Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

You have to clear like 7 sets of dialogue from him before he'll finally show you the menu where you can access rewards.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I used to love to cleave in abyssea on blu back in the day but I really don't remember how and my gearswap is definitely wrong.

There are some old guides out there, but I'm definitely not doing as much damage as I remember doing.

Anyone got some cheap gear recommendations to make charged whisker do like 7k?

Thanks

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

1-you probably have wrong atmas set
    2-use subduction
    3-if you insist on OHKO potential use hybrid ele spells
    4-MAB gear
    5-Use subduction

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i don't understand this?

3-if you insist on OHKO (one hit KO) potential use hybrid ele spells (like what?)

from the elementals in SoA, tenebral crush etc

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

thanks ~

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

For THF cape augments, when I read the community page to see what the best augments are I don't see a stat filled out for Abdhaljs Resin: x5.

Can the cape be capped in the Dex +20, Acc. + 30, Attack +20, and Store TP +10 without doing the resin portions at all?

Also, what's the best choice to pick for the resin augments?

What's the easiest mob to farm solo and with trusts to obtain a Pulse weapon to trade in for the final form of the Quest WS weapons?

Thanks!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Most people do chasticiers NM (behemoth from zitah). When VW event is up, if you can stomach it, you could farm VW and try your luck. I got a few across my chars (albeit unbalanced scaling, some got 1, some got 5). Alternatively, if you have 297 crystal petrifacts leftover, you can turn them to emporox and get pulse from potporri. Granted, it takes 25k, though it can go "quick" if you use emporox ring.

if you need it asap: chastisiers
    if you need it later: emporox / potpourri (if you have petrifacts)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

maybe DT- depending on the set? most of the guides are incredibly dated.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Does Gishdubar Sash affect the potency of Magic Fruit? I assume "Potency of 'Cure' effect received" only applies to spells named Cure/Curaga, but it would make total sense for it to work with another spell that is just a heal. Same question for the other BLU spells and whatever other heals I'm forgetting, I guess.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I could solo that Escha - Zitah mob with trusts that you're talking about?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll chime in regarding pulse weapons, you get a free one from deeds of heroism after 5 months if you do all your monthly RoE every month. The pulse weapons are also sendable to accounts on the same PoL account, so if you need multiple pulse weapons you can have some mules accumulating deeds to eventually get you more. I also just two days ago got a pulse weapon from the 50 point gobbie dial, but that's of course very luck dependant.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I have Windower and the d38->9 stuff installed, and mostly my graphics are great, but there's this weird thing with lighting where sometimes shadows will flicker in and out of existence based on the camera angle. Here's a visual example from Qu'Bia Arena:

when I rotate the camera at all it flickers and it's super distracting, and the middle of the arena is a clear circle of perfect light with no shadows doing that and a sharp line between that and this like in the picture. Any idea what could be causing this? I'd love to fix it, didn't know if this was the right thread but I assume it's a setting I messed up by being a new idiot.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can I do alluvion skirmish with just trusts and obtain "Mellidopt Wings" from treasure coffers?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looking at the guides for procing in Abyssea, are the various lists of WS/spells a 'any in this list work' or a 'one of these will work'? I quit right at 80 cap and never messed around in Aby back then. Somewhat related, I've been brute forcing my way though the drop/pop items to get to the Abyssite of Discernment/Complete the Aby missions/quests and am up to needing to kill Rani...wtf is going on with that thing? I'm on THF with NQ Ambuscade gear/decent Skin Flayer main hand and half the time i'll pop off a 5 digit Rudras and then the next thing I know its healed back up to full. Messing with my chat filters it looks like my trusts are healing it via skill chains?

This is the page I reference above: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Abyssea Thanks for any help

Basically if it says it's vulnerable to light magic, then any spells within the list of light magic could be the proc. Just be mindful to not land them while it's casting/TPing. Same carries over to elemental weapon skills. Fortunately the type-specific procs (blunt, slashing, etc) aren't as imporant, so you're mainly just going to want to focus on the elemental magic/ws.

And if I remember Rani right, it heals from specific sources depending on what it's doing (don't nuke when casting, don't WS when TPing). So you may want to minimize your trust set up to just supports who would stay at range and/or dismissing a proc assistant mid-battle once you get the !!.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks for the info. Its really evil that the thing that helps you proc is behind something that would be much simpler if you knew what the proc was but I guess I knew what i was signing up for when i re-subed...

In general, it was one of those attempts from SE to make lesser jobs of the time matter. Hard to say it worked since low-mans just became parties of WHM, BLM/BRD (not a typo), BLU, and most often a NIN. Fundamentally, having less mouths to feed with drops had people coming and going from pops more steadily. Though, there were congestion issues before NMs got multiple pop spots. The timed pops were still a problem, though, and probably still are depending on the weapon they're related to.

Voidwatch and later content just made the proc concepts worse since they removed the predictability of day/time without really addressing the fact that bringing 18 people required meaningful drops for 18 people, ergo the old Logwatch nickname and complaints certain drops couldn't be shared. But that's another issue.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What windower tool do people use anymore? Or is it still just this Windower 4.3?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag