Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I've never actually tired doing it but can you get good cp dual boxing apex mobs with a healer? My war meets the accuracy requirements with ag ragnarok.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Didn't know about the Bst nerf. That's some bullshit. Makes me borderline completely uninterested in playing the job. BLU it is.
    Wasn't a nerf, all power stayed the same, only ability length was made 10's.

Compared to SMN which gets away with worse by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    So I've never actually tired doing it but can you get good cp dual boxing apex mobs with a healer? My war meets the accuracy requirements with ag ragnarok.
    Make or join a party.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Depends on which "apex" mobs, (there's actually a significant level range among mobs w/ the "Apex" prefix,) and whether or not that whm can sc w/ you. XD No MB'er means it's not going to be nearly as fast as a traditional CP group, so "good cp" depends on what your expectations are.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Some people aren't fond of players that are literally helpless outside of gearing up a job to go beat something with a broken 1H ability or Mewing Lullaby, go reset their 1Hs then fight the next thing. Then these same players turn around and shout to merc this content for others. Pretty much cuts a good chunk of the population out from the process because who wouldn't want to just solve their troubles the easy way. It isn't a big deal as that is how people are, but not everyone loves watching players just look for handouts as they wander through a virtual life of voluntary confusion and uselessness.

Nothing quite like seeing "Ambuscade do you need it, Nirvana SMNs can I have it", "Reisenjima HELMs do you need it Nirvana SMNs can I have it?", or "Linkshell looking for members, Nirvana SMN" all at the same time for every shout because SMN came far enough that you can just easy mode most of the game by spamming a macro after buying gear, an increasingly lower cost mythic, AFKing in Omen, etc.
    Too bad the Orc NM in divergence isn't more important or people would be losing their shit since successive bloodpacts get a damage nerf.

BST got the distance they can use Ready at nerfed for less than what conduit has become.

SMN has shitty DPS outside of Conduit, so it adds insult to injury that the class sucks by comparison when it isn't being used for a 1H ability for ridiculous levels of instant DPS.
    They should fix the job rather than once again being wanted for Alexander 2.0 or TP resetting. Many of the useful wards are the same potency as when they were 75 or other early times. No one wants a 13 damage phalanx, a +1 ~ 25 boost to accuracy, or +3~7 to a stat, -25 evasion that doesn't land, etc at the expense of a party slot that needs different pet buffs from a COR, that shit is a joke. Atomos is more useful for dispeling than actually being worth calling.

It is just a shit show that the only thing SMN has ever been wanted for isn't a DD buffer that can SC or magic burst with a bonus of passive buffs that is in less danger than the front line jobs. Instead it is a job that is only worth something to bypass mechanics. Have you ever watched some of these same SMNs outside of conduits? Losing to T1s in Reisenjima miserably or just taking forever in general to do something? It is laughable that one of the worst jobs remains one of the most broken.
    You don't need conduit to solo any escha NMs, all the Zi'tah ones can be pretty much one-shot with Flaming Crush for 99,999 damage, same with the t1 Ru'aun and so forth. The only thing it would be *NEEDED* for is t3 Reisenjima. Unless of course the SMN sucks but that can be said about any job, a BLU could just as easily fail on a t1 Zi'tah NM. A competent SMN doesn't have "shitty DPS outside of conduit" lol. You're painting a pretty negative picture of SMN from what seems like personal issues

I suggest you move out of Asura, or get help

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's a fact that SMN has crappy DPS outside of conduit. 99,999 sounds good, but it's incredibly slow compared to melee WSs and avatars have negligible white damage to boot.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeaaah, it’s nice that SMN can provided controlled burst damage for a handful of fights(Ambuscade comes to mind), but in any melee friendly scenario they’re pretty bad by comparison.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Maaaybe if you were doing like SMN/SAM self SCing as a solo DD in your party for some reason you could keep up with DW jobs? Idk I imagine a really good Nirvana Garland setup with malaise for you and frailty for your avatar could do solid DPS

Old Merits
    BG Level

Finally got Ragnarok. Working on my trials, and it looks like I have a choice of getting afterglow or now. Is it worth it? 250 of the thingys from ADL seems like it would take forever to get.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Never do that; go to Oboro instead for the next step.

Old Merits
    BG Level

At what point do I take the weapon to Oboro? When it gets to 99?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yep

Old Merits
    BG Level

Cool beans, thanks for help.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    It's a fact that SMN has crappy DPS outside of conduit. 99,999 sounds good, but it's incredibly slow compared to melee WSs and avatars have negligible white damage to boot.
    Yeah it's so slow when the NM pops and it's already dead from 2 apogee bloodpacts before the melees get a single point of TP. This applies to 99% of the games current's content, nothing lives long enough for melee DPS to catch up to ridiculous burst damage every 21 seconds (less after you take into account apogee or super revitalizers) plus the ability to do physical and magic damage and magic burst if need be, and this is all without conduit. If SMN's damage sucked so much, 30 seconds of sucky damage spam wouldn't be considered so broken with cries for nerfs would it? You can't have it both ways. The job is still strong outside of conduit and very viable for soloing/lowman

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    Yeah it's so slow when the NM pops and it's already dead from 2 apogee bloodpacts before the melees get a single point of TP. This applies to 99% of the games current's content, nothing lives long enough for melee DPS to catch up to ridiculous burst damage every 21 seconds (less after you take into account apogee or super revitalizers) plus the ability to do physical and magic damage and magic burst if need be, and this is all without conduit. If SMN's damage sucked so much, 30 seconds of sucky damage spam wouldn't be considered so broken with cries for nerfs would it? You can't have it both ways. The job is still strong outside of conduit and very viable for soloing/lowman
    Minimal durability mobs like those aren't even relevant discussion points, and there's a good reason that no-one invites SMNs to damage slots outside of Conduit or very few exceptions (which are generally for safety's sake, not because of it being better DPS). You being able to do a good amount of damage when frontloaded is exactly the reason Conduit is overpowered, and non-ACing SMNs drop off after Apogee like a sack of bricks.

Yes, I can have it both ways, because it is. SMN's damage sucks outside of Conduit, where it's ridiculously overpowered. Conduit literally increases your blood pact rate by about TEN TIMES, which is plenty to turn a sub-par damager to completely overpowered.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Ridiculous burst damage every 21 seconds? Even the melee DD jobs nobody wants around can do 99k+ damage in that window. Nevermind the two-hander holy trinity

When you want to burst something down with 1-2 other SMNs and a GEO(every hour or JA reset) or need to kill something slowly without giving it TP, SMN is incredible. Otherwise it doesn't compete

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    You don't need conduit to solo any escha NMs, all the Zi'tah ones can be pretty much one-shot with Flaming Crush for 99,999 damage, same with the t1 Ru'aun and so forth. The only thing it would be *NEEDED* for is t3 Reisenjima. Unless of course the SMN sucks but that can be said about any job, a BLU could just as easily fail on a t1 Zi'tah NM. A competent SMN doesn't have "shitty DPS outside of conduit" lol. You're painting a pretty negative picture of SMN from what seems like personal issues

I suggest you move out of Asura, or get help
    No one said anything about needing conduit to solo or even soloing at all. At least not in my post you quoted.

I painted a negative picture of the job because that is the picture when you strip away the broken facet of it.

The next best argument someone comes up with is "yeah, well, we can do the same without conduit, revits and cor!11" *W..h..e~e..w..*

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Never do that; go to Oboro instead for the next step.
    oh shit really? i didnt know that..i could get my yoichi maxed out quick then!

Also, just got an aegis today finally.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I read somewhere i can change my armadaberk back to a -1 via synergy. Did i make that up? I can’t seem to find info anywhwre.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Ridiculous burst damage every 21 seconds? Even the melee DD jobs nobody wants around can do 99k+ damage in that window. Nevermind the two-hander holy trinity

When you want to burst something down with 1-2 other SMNs and a GEO(every hour or JA reset) or need to kill something slowly without giving it TP, SMN is incredible. Otherwise it doesn't compete
    I'd love to meet these magical squishy walls you fight that take 99,999 damage every 21 seconds from a MNK. Even with 2 CORs 2 BRDs and 2 GEOs personally for the single MNK against a wall that never attacks or delays their DPS in anyway through status effects/damage that's not going to happen, and this conversation started about solo/lowman friendly jobs to get stuff done, and SMN needs very little/no support to do good damage to almost anything a returning player is going to want to do without relying on 50 people to DD zerg a bunny. You must be meeting really terrible SMN because I've outparsed every DD I've been in a a party/alliance with, even when I'm the sole SMN and they're getting more buffs than me. Yes even on Reiseinjima T4s and Omen Bosses (what other mysterious content is relevant that I'm not aware of?) I bet you're from Asura too, they must be giving SMN a bad name over there

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I read somewhere i can change my armadaberk back to a -1 via synergy. Did i make that up? I can’t seem to find info anywhwre.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Synergy/Recipes/Apprentice

Remove all augments via synergy.

Trade marrow/appropriate abjuration/armor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag