Page 16 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Question, I havent done much VW in sky for heavy metals or had much luck til this last VW campaign. Which i thought was pretty good run, however i had to stop and do some missions and stuff on mules which took most my time so i never got back to it,

My question is, Is there a real notable difference in farming HMPs in sky during a campaign as not during a campaign? a friend told me they didnt think lights or cells really made much difference at all, like very low percentages. I was expecting AH prices to drop a bit but they seemed to go up for some reason on my server during the campaign, but just slightly up.
    There is a precise value of red lights required to have HMP become a possible drop according to devs. I think it's 150% but could easily be wrong. ^^;;; As long as it's 150 or lower, just using a red cell on every fight will be enough to compensate for no campaign. No cell + no campaign + no procs = No HMP tho.

It wasn't anywhere near long enough since the last VW campaign, so not everyone likely to farm had stones refilled enough for HMP supplies to go up enough to drop prices.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I remember convincing myself that campaign is the way to go, based on personal experience. But over at XIAH, byrth posted this thread: https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...-Lets-find-out

and also testimony at: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/4...hmp/2/#3308783

Relic Shield
    BG Level

ok thanks guys, ill work on it when i get in game next regardless of campaign. i was pretty surprised there wasnt competition for pop areas too this last one, When ever the campaigns occur, 9/10 times there was someone at every pop spot in sky lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just trying to talk myself out of not coming back to the game.... What's the current situation with monk, and with Smithing 100 would I be able to generate a decent Gil income? (I've got monk relic 95 and vereth 90 and I think I had those hth from the last expansions fire boss.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    Just trying to talk myself out of not coming back to the game.... What's the current situation with monk, and with Smithing 100 would I be able to generate a decent Gil income? (I've got monk relic 95 and vereth 90 and I think I had those hth from the last expansions fire boss.
    Monk isn't good. Crafting requires the Relic shield.

But the game allows you to catch up fast. Main jobs used are PLD,RUN,GEO,SMN,BRD,WHM,RDM

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Monk isn't good. Crafting requires the Relic shield.

But the game allows you to catch up fast. Main jobs used are PLD,RUN,GEO,SMN,BRD,WHM,RDM
    Might want to replace the RDM with COR there. A good RDM is always nice to have, but it's rarely ever considered essential whereas a COR can fit into any group even with minimal investment (hence all the COR mules) so it's a decent option for a new/returning player

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Monk is fine, it just takes a good deal of investment. I wouldn't fault someone for being a MNK anymore than I would fault them for being a DRG.

Crafting requires a Escutcheon to matter outside of personal uses.

Gil has always been a joke for awhile now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just reading up on what it would take to make Smithing skill relevant again and nope not coming back, if monk ain't at abyssea glory days I'm gooooooood

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just reading up on what it would take to make Smithing skill relevant again and nope not coming back, if monk ain't at abyssea glory days I'm gooooooood
    Such ideals aren't missed anyway.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you spicyryan, lol

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Bukadan View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you spicyryan, lol
    FFXI isn't still playable on Xbox?! Well I guess I won't return then! Just thought I'd let everyone know!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm not a returning player but this is a problem new players would have to face so I figure that it's appropriate to ask this question here.
    I got a new laptop (windows 10) and the controller doesn't work properly with it. The D-pad doesn't work, the triggers for ctrl and alt are set as up/down on the dpad and two other buttons correspond to left/right for no discernible reason. I remember that I had this problem before at the very least.
    I already tried switching to controller setup E which is how i managed to get all of the other buttons to work.
    The gamepad works perfectly fine on POL.
    Is there a solution to this? I'd prefer one without installing new drivers but at this point I'm annoyed enough to say fuck it.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I'm returning. Fucking lost as shit.
    While at the same time I seem to remember how to play the game. I'm astounded with the ease I am able to hop back in.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    I'm not a returning player but this is a problem new players would have to face so I figure that it's appropriate to ask this question here.
    I got a new laptop (windows 10) and the controller doesn't work properly with it. The D-pad doesn't work, the triggers for ctrl and alt are set as up/down on the dpad and two other buttons correspond to left/right for no discernible reason. I remember that I had this problem before at the very least.
    I already tried switching to controller setup E which is how i managed to get all of the other buttons to work.
    The gamepad works perfectly fine on POL.
    Is there a solution to this? I'd prefer one without installing new drivers but at this point I'm annoyed enough to say fuck it.
    Which type of controller is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    I'm returning. Fucking lost as shit.
    While at the same time I seem to remember how to play the game. I'm astounded with the ease I am able to hop back in.
    Using the 1-119 guide on BG?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Yeah. it's a little wonky because I started/never finished a lot of things and I'm having to sort my mind on what I was doing when I quit.
    Mostly trying to do mission cleanup atm.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Me and a friend just transferred to Asura from Sylph.
    I suppose one of the concierges would be a decent spot to find an LS right now?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by agrotc View Post
    Me and a friend just transferred to Asura from Sylph.
    I suppose one of the concierges would be a decent spot to find an LS right now?
    eFlooziesXI!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So I'm thinking of starting up FFXI again but I'm having trouble navigating the POL website to reactivate my old account (the interface has been changed). Any tips would be helpful.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

With Blizzard announcing a fully supported Classic server on the way and a few other titles that have followed suit. Would you guys be excited if SE announced a lvl75 server? Something fully supported. I know they're down to a skeleton team, so it's not going to happen. But with this trend of classic servers becoming a thing, I wonder if it's something they are thinking about it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    With Blizzard announcing a fully supported Classic server on the way and a few other titles that have followed suit. Would you guys be excited if SE announced a lvl75 server? Something fully supported. I know they're down to a skeleton team, so it's not going to happen. But with this trend of classic servers becoming a thing, I wonder if it's something they are thinking about it.
    No

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag