Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There would be no reason to pop the NM and keep it hidden before mob death; it has no benefits for trusts' vorseals or the like, and unnecessarily adds the step of despawning the hidden NM if the players wipe or leave after that point.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    There would be no reason to pop the NM and keep it hidden before mob death; it has no benefits for trusts' vorseals or the like, and unnecessarily adds the step of despawning the hidden NM if the players wipe or leave after that point.
    It would however ensure that vorseals were being properly applied to each mob unlike before, we don't know how they addressed Trusts applying RE+, and most importantly would explain the player behavior that was brought up. There would also be no difference in despawning time other than between the hypothetical hp trigger > mob death, which would not be a significant amount of time with normal play.

Honestly, I'm curious as George at this point about how this actually functions... maybe I'll try to pop a few sometime soon for testing purposes... RNG still has biggest Widescan range, with BST @ #2, and everyone else below that right?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Let's leave it at streams suck and there is no tool any of us know of for warders.

I hope there isn't at least.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Never underestimate the player base's ability to cheat, scam, and hack their way to the top in a 15 year old game

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It would however ensure that vorseals were being properly applied to each mob unlike before, we don't know how they addressed Trusts applying RE+, and most importantly would explain the player behavior that was brought up. There would also be no difference in despawning time other than between the hypothetical hp trigger > mob death, which would not be a significant amount of time with normal play.

Honestly, I'm curious as George at this point about how this actually functions... maybe I'll try to pop a few sometime soon for testing purposes... RNG still has biggest Widescan range, with BST @ #2, and everyone else below that right?
    It most definitely would not help ensure that vorseals were being properly applied; the problem would have been with trusts applying or not, and changing when the game applies them would have zero effect on them at all. Also, I'm not talking about the time needed to make the NM despawn, I'm talking about the time and effort the programmers would need to put into it to make do so, when programmers on FFXI are a rare commodity.

I'm pretty sure it's never been reported that they work like that, and there are several other ways to make the stream behavior work without resorting to a very unlikely scenario.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Let's leave it at streams suck and there is no tool any of us know of for warders.

I hope there isn't at least.
    XD I'm still hoping that Jutubyaa will come back and answer my earlier questions. You have to admit that it would be worth knowing if there is a method to know ahead of time if a warder will pop without using any outside tools.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

XD I'm still hoping that Jutubyaa will come back and answer my earlier questions. You have to admit that it would be worth knowing if there is a method to know ahead of time if a warder will pop without using any outside tools.
    Nope, because I wouldn't want such a way to exist. If it did I would want it being a closely guarded secret.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Came back after forever, and I'm curious about the Dynamis comments I keep seeing. I have almost all the current trusts available from the three quests, being Rank 6, and the current Extravaganza minus the one in Adoulin, so what would be the best set-up for currency farming? I had 22 jadeshells for my final Gungnir stage before leaving and am on the Dynamis Lance stage. Which trusts should I be using? I have all the 99 Sparks gear I could get, but should I upgrade my TH gear before going in? THF/DNC going to be my best way for procing staggers still, and bring a healer and DPS Trusts?

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Came back after forever, and I'm curious about the Dynamis comments I keep seeing. I have almost all the current trusts available from the three quests, being Rank 6, and the current Extravaganza minus the one in Adoulin, so what would be the best set-up for currency farming? I had 22 jadeshells for my final Gungnir stage before leaving and am on the Dynamis Lance stage. Which trusts should I be using? I have all the 99 Sparks gear I could get, but should I upgrade my TH gear before going in? THF/DNC going to be my best way for procing staggers still, and bring a healer and DPS Trusts?
    I ran through the first 6 dyna zones as a thf/war with apuru, robel akbel, Joachim, and the fucking dancer with the lisp (can't remember his name. I'm on a completely new account and at iLvL 118 I was fine. Killed everything with no problem, and even popped the high level dyna-lord in xarc and killed him with the help of a random BLU that was after the ring. I avg'd somewhere around 120-160 coins each run, with a couple of the runs getting a random 100 piece off of a NM. you could literally finish your gugnir currency in an afternoon, and farm up the attestation, and turn the stuff in (there's no multi day wait time anymore, just game days so few hours) I would recommend farming up 20k balyd in Adoulin (clear the rieves in ciezk a few times) and you'll have your 20k, and buy the iLvL 119 gear which I believe is better than any sparks stuff you can find.
    You could farm on your DRG, but might not get as much currency, but /dnc you still make plenty of procs, and robel casting spells procs a decent amount also.
    If you didn't know, you have no cooldown on dynamis anymore (well an hour) but dynamis runs 2hrs if you get the time extensions. So you can literally farm up your currency in a weekend. Also it's like 300k for a Jade shell now-a-days.
    You should really finish rank 10 in your nation, and to do all this you'll need to get to the 2nd chapter of Rhapsodies of vana'diel (the final missions for FFXI)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

@ShepardG: Zero cooldown on re-entry. I'm pretty sure you can bounce back and forth at the entrance if you really feel like it. I know you can continuously run back inside if you die on the first pull at least. <,<;; Lithpy danther is Mayakov. Be aware that Coming Up Roses is probably the hardest hitting physical damage Trust WS, and it can one-shot Dynamis mobs which you sometimes don't want to happen.

@Dathus: Always a good idea to work on your TH set. For THF-main, your goal is at least TH+5 from gear, but absolutely no more needed than TH+10. For non-THF main, you hardcap at TH4 from all sources, (excluding RNG's Bounty Shot.. there always has to be an exception. =_=) You shouldn't put off doing Dynamis just to build a TH set first, but if you have the baseline pieces, might want to reforge whatever you can ASAP. You'll be able to do fine in Sparks gear, just be smart about how many mobs you pull at once.

Ridill
    BG Level

Got bit by the bug again and thinking about starting fresh and starting up with my fiance. Problem is, we only have one PC between the two of us. Ps2 version is non-existent now, right? And for the cheapest route, a store bought desktop would probably be the cheapest, but idk how useful it would be besides that one specific use. A laptop would be useful for non-FF11 stuff and a space saver and I'm guessing I probably don't need a higher end laptop to play a fifteen year old game.

Typing this out it kind of sounds like I answered my question lol, but I might as well post this anyway since I typed it all out and maybe someone knows something else I dont.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Got bit by the bug again and thinking about starting fresh and starting up with my fiance. Problem is, we only have one PC between the two of us. Ps2 version is non-existent now, right? And for the cheapest route, a store bought desktop would probably be the cheapest, but idk how useful it would be besides that one specific use. A laptop would be useful for non-FF11 stuff and a space saver and I'm guessing I probably don't need a higher end laptop to play a fifteen year old game.

Typing this out it kind of sounds like I answered my question lol, but I might as well post this anyway since I typed it all out and maybe someone knows something else I dont.
    Any PC is good enough for surfing the web. I'd recomended against laptops, but you can get one that works or get it to work on one better said.

Yes, the PS2 version is long gone.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I prefer using laptops to desktops for this type of game. It's not like it's any more difficult to get most games running on laptops unless they require dedicated graphics cards, but laptops use a fraction of the electricity as a desktop. This actually matters since you will probably leave it running overnight often. >_>

Any Windows based laptop should be plenty powerful enough to play FFXI. Pretty sure my $30 cellphone from WalMart has stronger specs than the desktop that I played this game on originally. XD (It's just for playing music and calling 911 if I'm bitten by a snake in my backyard.)

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I prefer using laptops to desktops for this type of game. It's not like it's any more difficult to get most games running on laptops unless they require dedicated graphics cards, but laptops use a fraction of the electricity as a desktop. This actually matters since you will probably leave it running overnight often. >_>

Any Windows based laptop should be plenty powerful enough to play FFXI. Pretty sure my $30 cellphone from WalMart has stronger specs than the desktop that I played this game on originally. XD (It's just for playing music and calling 911 if I'm bitten by a snake in my backyard.)
    It is typically more problematic to run this game on a laptop.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I run on a laptop (always have) and never have any issues nowadays

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

@Dathus: Always a good idea to work on your TH set. For THF-main, your goal is at least TH+5 from gear, but absolutely no more needed than TH+10. For non-THF main, you hardcap at TH4 from all sources, (excluding RNG's Bounty Shot.. there always has to be an exception. =_=) You shouldn't put off doing Dynamis just to build a TH set first, but if you have the baseline pieces, might want to reforge whatever you can ASAP. You'll be able to do fine in Sparks gear, just be smart about how many mobs you pull at once.
    I have Assassin Armlets+2 and Raider's Poulaine's +2, so I could use those to get my TH+ again? Or should I focus on DRG or COR(I'm making a Mythic, too. Alexandrite pls) and get them to 119 before going balls out on my TH bitch? I don't mind getting it to a better place before making other shit better. I've been derping around with friends and soloing some assaults I needed before looking to go hardcore into things again.

As for job-specific sets, do you know where I could go to look at best 119 sets for DRG and COR, and which relic/Empyrian/Artifact gear is best to upgrade?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I have Assassin Armlets+2 and Raider's Poulaine's +2, so I could use those to get my TH+ again? Or should I focus on DRG or COR(I'm making a Mythic, too. Alexandrite pls) and get them to 119 before going balls out on my TH bitch? I don't mind getting it to a better place before making other shit better. I've been derping around with friends and soloing some assaults I needed before looking to go hardcore into things again.

As for job-specific sets, do you know where I could go to look at best 119 sets for DRG and COR, and which relic/Empyrian/Artifact gear is best to upgrade?
    I would aim for at least 109ing both of those ASAP. 109ing is generally cheap, and the "stat vomit" you gain from ilvl is a good value. ^^ 119ing can be a bit more pricey, so look over the reforge pages here to pick out the ones that make you drool to work towards first. (Links for the reforge pages are in the top bar of the wiki.)

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If all you do is wear your TH gear to tag a mob and then take it off, it doesn't matter if you ilvl that gear or not. Nothing in this game really requires wearing TH gear while hoping for a proc anymore either.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    If all you do is wear your TH gear to tag a mob and then take it off, it doesn't matter if you ilvl that gear or not. Nothing in this game really requires wearing TH gear while hoping for a proc anymore either.
    It will still help you to not-miss and be sure that tag happens ASAP. (I don't think I've ever run into reported testing of whether misses can tag or not.) There is a pretty big difference in accuracy and damage between non-ilvl vs ilvl. Last official word on TH is that you still need to full-time TH gear if you want highest proc rate, so it's a bad thing to say otherwise. I have yet to proc TH13-14 without full-timing. (Though 14 is absurdly rare to see even doing everything "right".) Everything requires wearing TH if you are gunning for procs since everything dies too fast to see higher tier procs otherwise do to the way that proc rate is reduced without it.

Biggest thing: Why encourage someone asking for advice to intentionally gimp themselves unnecessarily? The cost for 109ing is negligible as far as upgrades go. :/

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It will still help you to not-miss and be sure that tag happens ASAP. (I don't think I've ever run into reported testing of whether misses can tag or not.) There is a pretty big difference in accuracy and damage between non-ilvl vs ilvl. Last official word on TH is that you still need to full-time TH gear if you want highest proc rate, so it's a bad thing to say otherwise. I have yet to proc TH13-14 without full-timing. (Though 14 is absurdly rare to see even doing everything "right".) Everything requires wearing TH if you are gunning for procs since everything dies too fast to see higher tier procs otherwise do to the way that proc rate is reduced without it.

Biggest thing: Why encourage someone asking for advice to intentionally gimp themselves unnecessarily? The cost for 109ing is negligible as far as upgrades go. :/
    I'm not a fan of wasting time or resources.

They don't need to even hit the mob to activate TH so it is irrelevant. There isn't any real content in the game where I would ask a THF to full time TH in hopes of a mostly useless proc. SE has moved away from these super rare drop rates.

• HTBFs? Capped TH on D/VD.
    • Omen? Apply TH and take it off. Only matters for Ou's extra slot pretty much anyway.
    • Divergence? Apply TH, take it off, kill faster.
    • Unity? Doesn't matter.
    • Escha? Apply TH, take it off, kill faster. Almost no reason to care about TH in the first place. Only the Warder's would even need TH. Even then it isn't a big deal to try and proc.
    • Defending Ring? Doesn's matter.
    • Salvage? Old content, your point is moot. Full time TH only for the NQ boss. The NQ boss being the only big deal for full timing TH in the game that I can think of.
    • Dynamis? Apply TH, Proc, Kill, dont full time it.

So no, I don't like telling people "go waste time" instead of "get more important gear".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag