FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Me and the BG spam ls seem to be having a good time on asura. I grew up on asura during the 75 era, but I think some of the others transferred from quetz or sylph.
    Who? I'm on the server and there is 400~ people on during NA primetime. All I see are Japanese and Gumdrops.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sylph is roughly the same too in the 400-600 primetime NA. JP and EU hours have more people though.

Then again some of them are just AFK vendors in port jeuno

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    No one wants to be on asura. Everyone is stuck on asura due to lack of real options.

Every single thing about asura sucks asshole. But if you want the possibility of buying goods or doing shouts. you have no real choice. You can pay for a smuggler to import at premium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    If the general misconceptions in XI were anymore abound, then it would be a flat earth convention.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Ragnarok is great as a quiet server with less dbags.

AH sucks though.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

we've met some really special folks on asura, also some cool ones. can't really complain.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Not sure why Asura gets the hate it does, I can make groups for whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it. I can buy whatever I need on the AH
    I haven't ran into any douchebags either. I can't imagine playing this game on a quieter server. You people have some weird understanding of how Asura actually is. Yeah theres the merc population, but if you have an issue with that. Make your own groups. Plenty of people want to do content. Who gives a shit if people sell clears or items. This isn't the 75 era. Nothing is prestigious anymore if it even was back then.

How in the fuck are you going to say you haven't ran into any douchebags. Do you play for 30 seconds at a time with yell filtered and never join pick-up.

The entirety of yell is douchebag.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Classic example of a rose by any other name.
    It doesn't matter which server you are on. The larger the population, the more bullshit you will have.

There is nothing special about Asura. It simply has the population to back this game, and is thus the best means to that end.
    This game used to have 2-3x the population on the servers than it does now. Just because it became more friendly to solo play doesn't mean this is suddenly a different game.

All the ridiculous characterization of the last great server on this game does is disenfranchise the new players it scares off. What do they know besides the parroted shit everyone else says? These are the ones who need that population to have a shot at finding help with the abstract shit they do as new players or simply just finding a friend. You almost never find people posting "Asura is full of trolls" or "Asura is xyz" or "I like quiet servers" actually providing much in the way of reason, insight, or frankly anything of value.

So stfu about Asura, stfu about douche bags online, and stop thinking a game populated with real people is some escape from reality. It isn't, this is how people really are, and so welcome to the internet.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Mildryan's right. You guys should just come to ragnarok.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    The Wyoming of FFXI servers.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Wyoming of FFXI servers.
    3rd in suicides?

Man, imagine if SE just linked all AHs, removed server transfer fees, put the migration process in-game so you could just go where-the-fuck-ever to do things, and had some sort of LFG board for specific events. Then this whole "best server" crap could DIAF while people would have a better chance of getting random shit done.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Can I has linkshell?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sylph ain't gonna bite ya

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Man, imagine if SE just linked all AHs, removed server transfer fees, put the migration process in-game so you could just go where-the-fuck-ever to do things, and had some sort of LFG board for specific events. Then this whole "best server" crap could DIAF while people would have a better chance of getting random shit done.
    That isn't how it works. Aside from the fact that you can't just add those things to the game. It doesn't stop the "best server crap", and it creates new problems. Like a constant ghosting and changing character names.

Case in point, link all the yells for servers together and see what happens.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Can I has linkshell?
    Ksan and I run with the same group. Leader has said you're welcome to tag along on our primary events (Omen Tue/Fri, Dyna-D Wed/Sat, all 9PM eastern give or take) if you want.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Any groups do things EARLIER than 9 est? Stuck on Odin and seems every group is 9 or 10 pm, pain in the fucking ass.

May be willing to hop >:

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    Ksan and I run with the same group. Leader has said you're welcome to tag along on our primary events (Omen Tue/Fri, Dyna-D Wed/Sat, all 9PM eastern give or take) if you want.
    That'd be great. My schedule is wonky but if I'm around at the right times I'd love to tag along. I'll keep an eye out. The later eastern times will probably help me out in that regard.

That isn't how it works. Aside from the fact that you can't just add those things to the game. It doesn't stop the "best server crap", and it creates new problems. Like a constant ghosting and changing character names.

Case in point, link all the yells for servers together and see what happens.
    Not saying to link the yells, but can be a problem sufficiently solved by appending @server to a person's name for where they're currently at. If the concern is more for the oldschool fear of people just up and running off with a LS bank or whatever, the correct response is to not do that shit at all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag