Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 201
  1. #101
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,053
    BG Level
    6

    Got my Ragnarok to level 99, but Oboro isn't taking the trade. I have tried trading 300 Plutons + weapon and without. What am I doing wrong here?

    EDIT - Figured it out. I have to be wearing the weapon and talk to him first.

  2. #102
    So hard we fuck rocks
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,984
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Should i still farm up the 8 Sea WS gorgets to make the fotia? is that still one of the best WS neck pieces? or more situational now?

  3. #103
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,029
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Yes, Fotia is still the best neck for many WSs.

  4. #104
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,091
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Should i still farm up the 8 Sea WS gorgets to make the fotia? is that still one of the best WS neck pieces? or more situational now?
    Yes, it is worth it.

  5. #105
    Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,335
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    So far so good. Three months in and I THINK i'm starting to get somewhere. Still playing Monk though so I'm probably getting nowhere but I'm solo so who cares?

    Walked into abyssea for the first time ever. Spent Copper vouchers on resistance points to buy tantra pants and that wasn't too bad at all. Then I went to farm the seals and that was the dumbest pos I've had to deal with in a video game in a while. Pretty much just got the seals randomly off repeated forced popped NM kills. It wasn't until I got the 5th seal that I finally understood that the yellow proc can be any ONE of the spells in the list. It was lightsday so I thought having a team of all paladins would work(and tbf I got 2~ procs off this way). After that was the red proc which was honestly not as terrible as yellow but still super lame. Went to that as warrior - no katana hax because I didn't have the costume katana people suggested. I needed the moth scales in Attohwa. Everything was pretty smooth until multiple people showed up at the Chigoe and were basically competing for the 10min spawn lol. Took me 2 nights to get my scales from the final boss. Didn't get the red proc on it either :\

    Good new is, I finally understand that total hallmarks means you can buy everything in the list provided up to how many hallmarks you have. This V2 fight was really easy on Normal mode (going to try Difficult today) so I actually got hallmarks this month. Got my ambu-salvage body to +1, got every total halmark item <1100 so i'm happy about that. Monk is at 913 accuracy natively(lol). Still have a long way to go to reach Apex accuracy requirements.

    My goals are something like:
    Weapon - Already have +15 atk/acc aug on alluvion skirmish weapon. Need to get the rest of the augments until I can get a Unity h2h weapon.
    Belt - Still using Black Belt. Moonbow NQ is 4mil-ish on this server.
    Pants - I have to figure out how to get 200,000 sparks for 20 Etched Memory. I'm maxed on Unity Accolades but thats a lot of Wanted NM's...
    Rings - I need a 2nd ring that isn't from completing Adoilin/Abyssea. I think Ramuh ring +1 is pricey.

  6. #106
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,698
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    etched memories are very cheap unless your server is ridiculously empty. i sell mines for 9999 each and they sell out decently fast if i camp next to the npc.

    200k sparks translates to 2M gil, so emptying that out just for memories isn't quite the best choice. if you have hallmarks (or was it gallantry) for ambuscade ring voucher, i think hizamaru is decent stop gap for a mnk ring?

  7. #107
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    892
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    So far so good. Three months in and I THINK i'm starting to get somewhere. Still playing Monk though so I'm probably getting nowhere but I'm solo so who cares?

    Walked into abyssea for the first time ever. Spent Copper vouchers on resistance points to buy tantra pants and that wasn't too bad at all. Then I went to farm the seals and that was the dumbest pos I've had to deal with in a video game in a while. Pretty much just got the seals randomly off repeated forced popped NM kills. It wasn't until I got the 5th seal that I finally understood that the yellow proc can be any ONE of the spells in the list. It was lightsday so I thought having a team of all paladins would work(and tbf I got 2~ procs off this way). After that was the red proc which was honestly not as terrible as yellow but still super lame. Went to that as warrior - no katana hax because I didn't have the costume katana people suggested. I needed the moth scales in Attohwa. Everything was pretty smooth until multiple people showed up at the Chigoe and were basically competing for the 10min spawn lol. Took me 2 nights to get my scales from the final boss. Didn't get the red proc on it either :\

    Good new is, I finally understand that total hallmarks means you can buy everything in the list provided up to how many hallmarks you have. This V2 fight was really easy on Normal mode (going to try Difficult today) so I actually got hallmarks this month. Got my ambu-salvage body to +1, got every total halmark item <1100 so i'm happy about that. Monk is at 913 accuracy natively(lol). Still have a long way to go to reach Apex accuracy requirements.

    My goals are something like:
    Weapon - Already have +15 atk/acc aug on alluvion skirmish weapon. Need to get the rest of the augments until I can get a Unity h2h weapon.
    Belt - Still using Black Belt. Moonbow NQ is 4mil-ish on this server.
    Pants - I have to figure out how to get 200,000 sparks for 20 Etched Memory. I'm maxed on Unity Accolades but thats a lot of Wanted NM's...
    Rings - I need a 2nd ring that isn't from completing Adoilin/Abyssea. I think Ramuh ring +1 is pricey.
    Which server are you on? If you happen to be on Asura, hit me up and I'll squash some things for you. :3
    ... Went looking thru my list of standard starter gear that I recommend and realized... more than half of it is not equippable by MNK. ._.;;

  8. #108
    Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,335
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Which server are you on? If you happen to be on Asura, hit me up and I'll squash some things for you. :3
    ... Went looking thru my list of standard starter gear that I recommend and realized... more than half of it is not equippable by MNK. ._.;;
    I'm on Odin but thanks for the offer.

    @Rehn
    For some reason, I keep forgetting that things can be bought on the AH. I'll have to check it tonight...

    Edit - Oh its bazaar. Apparantly FFXIAH has Bazaar info lol thats next level

  9. #109
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    150
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Watching a twitch stream of 2 people trying to pop a Escha-Ru'Aun Jailer and they knew the current mob would spawn the NM; said "Got'em" couple buffs and popped immediately. Any idea how they did this?

  10. #110
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,698
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    is it once or is it multiple times?

  11. #111
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,091
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    If you are just fighting something you don't know when a Warder is going to spawn. It's random.

  12. #112
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    150
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    is it once or is it multiple times?
    Twice


    Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    If you are just fighting something you don't know when a Warder is going to spawn. It's random.
    Yes but twice it was the same: the "Got'em" (not verbatim), both turned away, buffed then killed mob, popped Warden. It was only two times but 2/2 on something that's supposed to be entirely random is enough to question if it's truly random.

    edit: to clarify, they were running around clearing mobs; didn't kill two mobs and got two Warden pops. They'd clear the area several times but the "Got'em" announce they were 2/2

  13. #113
    So hard we fuck rocks
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,984
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Probably have a program showing the monster ID numbers, pretty common in the less than reputable players circles (I know cause that used to be, hell I don't even mind that shit, just had to think of a way to describe it lul)

  14. #114

    How would that even be possible if there's vorseals entirely designed to increase your personal chance of popping one of them? If they were already up and running around and you just had to pick the right one to kill, Rare Enemy vorseals would do nothing

  15. #115
    So hard we fuck rocks
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,984
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    The place holder is considered an NM itself, identical to every other mob, with a chance to spawn the true NM. Having the item would increase that chance. I don't know for sure but that's how I'd do it.

  16. #116
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,029
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    The place holder is considered an NM itself, identical to every other mob, with a chance to spawn the true NM. Having the item would increase that chance. I don't know for sure but that's how I'd do it.
    That's not how Escha works; every single mob of that type can pop the NM.

    If this is true, I see two possibilities. First, they're somehow able to view the RNG values used for popping these NMs and know how it interacts with their Rare Enemy Vorseals, and said aspect of the RNG is fixed upon claim.


    Second possibility: something viewable on the client side's data of that specific instance of the mob is used as a comparison value for determining whether the NM pops, and they can view it.

    In this possibility, each Escha mob would have a special NM ID that is randomly determined when popped (alternatively, they could be repurposing a different value that doesn't do this for most mobs). When a player kills said mob, this value is compared to their Rare Enemy Vorseal value (or a low default if none), and if it's lower, the NM pops.

    Let's say there are two players; one with 11 Rare Enemy Vorseals with blessing, and one with none. The former has a 1/17 chance of popping the NM, while the latter has a 1/100 chance. If mobs have an NM ID that ranges randomly from 0-999, the former player would get NM pops from monsters with NM IDs from 0-57, while the latter would get pops from monsters with NM IDs from 0-9.

  17. #117
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    892
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    The place holder is considered an NM itself, identical to every other mob, with a chance to spawn the true NM. Having the item would increase that chance. I don't know for sure but that's how I'd do it.
    Nope. PH is not an NM in any way. Each player has an equal pop chance on every mob in the same family. Pop probably uses same RNG system as item drops with vorseals/blessing functioning similar to Treasure Hunter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    That's not how Escha works; every single mob of that type can pop the NM.

    If this is true, I see two possibilities. First, they're somehow able to view the RNG values used for popping these NMs and know how it interacts with their Rare Enemy Vorseals, and said aspect of the RNG is fixed upon claim.


    Second possibility: something viewable on the client side's data of that specific instance of the mob is used as a comparison value for determining whether the NM pops, and they can view it.

    In this possibility, each Escha mob would have a special NM ID that is randomly determined when popped (alternatively, they could be repurposing a different value that doesn't do this for most mobs). When a player kills said mob, this value is compared to their Rare Enemy Vorseal value (or a low default if none), and if it's lower, the NM pops.

    Let's say there are two players; one with 11 Rare Enemy Vorseals with blessing, and one with none. The former has a 1/17 chance of popping the NM, while the latter has a 1/100 chance. If mobs have an NM ID that ranges randomly from 0-999, the former player would get NM pops from monsters with NM IDs from 0-57, while the latter would get pops from monsters with NM IDs from 0-9.
    IIRC, the warders first pop on the map but untargetable and waaaaaaaaaaay downwards, then warp up to where the player is when they trigger the "pop". I can't say for sure, but it's possible that something like a minimap addon could spot one, or you could scan the mob ids for the zone to know when it's up, or that it's even visible on Widescan in the time between spawn>warp up. Warders do have unique assigned/static IDs, there can only be 1x instance of any particular warder up at one moment zone-wide, and placeholders are only limited by linked trash mob species.

    I have gotten 3x warder pops back-to-back, with repops off mobs agro'd while fighting the warder (once) before, which would not be possible if it was limited to single PH. I did not get any drops besides eschalixirs off any of those 3x kills tho, so don't be too jealous. ><;;

  18. #118
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,029
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Nope. PH is not an NM in any way. Each player has an equal pop chance on every mob in the same family. Pop probably uses same RNG system as item drops with vorseals/blessing functioning similar to Treasure Hunter.



    IIRC, the warders first pop on the map but untargetable and waaaaaaaaaaay downwards, then warp up to where the player is when they trigger the "pop". I can't say for sure, but it's possible that something like a minimap addon could spot one, or you could scan the mob ids for the zone to know when it's up, or that it's even visible on Widescan in the time between spawn>warp up. Warders do have unique assigned/static IDs, there can only be 1x instance of any particular warder up at one moment zone-wide, and placeholders are only limited by linked trash mob species.

    I have gotten 3x warder pops back-to-back, with repops off mobs agro'd while fighting the warder (once) before, which would not be possible if it was limited to single PH. I did not get any drops besides eschalixirs off any of those 3x kills tho, so don't be too jealous. ><;;
    That's how VNMs work, but I've never heard of anyone claiming that's how Warders pop, and even if it did, how the Rare Enemy system works makes it impossible that simply seeing it would allow you to figure out when/if it will pop. Regardless, I'm pretty sure Warders don't exist until killing a monster with the right RNG tells them to. They're basically lottery NMs, except every mob of that type in the zone is a PH instead of just a couple, have 0 pop cooldown, and a fixed pop rate depending on your vorseals.

  19. #119
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    892
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Jutubyaa View Post
    Yes but twice it was the same: the "Got'em" (not verbatim), both turned away, buffed then killed mob, popped Warden. It was only two times but 2/2 on something that's supposed to be entirely random is enough to question if it's truly random.

    edit: to clarify, they were running around clearing mobs; didn't kill two mobs and got two Warden pops. They'd clear the area several times but the "Got'em" announce they were 2/2
    Did they reduce the mob to low HP before the "Got'em"? Was it before or on claim? What jobs were they using? Could you see/identify any UI modifications? Did they check their Widescan during this time? Were they spamming a macro that didn't appear to actually do anything?

  20. #120
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    892
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    That's how VNMs work, but I've never heard of anyone claiming that's how Warders pop, and even if it did, how the Rare Enemy system works makes it impossible that simply seeing it would allow you to figure out when/if it will pop. Regardless, I'm pretty sure Warders don't exist until killing a monster with the right RNG tells them to. They're basically lottery NMs, except every mob of that type in the zone is a PH instead of just a couple, have 0 pop cooldown, and a fixed pop rate depending on your vorseals.
    Early on, Trust killing blows did not count towards popping warders. There was an update that changed this so that Trust killing blows functionally applied the same RE+ value as their owners', but we have no idea how it was programmed. It's not impossible that the method used was to simply change it to run the warder pop check (incl applying vorseals) prior to the mobs' death, which would pretty easily allow for foreknowledge of warder pops via Widescan or scanning the zone mob id list. In my experience, I'd say that they did change it so that the highest RE+ value in the party is applied and it's no longer killing blow anymore. (Think like TH w/ multiple THFs in group.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4085
    Last Post: 2018-01-08, 13:19
  2. Replies: 1109
    Last Post: 2012-07-05, 16:51
  3. Replies: 257
    Last Post: 2009-10-17, 00:43
  4. So is this one new or am I behind on the times?
    By Cream Soda in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2009-08-30, 21:19
  5. This new or am I blind?
    By Tymon in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2006-06-21, 14:22
  6. a question for all the japanese version FFXI NA players
    By freewind in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2005-07-01, 16:58