sparks gear or especially at iLvl 119.

/console gs equip <SET NAME, for example, sets.TP.RimJob>

How hard do you think it is to get a defending ring? The chance remains at 5%. Obviously it isn't harder to defeat King Behemoth now.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It isn't a silly question to ask what I can solo. Fenrir always had a heavy JP population and it seems that the ratio even higher now, so the pool of players to find to do stuff with is extremely small, especially for 'older' content.

Regarding dring, a better question would be how tedious is it to pop KB or the Unity ver? And, to answer my own question of things to buy immediately, I just discovered that this exists: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Warp_Ring

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

You will do KB buy using savory shanks, which you buy from login points or from other folks bazaar for 300-500k (on asura). Trade them to the ??? in Behe Dominion, it's not tedious at all, and you will be able to solo with trusts np.

The unity version is much different beast.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It isn't a silly question to ask what I can solo. Fenrir always had a heavy JP population and it seems that the ratio even higher now, so the pool of players to find to do stuff with is extremely small, especially for 'older' content.

Regarding dring, a better question would be how tedious is it to pop KB or the Unity ver? And, to answer my own question of things to buy immediately, I just discovered that this exists: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Warp_Ring
    Then feel that way.
    Soloing is a personal thing. It depends on your job, your gear, your knowledge, and your ability.

How tedious getting a Defending Ring is, also is a personal thing. Maybe it drops in 3 kills and you consider yourself lucky. Maybe it drops in 100 kills and you lose your mind. Maybe it drops in 100 kills and you don't mind much at all because it is trivial and quick.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It isn't a silly question to ask what I can solo.
    I'd say it's more a very broad question. What content a single player can manage varies greatly based on jobs available, job points, gear level, trusts, and experience. Multiboxing is also fairly common now. I assume you don't mean true soloing with no trusts/etc, since that's largely just done for the challenge of it.

My general observation has been that, like Spicy mentioned, getting through most if not all of the story content does not tend to be a problem with basic handouts like Sparks or Coalition gear. Older content is rendered trivial in i117-119 gear, so it's also easy to catch up on that.
    Past that is less predictable, and I tend to see a lot of new or returning players end up stalling out there (returning to XP something else, starting a REM weapon despite poor gear elsewhere, etc).
    Eventually, quite a lot of content is soloable with trusts, or something you can do with a friend or three. Very little requires much more than than a party. However, where the tutorial RoEs and other stuff will leave you off is probably more in the SoA era or grinding out NQ Ambuscade gear. While you can solo your way up from there, you'll be a lot better off getting a pearl to a large social shell and asking for help. As you can equip two Linkpearls now, and with practically no content being competitive...I find people tend to be a lot less exclusive with their time.

Somewhat unrelated, but something routine for many players now - and often glossed over by the new/returning folks - are the monthly campaigns (which BGWiki conveniently lists on the front page, with event guides for). This is, for instance, an excellent time to go bang out Wildskeeper wins if you need 'em.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

How solo-able are any of the Wildskeeper Reives? I need to do one for an Intermediate RoE objective and wondering if I could manage any of them on PLD (Ochain and Outrider gear) with some trusts.

Alternatively, anyone on Ragnarok and feel like helping me down one some time? Haha.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

You can solo all the wildskeeper reives as long as you have time and ample RR, the tree kinda sucks unless you bring a ton of holy waters but it's manageable. It'd say Achuka is probably easiest one to try it out on.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How solo-able are any of the Wildskeeper Reives? I need to do one for an Intermediate RoE objective and wondering if I could manage any of them on PLD (Ochain and Outrider gear) with some trusts.

Alternatively, anyone on Ragnarok and feel like helping me down one some time? Haha.
    What's your character name?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

They're all doable, but at that gear level you'd probably be chipping away at one for a while. More currently geared folks will tear through the lower tier ones. The higher tier set are a bit more annoying to melee, though if a few people show up they'll still drop fast - if you get help, shoot for the full round of wins. Killing the WKR for the zone lets you use the warp to the Map 2 of the attached dungeon area, in addition to other benefits like the permanent CP bonus for first-time RoE completion. They're always going to be worth doing at least once, and it's much easier to do that during the campaign as they take hours to repop outside of it. Very common when I've gone to help people clear them that some aren't up.

Adoulin's Refuge (neck with auto-RR in reives) is very handy to lock for WKRs, particularly Yumcax.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    What's your character name?
    I'm Lowen on Ragnarok.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm Lowen on Ragnarok.
    I'll clear an Achuka for you tonight if you're around.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    I'll clear an Achuka for you tonight if you're around.
    I should be on by around 8:30 EST (roughly three hours from now), if that works for you. If not maybe I can just catch you tomorrow. Thanks!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

just come to asura brah

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I kinda like the quieter server though, at least for now. That might change as I get geared up and start attempting more group-focused content, but for now the reduced competition for a lot of things is kinda nice.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The old quiet server line.

If the general misconceptions in XI were anymore abound, then it would be a flat earth convention.

No one wants to be on asura. Everyone is stuck on asura due to lack of real options.

Every single thing about asura sucks asshole. But if you want the possibility of buying goods or doing shouts. you have no real choice. You can pay for a smuggler to import at premium.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag