Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Heya. Been gone about 8 years and am somewhat fearfully considering trying the new FFXI. I read the BG guide to getting the first set of 119 gear and that guide/summary of modern endgame, but still have a bunch of questions.

1. Is Japan still the only server location? That really sucked for us Europeans.

2. If I can't find a good group, how bad for solo gil farming is that basic crappy 119 gear compared to the +3 gear, R15 etc. that I assume I need a big/competent group to get? They don't look crazy different to me. Anyway, I'm not picky about jobs for farming and have 2 accounts if that's still a thing.

3. Can capped fishing and cooking compete with competent farming in the modern economy? I remember reading way back that fishing was limited to something like 1-2h per day, but that's about how much time I'd have to play anyway.

4. What's a good choice of jobs these days? I love them all, but realize that huge chunks of the community have biases and a narrow selection of strategies. I had a 99 Rag, 90 Ochain, 90 Almace, 90 Kannagi, Dring and about 1/2 finished 75 Aegis on the galka, and the mithra was a few Apademak horns away from a 90 Daur if that has any impact on anything.

5. What in the hell happened to SE's customer support? So, I lost and forgot almost all my info and my old registered email no longer exists (though my physical token's battery somehow still works). They used to be far worse than Bethesda is today. Yet right now, I got a quick reply, sent them some photos of my ID and they sent me all my SE/POL info on the SAME DAY. No confusion, ignoring or gaslighting. o_O;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

1. Still JP onry, still sucks for EU, especially in the newest content odyssey (it's still playable, but the lag can get aggravating).
    2. If you do Domain Invasion, you get points that can get 119 gear that's better than the starter 119 gear. Can also upgrade old AF/Relic/Empyrean armor to 119 as well. There's more in depth guides on how to proceed at endgame, but these 2 are usually the first for new/returning players.
    3. Cooking might be ok depending on your server, fishing is just to save money on cooking nowadays. A decent way to make gil solo/dualbox is to participate in monthly campaigns, such as this month's Nyzul Isle and High Tier battlefield campaigns. Others to look out for are delve, walk of echoes, and voidwatch campaign.
    4. Support still in demand, cor/brd/whm/geo, tanks are next, dps are a dime a dozen, but nice to have one for yourself. Newest content requires 3 jobs per character, so having diversity is good, even with the less popular jobs since a full party requires 18 jobs among them with no overlap.
    5. They want you to return so you'll be hooked or something idk, maybe xiv changed something in the process.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I got back into the game after a long break on paladin
    ochain 90 is good enough for what it's useful for, aegis is also still great and super cheap to 99

afaik rag is worthless, ninja is super niche but nice when the need comes up (ambuscade), a 90 daur will be equivalent to cheap and very easy item to get from oboro but if you want to dump a lot of money into it daur 99 is still top tier and bard is an epic dd now with https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Naegling

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The sub job update is crazy.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Without hyperbole this is probably the biggest thing to happen to FFXI’s gameplay in five years or so. It’s a game changer.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

how many extra subjob levels can you get?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You get a SJ level every 5 master levels, assuming the cap for master levels will be 99 that will give you 19 SJ levels?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I came here to find an answer to this! I'm curious because yet again it feels like the game's possibilities got blown open. Not as much as the initial 37-49 cap, but still, an exciting thing to observe as an ex-player to see what people come up with

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fyi current cap is mLv 20, giving us SJ lv 53

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So Curaga III from /WHM, Super Jump from /DRG, another 2% DA from /WAR, another 5 STP and Zanshin level from /SAM, and Valiance from /RUN. Also get more /BLU set points but idk if it matters.

/WHM and /DRG are the big winners imo. I wonder if / how much they nerfed Super Jump from subjob.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Let see

WAR: DA2, MaxHP 2
    MNK: Kick 1
    THF: Eva Bonus 3, Damage Limit 1
    WHM: Clear Mind 3, MDB3, Divine Veil, Divine Benison 1 / Holy, Curaga 3, Recall
    BLM: MAB3, Elemental Celerity 1 / Stone 3, Freeze, Tornado, Firaga 2
    RDM: Clear Mind 2, Resist Petrify 3 / Fire 2, Enthunder 2, Enstone 2

PLD: Def Bonus 3, Shield Mastery 2 / Raise, Protect 3
    DRK: Att Bonus3, Resist Paralyze 3
    BST: Aquan Killer 1 / ?
    BRD: Dark Carol, Blade Madrigal, Dragonfoe Mambo
    RNG: Acc Bonus 3, Recycle 3, Dead Aim 1 / Unlimited Shot
    SMN: MaxMP 3 / Elemental Siphon / Double Slap, Bitter Elegy

SAM: Store TP 3, Zanshin 3
    NIN: Damage Limit 1, Resist Bind 3
    DRG: Super Jump

BLU: Ice Break, Self Destruct, Frightful Roar, Cold Wave, Filamented Hold / Magic Defense Bonus
    COR: Resist Amnesia / Random Deal / Puppet Roll
    PUP: Resist Slow 2, Martial Arts 2 / ?

DNC: Contradance, Builing Flourish
    SCH: Clear Mind 3 / Stona, Protect 3, Ice Spikes, Thunder 2

GEO: Life Cycle / Blizzard 2, Thundara, Geo-Acumen, Indi-Topor
    RUN: MDB 3, Acc Boost 1 / Valiance / Shell 3

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    ML capped at 20 for now, so +4 to your subjob level at the moment.

Edit: I shoulda kept scrolling.

BG Level

annnnnd i'm back. briefly at least, we'll see. have all the currency for burtang (i got a 2nd tier lotto prize lol), and all the HMP for calabolg. i'd like to at least finish these things.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    annnnnd i'm back. briefly at least, we'll see. have all the currency for burtang (i got a 2nd tier lotto prize lol), and all the HMP for calabolg. i'd like to at least finish these things.
    Welcome back.

BG Level

Ty sir. Saw you on the returning tele platform in whitewater lol.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    Ty sir. Saw you on the returning tele platform in whitewater lol.
    Oh, so you are on Asura? Should come hang out in the LS then.

BG Level

will do. my wife and i don't really know many (i.e. anyone now) that's still active. we were transfers from carby a few years ago. we did some nyzul and einherjar for points on our mythics yesterday, and i've been messing with gearswap this weekend. i found one for drk that is actually documented well and i can figure the toggles out, so in the process of swapping my (very old) gear into it.

thanks for the invite, i'll hit you up once i'm back on.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Since I can't post new threads while my post count is under 10 posts, I'll ask this in this thread.

I can't get anymore Coalition assignments from the Mummers' Coalition for Lost Articles or Morale Boosting. Is something wrong currently on Bahamut? I have 4 IMP currently, so I would be able to take them. The Task Delegator is only offering research: Rala Waterways, and I'm not willing to do that. I've done Lost Article about 4 times already for 3x IMP each, so there's no reason why it shouldn't allow me a 5th time today. The Frontier Station exists in Ceizak and Yahse, and so do all of the other stations in each zone.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by coldreactive View Post
    Since I can't post new threads while my post count is under 10 posts, I'll ask this in this thread.

I can't get anymore Coalition assignments from the Mummers' Coalition for Lost Articles or Morale Boosting. Is something wrong currently on Bahamut? I have 4 IMP currently, so I would be able to take them. The Task Delegator is only offering research: Rala Waterways, and I'm not willing to do that. I've done Lost Article about 4 times already for 3x IMP each, so there's no reason why it shouldn't allow me a 5th time today. The Frontier Station exists in Ceizak and Yahse, and so do all of the other stations in each zone.
    Check the completed ones instead, then re-flag there, it's not on initial page.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Check the completed ones instead, then re-flag there, it's not on initial page.
    You have to get Coalition Assignments from the Task Delegator, regardless if you've completed them before, as you have to pay Imprimaturs to accept them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag