BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    What's the best place to burn through trial weapon weaponskill latents? I know Ayame is a good trust to use, just not sure what's best to go wail on.
    I usually went outside Adoulin and beat on Urganites on the beach. If you tune down your gear and use Ayame/healer/moogle/sakura/bard they shouldn't be an issue when it comes to poison and they don't die in a single sc, lol.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How do I get back online to FFXI with a new account? Looking to kill some quarantime and just run around Sarutabaruta and Ronfaure and such. Square Enix wants me to have a code from Playonline and I couldn't figure out how to get this from Playonline.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

You have to buy the game. The game download is free, but you still need to purchase a full copy of the game to get the registration code.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

So Lustra scales seem to be dropping in price which is expected. I'm wondering if there is any absolute must have augmented gear to be had right now or if I should sell what I've farmed. I've been trying to read thru ah.com's odyssey thread but trying to find info in that turd is getting bad.

edit: Should have mentioned, I can see why players with REMAs, all hq gear, etc would go ahead and augment gear. I should mention I do not have one REMA (no LS so no Aeonic) and can't say I have every single HQ item or even a JSE neck let alone it being augmented.

BG Level

The posts with all the augments were in the update thread, not the Odyssey one. There's also this:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Unity_Rewards

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    The posts with all the augments were in the update thread, not the Odyssey one. There's also this:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Unity_Rewards
    Thanks! Lugra earring, Macabre gauntlets, Gelatinous ring, Sailfi belt, those look interesting. I'll probably just hoard scales for now then and gradually do gear.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I still haven't even entered Odyssey. Just not sure how best to take advantage as a solo player. Should I just go in on THF and try to open chests?

I have the same question about Omen, really. The only job I really have geared right now is PLD. I'm working on RDM a bit now as well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I still haven't even entered Odyssey. Just not sure how best to take advantage as a solo player. Should I just go in on THF and try to open chests?

I have the same question about Omen, really. The only job I really have geared right now is PLD. I'm working on RDM a bit now as well.
    I've been doing just that with Thief in Odyssey. Making my own living keys and doing chests. Tried a popped NM yesterday but had some bad luck and died at 1%. I've been getting anywhere from 60-110 or so scales per run. Obviously luck is a big factor because of getting a box of scales and then how many scales from said box.

Omen without a group to farm cards, I just don't know. If it's during a campaign then sure. I got all of my thief, blue, and some red cards when I was in a LS. I'll know soon enough how solo is for Ninja and maybe Samurai.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm a returning player who quit before any ilvl stuff or trusts was added, I'm looking to get my SAM to as much ilvl119 strength as possible without too much time investment. It looks like the easiest way to do this is via reforged artifact/relic/empyrean +1 equipment since you can get all the needed Rem's Tales by doing an Ambuscade. It looks like +2 will require too much gil and/or time investment to farm up the paragon SAM cards so likely can only go as far as +1. So the question is which pieces should I +1, it looks like artifact hands and empyrean legs are good choices since they enhance hasso, but for the remaining three I'm not sure. I have level 95 Amanomurakumo, I'll probably get a low grade i117-119 great katana to help me work on upgrading the Amano to i119, not sure if I'll be able to get it to i119 III since may not be able to collect 10,000 plutons so may have to stay at i119 I.

Are there other good options for relatively easy i119 gear? I've seen what looks to be reforged salvage/nyzul isle/limbus gear, not sure how easy that would be and if it's worth picking any of those up for SAM.

My last big question is Trusts, which ones should I shoot for? Again, don't have too much time so looking for relatively easy ones that all work nicely together. Any other general tips for a returning player are appreciated.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I sorted out PlayOnline info and I now need to resolve FFXI installation issues. I can successfully install Playonline and open POL, but I cannot successfully install FFXI. I currently get an error message returning a Windows Installer issue. I have Windows 10. I have tried rebooting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling 300x approximately, right clicking 'run as administrator' but this seems to be even more problematic than my last venture into vanadiel several years ago on Windows 7.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? I am using the 5 files for US installation straight off the FFXI website. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...stall_win.html

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zirk View Post
    I'm a returning player who quit before any ilvl stuff or trusts was added, I'm looking to get my SAM to as much ilvl119 strength as possible without too much time investment. <snip>
    The EASIEST way is to buy entry level 119 gear from Vesca using bayld. This walkthrough
    starting at "Skirmisher: Rala Waterways" is pretty fast/easy as well.

I can't help trust as I'm still figuring it out.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    So I sorted out PlayOnline info and I now need to resolve FFXI installation issues. I can successfully install Playonline and open POL, but I cannot successfully install FFXI. I currently get an error message returning a Windows Installer issue. I have Windows 10. I have tried rebooting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling 300x approximately, right clicking 'run as administrator' but this seems to be even more problematic than my last venture into vanadiel several years ago on Windows 7.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? I am using the 5 files for US installation straight off the FFXI website. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...stall_win.html
    I know they changed the installer recently, but that was after I had already reinstalled.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Trusts:
    Unity allows you to get some great trusts: Apururu is a fantastic healer, people also like Yoran Oran I think but I never used him, Sylvie is a GEO that not only heals but will buff you immensely.
    As soon as there's an event or something that allows you to get Shantotto II, she's an OP DPS.
    Try to complete Rhapsodies asap, other than the bonuses from key items, Iroha II is also pretty useful.
    Zeus II is another great DPS.
    You'd want one of the bards: Joachim or Ulmia.
    Tanks: grab Amchuchu when possible, AA EV is nice too, I know people like using Gesscho but I never really tried.
    Support: Koru Moru is a RoE objective I think and he's very good. Grab King of Hearts and Qualtada when possible.
    Semih Lafihna is a good DPS for leveling, loses her usefulness at 99 a little, but you need to watch out for her aoe WS when using her.
    Ayame (normal, not Unity) - might not be useful for a SAM, but if you ever need to unlock some latent weapons she's a must - will open the highest possible SC for you after seeing you use a WS.
    Selh'teus can be useful due to his aoe heal ability.
    Shikaree Z is a decent combo of DPS/support.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello, im a returning old school player (2002-2006)!

My old toon name is Liquido, was originally from Fenrir then transferred to Hades then sold my character before i quit in 2006. I was in a linkshell called AscendantSky and looking for my old peeps who are still playing.

Gimme a shout if you know me, im restarting in Asura for now!

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I know they changed the installer recently, but that was after I had already reinstalled.
    Do you know somewhere where I can get the old installer? I believe it used to be three files as opposed to five. It may still work??

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Suppose you have an augmented piece of i119 gear, such as Ichigohitofuri, can you still delivery box it to another character on the same POL account after it has been augmented? I know you would be able to send it before augmentation, but I'm not sure about afterwards because craftable items that you could augment were not sendable to other accounts.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm having trouble with SoA 4-6, the Balamoor fight with the 3 dullahan mobs. I'm on rdm, I can't cure enough to keep my trusts alive even with a whm trust. The AOE from Balamoor's attacks is murdering me. I'm fine till I run out of MP. Any suggestions?

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I'm having trouble with SoA 4-6, the Balamoor fight with the 3 dullahan mobs. I'm on rdm, I can't cure enough to keep my trusts alive even with a whm trust. The AOE from Balamoor's attacks is murdering me. I'm fine till I run out of MP. Any suggestions?
    Do you have anyone to help you out? If you're on Asura I can help np

Outside of that, i don't really remember the fight being too much of a pita

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zirk View Post
    Suppose you have an augmented piece of i119 gear, such as Ichigohitofuri, can you still delivery box it to another character on the same POL account after it has been augmented? I know you would be able to send it before augmentation, but I'm not sure about afterwards because craftable items that you could augment were not sendable to other accounts.
    Yes. As of a couple months ago, Escha/Reisenjima equipment can be sent even if augmented.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by bechyni View Post
    Do you have anyone to help you out? If you're on Asura I can help np

Outside of that, i don't really remember the fight being too much of a pita
    I'm in this "welcome back" linkshell and they have some pretty decent players, but I'd love some help. And yeah I'm on Asura. Lamiatrucido.

edit: someone else was farming KI and we got clear together, thanks for offering to help though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag