BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This page is complete afaik but doesn't tell you the fastest way to get between specific points in the game:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Transportation

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Back after 6 years or so. What are the essential trusts I should pursue? Have 2 red pells to use. My mules all do too but you can't send trusts iirc?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

also, Crafting.... when I left cap was 120 skill, sub craft 60. Has that changed? There was also talk of removing the 1 main craft limit and making it so you could take every craft to 120, but it hadn't happened when I left. Any changes to synergy?

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by shaggnix View Post
    also, Crafting.... when I left cap was 120 skill, sub craft 60. Has that changed? There was also talk of removing the 1 main craft limit and making it so you could take every craft to 120, but it hadn't happened when I left. Any changes to synergy?
    110 cap, 70 subs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by shaggnix View Post
    Back after 6 years or so. What are the essential trusts I should pursue? Have 2 red pells to use. My mules all do too but you can't send trusts iirc?
    In the short term, glance at the ones in the current Trust campaign (in last month's announcements) and click the link there to find where to get them. They're only available for a few more days, and ultimately, you want to get your total trust count up.
    Qultada is still the only COR trust with rolls, Amchuchu the only RUN, couple RDMs in there (Koru you can get via ROE though), etc. So, there are at least a few of those you want period.

The same sort of logic would apply to the ones available via Login Points (and there are many this month). If you have nothing else pressing, may as well get as many as you can from there, as they don't always offer them.

That said...

For the most part, while they can be OP during XP, Trust damage isn't super awesome at level cap. So the key ones to get tend to be your various tanks/healers/support, and a few others based on utility.

From Login, Shantotto II is the big one to get. She spams T1 nukes with a huge damage increase on them, making her overpowered for XP (tends to maintain MP), and still occasionally useful at high level.

Other key ones to snag are the Special category ones on BGWiki. They aren't super powerful, but they're passive - don't take damage, don't interfere, and give you a bonus even if not engaging.

Uka is a defensive DNC, not one you'd necessarily use a lot, but actually has some utility in that role. Teodor also has very niche, odd utility - his auto-attacks are TP moves, which can be used to exploit mob AI (Selkit if nothing else). There are others (all Adoulin related) with a similar property though. Zeid and, to a lesser degree, Fablinix, will use Stun, which can also be useful.

If you need to pick and choose, you can always look through the Trust page on BG Wiki, as many have notes on the particular AI/etc if they've got a use.

For more generally available, the better healers are all either Unity leaders or large time investments - Ygnas from Adoulin completion (6+ months), Monberaux from Deeds, etc. Better tanks are progression (essentially) - AAEV and August from later trust quests (August potentially from Sinister Reign as well).

Also don't neglect to do the Trust quest in each city and collect the available trusts from each. You want to be able to unlock the AA trust quest from Jamal as several of those are actually very good. AAEV is, again, many people's go-to tank, but AAHM is a nice NIN tank, AATT will Sleepga, etc.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    In the short term, glance at the ones in the current Trust campaign (in last month's announcements) and click the link there to find where to get them. They're only available for a few more days, and ultimately, you want to get your total trust count up.
    Qultada is still the only COR trust with rolls, Amchuchu the only RUN, couple RDMs in there (Koru you can get via ROE though), etc. So, there are at least a few of those you want period.

The same sort of logic would apply to the ones available via Login Points (and there are many this month). If you have nothing else pressing, may as well get as many as you can from there, as they don't always offer them.

That said...

For the most part, while they can be OP during XP, Trust damage isn't super awesome at level cap. So the key ones to get tend to be your various tanks/healers/support, and a few others based on utility.

From Login, Shantotto II is the big one to get. She spams T1 nukes with a huge damage increase on them, making her overpowered for XP (tends to maintain MP), and still occasionally useful at high level.

Other key ones to snag are the Special category ones on BGWiki. They aren't super powerful, but they're passive - don't take damage, don't interfere, and give you a bonus even if not engaging.

Uka is a defensive DNC, not one you'd necessarily use a lot, but actually has some utility in that role. Teodor also has very niche, odd utility - his auto-attacks are TP moves, which can be used to exploit mob AI (Selkit if nothing else). There are others (all Adoulin related) with a similar property though. Zeid and, to a lesser degree, Fablinix, will use Stun, which can also be useful.

If you need to pick and choose, you can always look through the Trust page on BG Wiki, as many have notes on the particular AI/etc if they've got a use.

For more generally available, the better healers are all either Unity leaders or large time investments - Ygnas from Adoulin completion (6+ months), Monberaux from Deeds, etc. Better tanks are progression (essentially) - AAEV and August from later trust quests (August potentially from Sinister Reign as well).

Also don't neglect to do the Trust quest in each city and collect the available trusts from each. You want to be able to unlock the AA trust quest from Jamal as several of those are actually very good. AAEV is, again, many people's go-to tank, but AAHM is a nice NIN tank, AATT will Sleepga, etc.
    Don't forget Matsui-P! He's a great stunner and his damage is on par with Shantotto II.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

True! However, he's automatically added to your list, and will disappear in May. Worth using, but, no need to put effort into obtaining him.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Matsui-p does far (f~a~r) better damage than shantotto ii on anything you should use a DD trust on.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm trying to add registration codes to an account without all the expansions, how do I do that?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

wife has been on kicking around on an alt, gearing her BLU up so i got back on myself to help her. game is fun for what it is.

so i'm looking at my gear and stuff and while i got quite a bit done year before last when we were playing regularly and doing the new dynamis, i have to ask, how in the name of all that is unholy do you get enough money to upgrade an empyrean weapon? i have my lvl 85 almace, and the HMP are not that big of a deal, but the riftcinder, what in the fuck. at asura prices that's nearly 2 billion gil for the 3060 that you need. so unless you were part of the OG team with capped gil on multiple characters, how do you even start making a dent in this? i was figuring on a few hundred million, tops.

i am not complaining here, i understand i'm in king casual corner now and this is not a casual goal, but, jesus fuck lol.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    wife has been on kicking around on an alt, gearing her BLU up so i got back on myself to help her. game is fun for what it is.

so i'm looking at my gear and stuff and while i got quite a bit done year before last when we were playing regularly and doing the new dynamis, i have to ask, how in the name of all that is unholy do you get enough money to upgrade an empyrean weapon? i have my lvl 85 almace, and the HMP are not that big of a deal, but the riftcinder, what in the fuck. at asura prices that's nearly 2 billion gil for the 3060 that you need. so unless you were part of the OG team with capped gil on multiple characters, how do you even start making a dent in this? i was figuring on a few hundred million, tops.

i am not complaining here, i understand i'm in king casual corner now and this is not a casual goal, but, jesus fuck lol.
    You don't. You skip that trial and go to 119 I, then go to 119 III.

Edit: the trial you're talking about is only for afterglow, which you get with 119 III anyway. So like 200m or so is about right.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

well, i'm fucking retarded then. thanks. that part's sort of confusing to read.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    well, i'm fucking retarded then. thanks. that part's sort of confusing to read.
    LOL. No, you're not. I went through exact same thing when I started making REMAs. That's how I knew the answer.

I remember doing the math for all the stages and was like "whelp, no mules with capped gil so I guess I'll settle for a low lvl version."

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Matsui-p does far (f~a~r) better damage than shantotto ii on anything you should use a DD trust on.
    Shantoto II likes to break my skillchain while Matsui-p likes to initiate SC for me.

So Matsui-p wins all until May

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, he's programmed like Ayame to open the best SC for you after you use your ws for the first time.
    Shantotto on the other hand will just randomly close your ws or use them whenever like most dumb trusts.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I need to clear some Delve for monthly deeds, but Delve wasn't released before I quit and I haven't done it since coming back. How do I enter? Is there an easy one to do just to get the clear accomplishment?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Assuming it's the 2000 plasm monthly, you can buy delve beads off the AH and consume them for 500-2k pts. If you don't want to spend any gil, you can farm the rocks and pop the delve NMs in their respective zones outside of delve to get the 100% drop rate bead.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I moved to a new house and switched to a new router, then tried to log in for the first time in a while. It lets me log in just fine, but eventually I get a slow disconnect on one character at a time.

I know I used to know what causes these symptoms, but now I can't remember. Does anyone know?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The people I know that experience random disconnects seems to resolve them with VPNs. I'm not sure what the actual cause is though, it (un?)fortunately doesn't happen to me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm not really excited about the idea of paying for a VPN to solve my FFXI connection issue.

However, this thread seems to perfectly describe my problem.

I enabled connection check in the launcher as described above and made it past the hour mark without DCing (was DCing at 45 minutes from login almost on the dot before this).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag