Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes you can transfer only your main if you wish, there shouldn't be any problem transferring back, just need to wait for the transfer cooldown, no need for any gold passes. Anything in your delivery box and probably auction house will be lost, so make sure that's cleared out. It doesn't cost you any extra money to also transfer all of your mules in the same transfer, so you may consider transferring them over just in case you make some good friends on your new server and decide to stay there.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Awesome, thanks for the help! I've actually already met some really solid players on Asura so I'll definitely be transferring back once I'm done farming. Plus I really like that there are lots of PUGs for content on Asura. Does anyone have any low population server recommendations? If not I guess I'll just go by the number of active players listed on FFXIAH which lists Cerberus as the least populated server.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Most servers are lowly populated, so Cerberus is probably as good a bet as any.

How does the SAM Store TP gift work, at master is it just total Store TP from traits/merits/gear x 1.08?

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Updated and decided to start a fresh character. Might go back and forth between this one and my old toon but we'll see. BG leveling wiki suggested rhapsodies quests will get me useful key items for leveling. Doing the first quest and these honey combs feel like they have a negative 50% drop rate. Feels like I could just be doing other things during this time to get exp faster but I only need three.....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The sooner you get that out of the way the better, these are rather essential.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Updated and decided to start a fresh character. Might go back and forth between this one and my old toon but we'll see. BG leveling wiki suggested rhapsodies quests will get me useful key items for leveling. Doing the first quest and these honey combs feel like they have a negative 50% drop rate. Feels like I could just be doing other things during this time to get exp faster but I only need three.....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Nice that some things about FFXI didn't change one bit huh?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the Omen "complete X magic bursts" bonus objective, can your bard complete that by magic bursting with elegy and dia? Can someone sub nin and use the Ni tier elemental ninjitsu spells? For "cast x spells" do things like slow/elegy/dia/ninjitsu count, or it must be classic elemental magic?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The only one I'm not sure of is elegy, the rest should work.

We usually skip that one because its dumb. 18 MB's lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I think bursts may simply require damage. We tend to make a Fusion chain and have everyone that can burst Dia. Since they can usually get 2-3 of those in the burst window, a coordinated effort knocks that objective out fast. That I recall, things like Flash or Slow won't count.

The general X amount of spells objective, however, I think works with most everything. Certainly not just elemental magic. You can again just spam Dia if nothing else.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The general "use X number of spells" only counts things that actually land though. So you can spam Dia, but you can't spam Blind because "no effect" doesn't count as landing the spell.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Elegy does work, I've used that before when we had a BRD. It isn't too bad because each char can get off 3 spells.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks for the info, just been duoing with friend and trusts for card farm, leaving pocket bard out to keep objective numbers low and relying on Shantotto II for those casting objectives which is dicey if she has to MB 9 times (even 6 times sometimes since stuff dies so fast). Looks like can probably bring pocket bard and get rid of Jaochim cause I'm tired of getting paeon'd, and Qultada can replace Shantotto II.

Another random Omen question, but does anyone know if Kyou's Unfaltering Bravado hits outside of party? i.e. you could have someone drop party, summon 5 trusts, get on the hate list, and have the outside party of 6 help absorb damage.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess I should also ask, but if you were to have a 2boxed pocket character, what would be the best job to go for? At present was planning on Ghorn/Marsyas bard since those aren't too tough to acquire, I'm not sure how that compares to non-Idris GEO since I'm mostly unfamiliar with GEO, I just know GEO is really good too.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    It can now, yes, but the mules need to have a decent amount of RoV progress to augment it.
    So I started lvling my mules, just to give them Trove access after that recent Trove campaign (and more chances at free shit is always nice), and figured I'd work on RoV as well for the next Oseem campaign. To anyone thinking of doing this: this is not just a simple "get to RoV 3.1".

Unless I missed something, you need the following:
    Rank 3 (1.7)
    Rank 6 (1.12)
    Cop 3.2 (2.2)
    ToaU 12 (2.7)
    WotG 8 (2.14)

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    So I started lvling my mules, just to give them Trove access after that recent Trove campaign (and more chances at free shit is always nice), and figured I'd work on RoV as well for the next Oseem campaign. To anyone thinking of doing this: this is not just a simple "get to RoV 3.1".

Unless I missed something, you need the following:
    Rank 3 (1.7)
    Rank 6 (1.12)
    Cop 3.2 (2.2)
    ToaU 12 (2.7)
    WotG 8 (2.14)
    Copied from BG Wiki:
    Eligibility Requirements
    Be of a main job level of 99.
    Character for whom at least 45 days have passed since creation.

My mule didn't have Aht Urghan or Wings missions past first few chapters and has no problem doing trove.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Provided I'm able to enter Delve, what kind of gear would I need to be able to solo through Yorcia with some trusts? Trying to find some new gil streams, but the two other characters I have access to don't have much in terms of gear yet. I'd be trying on BLU or RDM.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think NynJa is referencing Reisenjima access for Dark matter campaign. As for Delve, a blu with decent 119 gear such as herculean, nq adhemar/amalric, tanmoyagi/kaja sword/colada to cleave and cdc spam for light skillchains for a geo that can nuke would be my recommendation. The third job can be whatever. Even with max gear, having a job magic bursting really helps with the zone.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    Copied from BG Wiki:
    Eligibility Requirements
    Be of a main job level of 99.
    Character for whom at least 45 days have passed since creation.

My mule didn't have Aht Urghan or Wings missions past first few chapters and has no problem doing trove.
    I'm aware of the requirements for trove.

The mission requirements are to get a mule to RoV 3.1 for Dark Matter campaign.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Hi all - looking to get back into the game, played from NA release to 2015 or so. Is Windower still around? What's a good way to get reacclimated? Thanks for any advice!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Windower is stilla thing yeah.
    Here are two good places to look in when returning/starting anew:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel