BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 90 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Say, Reisenjima. Any more convenient way to get there? I got a Cumulus Masque+1 every 20hrs, three Crag rings, and the option to home-point warp there via Ruh'met. Surely there's a more direct way to get there by now that they added?
    It's not more convenient but if you don't have rings etc up you can take the unity warp to tahrongi canyon or use the waypoint warp there via selbina etc and it's close enough to the crag to run or use a mount.

arent the teleport dem/holla/mea rings the moogle sells on like a 10 minute cooldown?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, once you get the ring I doubt you'll be going there too often for it to not be ready

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Alright talk to me about coming back or not, would be on monk I read about some of what I'd need to do.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Depends how long you have been gone. But it’s ROE, ROV, and then riding the CP and gear up train to get into stuff like dynamis d.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It depends which RMEA you had for MNK and when you quit.

For gear, you will want something like:
    * Malignance gear (HTBF vs. Lilith that you can solo with Trusts, requires that you beat WotG)
    * 1 AG'd RMEA (Vereth > Godhands > Spharai > Glanz) - Arguably for returners Godhands is better than Vereth because the WS set for Victory Smite has higher demands than Raging Fists
    * Moonbow Belt (+1 preferred, AH)
    * At least two fully augmented JSE capes (Ambuscade)
    * Empyrean +1 body (Vagary) - primarily for Victory Smite
    * AF+3 feet (Omen) / Relic +2 legs (Dynamis - D, or just get Empyrean +1 legs from Vagary) - for TPing and kicking a lot

Herculean Gear has some utility even after you're fully geared up, so farming/augmenting a few hands/feet as a stopgap isn't a bad decision, particularly because the dark matter campaign is going on right now and you might get something interesting. The things I listed are roughly in the order I'd pursue them in if I was coming back with a level 119 non-AG RMEA. The Lilith HTBF drop rate sucks, but just keep punching her and eventually you'll get a full set.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It depends which RMEA you had for MNK and when you quit.

For gear, you will want something like:
    * Malignance gear (HTBF vs. Lilith that you can solo with Trusts, requires that you beat WotG)
    * 1 AG'd RMEA (Vereth > Godhands > Spharai > Glanz) - Arguably for returners Godhands is better than Vereth because the WS set for Victory Smite has higher demands than Raging Fists
    * Moonbow Belt (+1 preferred, AH)
    * At least two fully augmented JSE capes (Ambuscade)
    * Empyrean +1 body (Vagary) - primarily for Victory Smite
    * AF+3 feet (Omen) / Relic +2 legs (Dynamis - D, or just get Empyrean +1 legs from Vagary) - for TPing and kicking a lot

Herculean Gear has some utility even after you're fully geared up, so farming/augmenting a few hands/feet as a stopgap isn't a bad decision, particularly because the dark matter campaign is going on right now and you might get something interesting. The things I listed are roughly in the order I'd pursue them in if I was coming back with a level 119 non-AG RMEA. The Lilith HTBF drop rate sucks, but just keep punching her and eventually you'll get a full set.
    I left off on 95 vere 90 spharai and ugh 80 ukon for War. I quit when 119 relics were. Mostly for the auras and killing Dyna lord for the mats was still a bit hard to do.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You should upgrade your Vereth to 99 using 300 Riftborn Boulders (something between 1 and 1.5mil), but until you can get it to 119 (10,000 more Riftborn Boulders) you're probably better off with a different H2H.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

how outdated are Tlalpoloani? iirc those were the last hth i acquired , im installing atm

denouements from...a few of the promathia high tier battlefields are fine placeholders until you get ambuscade fists or something. i think they're fine anyway

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Easiest way to get to a mamool quick for daily ambuscade?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Bhaflau Thickets HP#1, I think?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks Byrth.

There is a BG guide that is like...."ok, I just got to 119, now I gotta unlock everything" and it takes you through unlocking all the WKR warp points, doing all the quests for adoulin to do reives, has you grab enigmatic warps, etc.

Anyone have that link? I had it and lost it.

edit: nvm got it https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Fresh_99/...119_Gear_Guide

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    die in a fire...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ended up with 2/5 lilith armor and most of the weapons/accessories on all 3 chars during the free campaign c.c thats basically all I did

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

10 days, played on 7 of them. I grinded merits for the AA Trusts, got my first 20 job points on blu on the side plus some of the spells I was missing. Finished the last missions of Adoulin/Rhapsody plus the 15min of the Voracious stuff and near all of the +CP% RoE objectives done. Then grabbed Siren on the side. Fair bit off my bucket list that didn't involve maxing out jobs.

Initially I wanted to resub, but doing this stuff in addition to XIV's 5.3 update burnt me out on both. I'll wait on the next Capacity-point campaign since I need those the most. Still sucks there's no sub discount for being on both games.

Everyone seems to have an REMA+Stars but I personally don't have it in me to finish my BLU's Almace given I assume they never removed the low-man headache from Abyssea that was handling NM procs for guaranteed KI drops and increased loot, and then the Voidwatch HMP grind after that seems like it's still impossible unless you're loaded with gil. I might need to look into the Aeonic option since that seems to be the most accessible of the bunch.

I checked out Walk of Echoes also, and it looked like dead & mostly useless content still despite their extremely lazy attempt to i119 it up? The +1 gear is crud minus a couple non-iLvl pieces which were the ones people wanted in the lv99 version of the zone, so I assume it's mostly just coin/dice fodder for folks who can solo that content for WS unlocks/selling.

Adoulin/Rhapsody story spoiler Q:
    Spoiler: show
    Voracious needing Rhapsody cleared has to only be due to the devs wanting it cleared as a baseline for gear/difficulty requirements yeah? Because the jist I got from Rhapsody's ending is that was a hard finish for your character, what with your body having returned to the mothercrystal and all.

Adoulin's ending potential also felt shorthanded. I recall awhile back there was concept art of Hades/Tartarus, and there clearly was a point in that cutscene after defeating Hades where it could have led to another chapter which would have us travel there, but it was interrupted instead and August/Teodore save the day.

I kinda feel bad for players coming in late not seeing Adoulin content evolve with the updates, because it felt like a living expansion with the gradual zone & maneuvering KI unlocks until the end point where Reives became easy w/ all the iLvl gear and bivoacs everywhere, with all the Coalitions were max rank. Actually then again we had to deal with an absolutely busted emnity system on its launch that took the devs a few months to fix by rebasing their formula on modern damage output instead of something that was equivalent to a lv50 sword with no haste.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I dont think WoE is worth doing unless there is the guaranteed surge campaign going on but even then i think a lot of the items have been obsoleted recently

Almace has been relegated to an offhand which is kinda cringe lol for blu you'd want to spend that time doing tizona probably

the game seems very lonely now, nobody i know still plays and 99% of the shouts on asura are selling content or jp bots so how do you even find a new group to play with

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah the game is still there but the community is dead. The streets felt dead even though there's clearly players around and shouts nonstop for 5mil/500jp

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Everyone seems to have an REMA+Stars but I personally don't have it in me to finish my BLU's Almace given I assume they never removed the low-man headache from Abyssea that was handling NM procs for guaranteed KI drops and increased loot, and then the Voidwatch HMP grind after that seems like it's still impossible unless you're loaded with gil. I might need to look into the Aeonic option since that seems to be the most accessible of the bunch.
    Depends I guess, since NIN/WAR can walk in there with all red procs, and trusts may help (or sheer level just makes it all very easy). Voidwatch campaigns help for farming, but material availability tends to be consistent due to Ambuscade.
    I wouldn't categorize Aeonic as the most accessible. REMs are basically all at the point that anybody can do one. Folks with gil to spend on them tend to have a steady-ish supply of materials, or you can just settle in to farm them yourself. That's a big reason so many people have them. Even a solo player with little gil on hand can elect to focus on farming a Mythic and get the 75 in a few weeks (or months, depending). Just a little longer-term goal alongside mastering a job or reforging JSE pieces.
    Outside of merc'ing, an Aeonic is still pretty dependent on your friends/LS. Personally, I wouldn't put Sequence up there as one that's worth spending money to get kills for either.

I checked out Walk of Echoes also, and it looked like dead & mostly useless content still despite their extremely lazy attempt to i119 it up? The +1 gear is crud minus a couple non-iLvl pieces which were the ones people wanted in the lv99 version of the zone, so I assume it's mostly just coin/dice fodder for folks who can solo that content for WS unlocks/selling.
    Usually people only do it during campaign to farm a handful of the items, yeah.

Adoulin/Rhapsody story spoiler Q:
    Voracious needing Rhapsody cleared has to only be due to the devs wanting it cleared as a baseline for gear/difficulty requirements yeah? Because the jist I got from Rhapsody's ending is that was a hard finish for your character, what with your body having returned to the mothercrystal and all.

Adoulin's ending potential also felt shorthanded. I recall awhile back there was concept art of Hades/Tartarus, and there clearly was a point in that cutscene after defeating Hades where it could have led to another chapter which would have us travel there, but it was interrupted instead and August/Teodore save the day.

The actual quests so far don't exactly pick up where RoV left off in terms of difficulty, and didn't yet connect to the plot. Still, there'd certainly be room for them to build off of it for an Abyssea sort of alternate realm thing, the beastmen getting stirred up/revitalized by the Cloud of Darkness events too, etc.

With Omen and Dyna D requiring RoV completion, if they are tying any sort of battle system to it, then it'd similarly make sense to force players to progress to there. Or maybe they just want to put a higher bar on it to stave off the RMT bots.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag