Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

On that note, is MMM solvable w/ trusts? Would like to acquire that torque, and I feel I'll have to farm up my own items to create the needed maps

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What exactly does solvable mean? Which MMM you talking about what torque etc

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    On that note, is MMM solvable w/ trusts? Would like to acquire that torque, and I feel I'll have to farm up my own items to create the needed maps
    I am assuming that you actually meant Meeble Burrows, and are talking about Orunmila Torque.. Since I don't know of anything from MMM that would be desirable nowadays. <,<;; IIRC, no Trusts allowed, but it is soloable, at least by jobs that can self-heal somehow. Even Bloody Bolt spam should be enough on the way up. I used BLU/RDM all the up the climb, then BST for last boss. Boss is evil.. Made it all the way from zilch > boss in a few hours thanks to ROV KI too. ^^

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Anyone know offhand:

* Does Delve difficulty scale with number of participants like Geas Fete?
    * Does Vagary difficulty scale with number of participants like Geas Fete?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Meeble Burrows does allow you to use Trusts on the bosses, but not on the basic missions. There are a few of them that are nigh impossible to get max rank on by yourself, but I think the minimum clear levels are all doable solo.

Delve scales, and was actually adjusted to scale down if you bring in fewer than six. Things really don't have much HP if you only bring in three characters.

Vagary, unless something changed from last I played, does not scale.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Meeble Burrows does allow you to use Trusts on the bosses, but not on the basic missions. There are a few of them that are nigh impossible to get max rank on by yourself, but I think the minimum clear levels are all doable solo.

Delve scales, and was actually adjusted to scale down if you bring in fewer than six. Things really don't have much HP if you only bring in three characters.

Vagary, unless something changed from last I played, does not scale.
    For Orunmila Torque hunting, I don't think maxing out score/rewards are necessary. :3 I was able to stomp thru Meebles non-stop til I went back to town to change jobs to BST for last boss. It's one of the safest jobs to take to fight something when you are intentionally going in blind. XD (I read enough about the content to understand how to do the climb but not the actual walkthroughs.) BLU makes a good option for that too, as long as you have the time and/or forethought to make sure you have all your buff/heal/debuff options covered (and always carry Echo Drops.)

I was more wondering if Delve scaled up enough to become actually challenging at some point. I've been 4man farming it with a fellow dboxer and we weren't sure if we had vastly improved since we remember doing it before, if it scales w/ group size, or if it was simply nerfed. XD

I thought the same thing about Vagary, but one of my friends who is a Vagary addict (quite literally 500+ runs under her belt, probably closer to 1000+..) has been insisting to me that it scales down w/ group size too, and that some of the mid-bosses died to single SC+MB w/ 4x ppl total. <,<;; Official Forums search function sucks ass, so was kinda hoping someone here remembered if/when scaling was added to it...

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Going to bet the farm on the assertion; Meeble Burrows does not scale and nor does it need to.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Meebles existed during the 99 cap era before Adoulin or ilvl ever existed, why would it possibly scale. It's old content that can be steamrolled with 119 gear
    Vagary doesn't scale either

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Delve scales with group size, but their original pre-scaling HP was what is currently 18 man HP, so it was basically a large nerf for any group but a full alliance.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For AoE JAs that give a chunk of enmity for every party member they hit, does said party member need to be on the mob's hate list for the enmity to register?

Also, does Sentinel still give Enmity +100 when subbed?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    For AoE JAs that give a chunk of enmity for every party member they hit, does said party member need to be on the mob's hate list for the enmity to register?

No, just you need to be.

As for /PLD Sentinel, no idea. /PLD is generally pretty garbage or extremely niche anyway.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

/pld is nice for tanking short fights, especially with adds. Good for locking hate onto you and the DT while people are getting into position/sleeping shit or whatever. I used blu/pld to tank a bunch in ambuscade to great effect. I think our runs were frequently /pld for some of them as well.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

NQ Abjurations worthwhile still? Have a bunch from the abjuration campaign from a while ago and never did anything with them. Glanced at the 119 Neptunal and Adaberk variants and didn't seem worthwhile.

Code:
     Ab.Abjuration: Lg.
     Ar.Abjuration: Hn.
     Bu.Abjuration: Ft.
     Bu.Abjuration: Lg.
     Cy.Abjuration: Hd.
     Cy.Abjuration: Hn.
     Cy.Abjuration: Lg.
     Gr.Abjuration: Hd.
     Jo.Abjuration: Hd.
     Sh.Abjuration: Ft.
     Tr.Abjuration: Bd.
     Tr.Abjuration: Hd.
     Tr.Abjuration: Lg.
     Va.Abjuration: Lg.
     Ve.Abjuration: Lg.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

@Jutubyaa: Don't just look at the individual pages for 119 abj gear. Do a search for "Nolan" instead, since that page actually shows the maximum values for the possible augments.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

k now the abjurations make more sense. thanks.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post

I tried a simple method to test it, not very precise but I think it's precise enough: 2 players WAR/PLD with no gear enmity and Player 1 with -5 enmity merits (not relevant). Player 1 pulled with Provoke and waited until all VE expired (so, sat with 190 CE). Then Player 2 used Sentinel (while still outside of hate list) then Provoke'd. Player 2 lost hate after 42 seconds (42*60 = 2520 VE lost), what means his Provoke generated something around 2650-2710 VE. Since 2700 = 1800 * 1.5, I think /PLD's Sentinel enmity bonus is actually +50.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    @Jutubyaa: Don't just look at the individual pages for 119 abj gear. Do a search for "Nolan" instead, since that page actually shows the maximum values for the possible augments.
    All of the pages should say they are created from trading X and Y to the guy in Northern Sandy and that they may be augmented through Nolan.

We have been discussing Abjurations a bit lately in the BG Wiki Discord, and making sure they are copacetic. We have nice set pages for all of the 119 ones with the augments listed, etc. However, there may still be some gaps to fill in for that complete user experience people need. Always looking for feedback or assistance of course.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Nolan/oboro/sinister reign augments should be on the respective items pages as well IMO, like most of the abjurations have now. I'll add them myself at some point probably.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Nolan/oboro/sinister reign augments should be on the respective items pages as well IMO, like most of the abjurations have now. I'll add them myself at some point probably.
    We avoid redundancy on the wiki as a good practice. The only reason the AF and Relic have the table from the reforged category page is because it is mirrored from that page and can't be changed on any individual item page. Same works for the new fish now, the main fishing page doesn't contain the info itself so the two pages can't have different info.

It is certainly something that can easily be set up though of Oboro and other types of things. The reforged Empyrean one is set up for example, but we need a free editor to get around to tossing it on 210 more (WAR is done atm as an example) item pages.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Made a new page for Apex mobs that people might find useful.

Suggestions are welcome as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag