Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there a don't-drop list of pre-i117 gear I should keep in mind? It's another free-play period and I figure I'd work on my BLU some which is mostly in Delve 1.0-era gear, aka really outdated.

Outside of Refresh idle sets, things with movement speed, and fastcast gear, I'm finding it hard to use anything old that isn't the i117+ gear because you really want the stat-puke on it for your damage/surviving. All I know is to hold onto any AF gear since that can be upgraded to i119.

Slowly working through the Intermediate RoV stuff following the BGWiki guides since it's something to do, and I decimated a poor Cirdas Caverns skirmish solo with my Trusts while it rained merits left & right, which I'm still not used to seeing. I think my main headaches is just figuring out the gearing process I should follow, since I have no one to carry me, nor do I have something geared already to help gear my other jobs.

Then there's getting the modern BLU spells and figuring out what spell builds are the modern de facto. Do people still kill WKR bosses on the regular or will I have to find a way to not get murdered by those when soloing them to get their spells? On that note, jesus fuck I miss BLU. XIV's interpretation of it left me wanting.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

There's a WKR campaign going on this month, so depending on your server there's a decent chance those are getting killed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

mainly gonna be accessories that are still useful kaisha, and you're still on asura? I see people fighting WKR as a group still
    and for blu spells the hybrid aldouin elemental spells are great along with subduction from the maroliths if you dont have that

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll keep an eye out tomorrow, I'm still on Asura. Maybe shout in town if someone is rounding up people for it. Seems like the campaign is just +Bayld, the heck is that even used for still?
    On that note, WKR counts as a Reive as far as this neckpiece is concerned? https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Adoulin%27s_Refuge_%2B1

I'll probably venture through the the item lists and see what non-SU gear I can collect or buy off the AH. My accessories aren't "terrible" but they're also over a decade old aside from the neck/back/waist.

And that's me not even trying to worry about Capacity Point grinding since that'll be a chore unto itself. At least merits are an absolute joke to farm during the experience boost campaign, not that I have much to cap for my BLU on it besides core attributes. That aside, I'm surprised there's 4k~ish people online . Are people returning to the game, or just everyone moved to Asura over the past couple years? When they first started the free-play periods post-Adoulin, there was at best 2k people online.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yes, those necks work in WKR.

Bayld has a few small uses like buying maps, mog garden KIs (I think?), the Adoulin version of Signet, etc. Also entry KI for Sinister Reign. In larger uses, it's converted to HP Bayld (10k bayld > 1 hp bayld) as the currency to make Idris/Epeolatry.

Bayld/HP Bayld also used for RUN/GEO jse sets.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I'll keep an eye out tomorrow, I'm still on Asura. Maybe shout in town if someone is rounding up people for it. Seems like the campaign is just +Bayld, the heck is that even used for still?
    On that note, WKR counts as a Reive as far as this neckpiece is concerned? https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Adoulin%27s_Refuge_%2B1

I'll probably venture through the the item lists and see what non-SU gear I can collect or buy off the AH. My accessories aren't "terrible" but they're also over a decade old aside from the neck/back/waist.

And that's me not even trying to worry about Capacity Point grinding since that'll be a chore unto itself. At least merits are an absolute joke to farm during the experience boost campaign, not that I have much to cap for my BLU on it besides core attributes. That aside, I'm surprised there's 4k~ish people online . Are people returning to the game, or just everyone moved to Asura over the past couple years? When they first started the free-play periods post-Adoulin, there was at best 2k people online.
    imo you should just do like normal or easy ambu for like 2 hours to get all 119 of that gear. that's usually how i progress from where you're at

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Seems like the campaign is just +Bayld, the heck is that even used for still?
    Campaign also means that they repop much faster, so more chances to learn that way.

For gearing...
    The higher tier Coalition gear was bumped to 119 and the cost reduced. The stats other than the basic ilevel ones weren't really changed I don't think, but it'd be a simple bump up.

Ambuscade gear, if you can manage it well enough, would be a nice improvement even with the NQ stuff. You'll also want to start building capes and weapons.

Start showing up to Domain Invasion. With the number of people on Asura, and the assumption that you have the consecutive Meiryu kill bonus on, you probably only need to go to one for the 100 points a day that you can use to buy stuff. Priority is often given to the unique rewards, but the option is there to use points on Escha/Reisen items you can't readily get yet too.
    Since DI will pop faster with even a few people showing up, this is literally a handout in exchange for a few minutes a day.

If you can get help, Reisenjima does have extra personal equipment drops happening a lot (and it's dark matter campaign for augments). Getting some Herculean gear shouldn't be that bad. Decently geared folks can tear through Ru'Aun T1s for you for not-body abjurations and accessories.

You also have some great options with augmented UNM gear. Need to unlock the ability to do that via Odyssey, and completing that RoE really just takes sneaking around to the exit. Buying the scales or hides would be relatively pricey if you aren't coming back with a ton of gil, but stuff like the R15 Cohort Cloak +1 would be very solid to look at.

For player numbers, there does seem to be a steady rotation of people back over to XI, but the sheer volume you're seeing is due to Asura being the most commonly pointed to destination. Bahamut also has a relatively large population. Most other servers have hundreds of people on, not thousands.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    imo you should just do like normal or easy ambu for like 2 hours to get all 119 of that gear. that's usually how i progress from where you're at
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Ambuscade gear, if you can manage it well enough, would be a nice improvement even with the NQ stuff. You'll also want to start building capes and weapons.
    I know fuck-all about the modern events or what people's gear expectations or soloability are for them. Mostly just trying to make myself a to-do checklist to catch up on things to start. Least there's the bg-wiki but it doesn't help much with regards to determining difficulty. Still is a pain in the ass that the Trust AI won't engage anything you don't physically melee yourself, or that a tank AI won't drag a mob away from the rest so they're not all in frontal AoE range.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Campaign also means that they repop much faster, so more chances to learn that way.
    That's good to know. Think I got my BLU AF gloves somewhere to help with learning the things.

For gearing...
    The higher tier Coalition gear was bumped to 119 and the cost reduced. The stats other than the basic ilevel ones weren't really changed I don't think, but it'd be a simple bump up.
    Thanks, wasn't aware. Bumped myself up to i119 with Shneddick+1 since I was sitting on a million bayld. Also would it kill the devs to make menu categories for item NPCs instead of having to hit "Next Page" ten times?

Start showing up to Domain Invasion.
    Is DI the thing that the Unity stuff is for? Was grinding merits the other day in Escha Ru'Aun and saw a clusterfuck of Trusts fighting a blue wyrm beyond the main doll hall, although I couldn't determine who to talk to for getting the buff to participate on that.

You also have some great options with augmented UNM gear. Need to unlock the ability to do that via Odyssey, and completing that RoE really just takes sneaking around to the exit. Buying the scales or hides would be relatively pricey if you aren't coming back with a ton of gil, but stuff like the R15 Cohort Cloak +1 would be very solid to look at.
    I'll add this later on my to-do list, seems useful. Think for now I'll see how this beginner-tier i119 gear holds up for working on the RoE objectives that yield +CapacityPoints to then figure out what to grind for those, since I'll be needing the JP to get my +20 points to slot more skills with. Maybe I'll be able to finish the final fights of Adoulin/Rhapsody for myself with it.

Eventually will need to go over my usual Trust load-out since I'm sure there's better options nowadays than what I have atm.

Also, during late-Adoulin I recalled accuracy always being a problem and you needed to stack as much +Acc gear and food to reliably hit shit. Is that still a thing or has the +Skill on weapons mitigated needing it as much?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

for Domain Invasion- make sure you do 4/5 of these per week you can only get 80/100 points and the shit is expensive
    all the escha entrance npcs will offer an "Elvorseal" and teleport you to the arena

send a tell to "Whereisdi" to find out whats up/next

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm guessing that's some helper bot? Also I don't get the point in having item levels if they backtracked at i119 and decided "Hey let's make it worse and instead block gear progression behind Job Points for Su# stuff".
    [EDIT] Well, DI train is going smoothly, albeit as brainless as XIV's boss fates.

Currently going through the hell that is Porter Mog stuff for clearing inventory space. There's so many damn slips nowadays.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm guessing that's some helper bot? Also I don't get the point in having item levels if they backtracked at i119 and decided "Hey let's make it worse and instead block gear progression behind Job Points for Su# stuff".
    It's really more of a design philosophy there. They don't want people just dinging 99 and decking themselves out in i119 from the AH. The vast majority of i119 gear doesn't have a Superior requirement, but also has to be obtained via content - as a drop, unlocked capability, farmed seals, whatever. Having to meet the Job Point requirement for Su gear is the tradeoff for it being something you can just buy.

I'd say that Su1/2 felt more logical in that respect, but it ultimately doesn't impact all that many items. Plus, you want to get job points anyway.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh, are most of the Su stuff purchasable? That'd explain things in that case.

Since I last bothered to look into this stuff, looks like Story Missions were added to the "RoE list of things that grant +CP%" (is there a place to even check your current bonus amount besides manual tallying?), and it's a shame I can't just accept the final mission of these because the back&forth menuing for these to refresh the contents is killing me inside. Been capping out sparks repeatedly and blowing those on skillup books since there's nothing else of interest that I can see from the npc. Just hope this all makes capacity grinding more up to speed with my merits after I finish the other RoE stuff, which is mainly the reive grinding which won't take long. Also looks like I can burn sparks on a certain shield to sell for gil once I cap on skills.

Last boss if Adoulin can heck off though. Was doing fine for 10min until he suddenly one-shotted my tank trust, which was fine, but then he weakened everyone and murdered me right after.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Acheron Shield is what you want to buy to convert sparks to gil. And prize powder for Unity points or if you like to gamble the gobbie keys.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As of the June 2020 Update[1], Sparks of Eminence and Unity Accolades now have a maximum weekly exchange limit of 100,000 points each.
    I chose a shitty time to come back. I'm guessing this is strictly to curb the gil inflation into the economy (as if the chocobo blinkers or infinite-gil chest exploit before that weren't bad enough prior). Capped on sparks again and was going to buy some of those Rem's tales to upgrade relevant-looking BLU AF to i119, but already reached the weekly limit.

Is there a list of must-have Trusts kicking about? Most of the stuff I Google'd was from years ago, no idea how much of it is relevant today given the list keeps growing.

I got the Ark Angel collection today, which I immediately replaced Valaineral with AAEV since she's been far better at keeping hate and not taking damage. Selh'teus feels mandatory for free mp for the Trusts. Kupipi on heals, Joachim for songs, Arciela II for damage/debuffs.

Been seeing a lot of folks with Qultada but I don't know if it's for his buffs in general or just for +XP roll when you have an XP ring up. For XP grinding I swap out my tank for Zeid II since he's always ready to close my SCs for decent damage, and Selh'teus swapped for Kupofried. Annoyingly I'm two Trusts short of the minimum for the quest to boost their iLvl. Need to see if any others were added via quests since I last played.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Qultada is generally one of the best buffers, although you frequently end up with only one useful roll (Chaos).

With a permanent GEO mule, the trusts I use at the moment are:
    August - Tank. Very durable with wings up.
    AAEV - If I want a second tank
    Qultada - Buffer when I don't mind TP feed and skillchain breaking (and uses Light Shot on Dia II). He will die to AoEs against anything high level.
    Arciela - Haste II even if you have Haste 1 on (only Arciela, not Arciela II)
    KingOfHearts - Dia III has high priority
    Apururu (UC) - I've never tried Yoran-Oran, but she's good (although she over-cures).
    Ygnas - Synergy with Arciela gives him a ton of refresh (+ aura) and his AI is the most MP efficient healer. In practice I use him if I want a second healer. The questline to get him is long.
    Ulmia - Can be combined with Arciela to cap haste most of the time. She also doesn't feed TP / WS.

To give an example of how they are used, if I am doing Gin as RUN in Omen I will do:
    * August, Arciela, Qultada, Apururu (UC) for trash monsters. August helps stabilize the one monster I'm engaged to so I can target it easier for Shockwave
    * At the midboss, I will replace Qultada with KingOfHearts for the Impalement boss (hate reset). For the other two, I will replace August with KingOfHearts.
    * After the midboss, I swap back to the original setup for trash.
    * At Gin, I switch to Arciela, KingOfHearts, Ygnas, and Apururu (UC). I try to time it so I have ~5 minutes of COR rolls left when I swap out Qultada.

For Odyssey, I basically just do August/Arciela/Qultada/Apururu (UC) for everything. I might swap Qultada for Ygnas on pop NMs depending what the remaining duration on COR rolls is and whether I expect AoE damage.

For VE Maiden of Dusk on THF without GEO, I was using August, AAEV, Ygnas, Apururu (UC) and KingOfHearts. It was super safe.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is there a farming strategy for capes from reives? I'm just camping a lair reive atm

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

hopefully you knew that you can trade 3 for 1 if you are just hunting for a single one

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    hopefully you knew that you can trade 3 for 1 if you are just hunting for a single one
    Hmm...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't even realize there was another set of JSE capes (had a few piled on from the earlier SoA zones doing RoE objectives for +CP%), so that helps me out.

And thanks Byrth, I adjusted my line-up a little with those notes in mind. Also finally cleared Rhapsody's final fight. Aggravating as shit fight with Trusts due to the boss cleave-stunning everything in its path. Guess this means I can actually do the new story content too. I take it GEO is still an unbalanced/broken support class as it was early Adoulin with both how potent its debuff luopans are, and also how they stack with everything else?

Still trying to wrap my head around the mess that is all these upgrade items needed for shit. Think I'm good just dipping my toes in all of the current available content now that I *think* I can access everything now w/ Rhapsody cleared. My inventory is a damn mess though, trying to clear out my Storage container and make it strictly for upgrade items so I don't lose track of things because there's so many.

Say, Reisenjima. Any more convenient way to get there? I got a Cumulus Masque+1 every 20hrs, three Crag rings, and the option to home-point warp there via Ruh'met. Surely there's a more direct way to get there by now that they added?

Also did they remove languages appearing from /search? I could have swore it used to show which languages you had flagged so you knew whether or not to prod someone using auto-translate.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I just use this to get to Reisenjima: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Dim._Ring_(Dem)

GEO is probably weaker than it was when you last played because they started adding Geomancy resistance (which just cuts the potency of geomancy debuffs) to monsters. They also reworked MAcc/MEva at some point in the last few years, and I think on net Vex/Attunement are less potent than they were. That said, if you're going to only play with one mule and you're not going to fully automate that mule, the job cannot be beaten. It is half because it takes so little effort to play (cast geomancy once every 5 minutes gets you 90% of the benefit) and half because it takes so little effort to gear (grab Dunna, cap geomancy/handbell skill, ??? profit ???). I did recently make Idris for my mule though and I have no regrets.

Without a GEO mule, in most situations I'd probably just being using Ulmia to cap haste (Arciela is 30%, so I'm not there yet). In comparison, a GEO mule gets me capped haste and potentially 2 more geomancy (Fury/Frailty) on top of it. It probably doubles my damage.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag