Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

I don't think anyone ever cared enough to actually answer that question lol. It's likely either a mistranslation "subtle blow" or a chance to give 0tp, neither of which would've mattered even a little bit in VW content.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah guess we'll never know. Not that it matters, even supposing it's a new stat and not a bad translation (which I find more likely) that's the only instance where it appears I think, so w/e.

Btw 120 kills, 4 pouches.
    First came within the first 27 fights (when I used Rubicund Cells)
    The other 3 came in the remaining fights.

Is this in line with the average drop rate, I guess so? Granted I reckon 120 is quite a small sample.

Old Merits
    BG Level

It's Subtle Blow, just a typo in the English translation.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Knowing how the VW lights work now (i.e. literally the only thing you care about is red) , the event is convenience only so you are only dropping 1 red cell vs 3 or 4 or w/e, the pressure is off. Can kill at leisure.

Drop rate is doodoo but I had expected to be forced to zerg this down during the event timeframes. Doesnt seem to be the case.

BG Level

Can't even use more than 1 cell of each type per pop anyway. Used to be that you could use 3, but they tripled the value (and cost? I'm not sure, not that it matters) of each.

Ya know, in all seriousness, you make more money loading up blue and selling the NPCables than you earn fuckin HMP from sky mobs.
    Drop rate and hmp per pouch is straight ass.

BG Level

Oh, I didnt know they upped the cell value. Haven't done VW since it came out. Thank you!

And yeah I had added a blue to cap out and get more shit to sell, to cover the cost of the phase displacers.

No, I dont *need* them but it makes the fights 3 seconds vs 15-30.

Campaign
    BG Level

The necessity of Displacers depends a lot on what you're fighting and on which job.
    On some Mobs Displacers make QUITE the difference, on some others they seem kinda useless. Like Aello to name one dies in 2-3 WS max without Displacers, why even bother?

BG Level

It's a time saver/safety net. None of my jobs are mastered and I'm barely out of skirmish gear.

Getting there, though.

Campaign
    BG Level

Oooh, makes sense then. I would use displacers as well if I were in that situation.

BG Level

I was farming Aelllo, ran out of displacers and said fuck it. How hard can it be? I wont say she nearly killed.me but she did poke me hard in the eye and I didnt like it.

Campaign
    BG Level

I Can tell you I was on BRD, I was using Honor March, Victory March, Minuet x3? Or was it a mixture of Minuets and Etudes? I forgot sorry ;_;
    Also the following trusts:
    Zeid2
    Fablinix
    Qultada
    Yoran-Oran
    Something else I forgot (a DD that can stun probably).

Reason for Fablinix and Zeid is because they can stun, basically, and they do it quite efficiently, and they also pack some damage.
    Atmacites used were uh... a TP+500 one (Latitude?), Deluges (STP+15) and uhm... I don't know, I think it was the HP+10%/Attributes+15 one.

I was basically engaging, spamming Rudra with Aeneas MH. My Rudras were hitting for like uh... 40k+, those Darkness SCs were doing quite some damage as well. Aello was usually dead in 3 WS max, a bunch of seconds really.
    Before opening the chest I was using some temp items (Braver's, Monarch, something else) to be ready for next pop.
    Rinse & Repeat.

I'm JP capped, I have the level+1 quest done for trusts, I have pretty good gear (almost BiS) for my BRD and, dunno. Guess it's probably harder if you lack the right trusts, capped JPs, good gear, capped Atmacites, and so on.

BG Level

Well, I just found out you can have 3 atmacites up...yesterday lol. So that'll help I'm sure.

I'm generally on drk, and my gear's not bad, mix of RF AF+2, valorous, odyssean, have a capped DT set on hand, and an AG'd Apoc. Cata hitting for 10k, CR hitting 20k at 2k TP easy, done 36k once, so that was cool to see. Easy self darkness, or partner with AAGK/shantoto II.

But I'm on 220 or so job points, so dont have the rattri pieces to get silly with the WS damage yet, still missing some of the cool stuff like Utu grip (had an aborted run for that this weekend, healer's dog threw up and she left mid fight w/o telling anyone, hilarity ensued). Have ok augments, but nowhere near BiS.

It's a work in progress, and I feel like its progressing. Just 5 years of catching up to do.

BG Level

how difficult is sinister reign? i have a whole gang of shit i need from there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's not particularly hard but it's not really solo with trusts easy either. Especially with starting 119 gear. 3-4 players with trusts should have no problems other than acc if you're low on gifts or lacking gear for it. You can choose to fight 1 of the fighters now after you've done the previous waves to unlock them all but the drop rate on vouchers or w/e for any drops is abysmal so best to just hope you run into who you want in the normal fight.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hi all,

Been out of the game for a while. I'm curious... is level sync burns from 30-99 in Aby still a thing?

Yeah, I get that you can solo to 99 with trusts, but those burn parties back in the day were awesome.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by WyldFyre View Post
    Hi all,

Been out of the game for a while. I'm curious... is level sync burns from 30-99 in Aby still a thing?

Yeah, I get that you can solo to 99 with trusts, but those burn parties back in the day were awesome.
    No, aby leveling is over.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    No, aby leveling is over.

Due to mechanics or loss of popularity?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by WyldFyre View Post
    Due to mechanics or loss of popularity?
    Soloing with RoV KIs and trusts is faster

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Loss of popularity, then. Cool.

Considering I've taken several jobs from 1-99 in a day via Aby, they must have seriously tweaked soloing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag