Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

If it’s the same thorny from remora, glad to know he hasn’t changed one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

omg //config FrameRateDivisor 1 awesome

edit an hour later: holy hell it's like playing a different game

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    TLDR I got banned from Ashita's discord because Thorny says I'm a retard for having trouble with a .xml. And no bullshit that is the first time I've ever been banned online from anything, ever!

So uh, yeah. Just had a great experience with Thorny/Lolwutt on Ashita's discord. I was having trouble trying to figure out day/night swaps with an xml so I asked for some help. Someone suggested a line but it wasn't working for me. So thorny jumps in and says it should work, but it's not parsing for me. He suggests there is something else in the xml screwing it up, so I delete everything except the rule/command/whatever I'm having issues with. I upload it and he gets mad saying I'm "withholding information" and it's working fine, but it's still not for me. I try to explain that I'm just trying to understand. I get a "Look retard" and some other stuff. My only reply was "wow OK. Have a nice day" or something like that and he kicked me. Guy has some anger issues.

Guess I'll finally try .lua with windower and go from there.
    I mean, Ashita discord is public and anyone can see what actually happened there.

You spent a day trying to get your rule working, Towbes(not me) first suggested that something else in your xml is likely overwriting it as the rule seems correct.

I pointed out a small inaccuracy, but also confirmed that it wasn't the cause of your problems and your code was correct. I also posted code that could be used to diagnose the issue if it were actually an issue with AC.

You claimed the xml failed to parse, I said 'send the whole xml'. You sent me a tiny part of it, I said it's obviously not your XML but still attempted to load and verify that it loaded and worked(it did). Exact quote:

11:18 AM] Thorny: no
    [11:18 AM] Thorny: send the whole xml
    [11:20 AM] Kalmado:
    Attachment file type: webcode
    Kalmado_NIN.xml
    6.47 KB
    [11:20 AM] Thorny: thats obviously not your whole xml but
    [11:21 AM] Thorny: i'll see if it loads for me
    [11:22 AM] Kalmado: I have a second copy saved, the one I've been working off of. I'm sure you'd find it an absolute mess with all of my cmd input lines and what not.
    [11:22 AM] Thorny: also your first rule makes no sense
    [11:22 AM] Thorny: the point is to look at it as is to find what's screwing your shit up
    [11:22 AM] Thorny: not to criticize your almost certainly crappy xml
    [11:23 AM] Thorny: when you give me a clipping that's got nothing to it and it works, what do i do next?
    [11:23 AM] Kalmado: it doesn't work for me tho. it doesn't parse. so I don't understand.
    [11:23 AM] Thorny: i loaded the exact file as is and it parsed fine
    I asked you what ashita version you were on to continue to try to help. You were on latest ashita, so I responded with:
    [11:25 AM] Thorny: if you want help, you need to stop withholding information and send me the actual xml
    [11:25 AM] Thorny: otherwise i'm done wasting my time on it
    [11:26 AM] Kalmado: wow ok. I'm not "withholding" anything. I deleted everything from the xml to make sure nothing else was getting in the way.
    [11:27 AM] Thorny: great, then you have no problems and it works
    [11:27 AM] Thorny: we're done here
    [11:28 AM] Kalmado: it doesn't work but OK. You act as if I'm like, deliberately trying to waste your time. I was just looking for some help. Jesus man.
    [11:28 AM] Thorny: look, retard
    [11:28 AM] Thorny: i asked for your xml
    [11:28 AM] Thorny: you sent me a stub that has 2 lines that work
    [11:28 AM] Thorny: i can't identify a problem that isn't in the part you sent
    [11:28 AM] Thorny: if you're loading the wrong file, that's on you
    [11:28 AM] Kalmado: wow retard. OK good stuff. Have a nice day.
    At that point, I banned you. I stand by that, I cannot find a problem in your xml if you're only sending me a small part of it that doesn't contain the actual problem. I was spending my time helping you, not looking to persecute you, but when you're unwilling to share the data needed to solve your problem it's a waste of everyone's time. The part you actually sent was correct and worked fine, but it was only 2 lines and quite clearly not your actual XML being used.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Entire part I was present for:

Spoiler: show
    [8:38 AM] towbes: so if the <if e_time=">17.01|<6.59"><equip><feet>Hachiya Kyahan</feet></equip></if> isn't working, maybe there's some other part of the XML causing the issue?
    [10:47 AM] Thorny: i mean, if you want it to technically match it should be:
    <if e_time=">16.59|<7.00">
    [10:47 AM] Thorny: but the syntax is right
    [10:47 AM] Thorny: so i'm with towbes, it's probably getting overwritten later
    [10:49 AM] Thorny: can also test it's working right on your specific install with:
    <if e_time=">16.59|<7.00"><addtochat>Night: %e_time</addtochat></if>
    <else><addtochat>Day: %e_time</addtochat></else>
    [11:08 AM] Kalmado: If I use < after 16.59| then the xml fails to parse.
    [11:08 AM] Kalmado: If I don't, then the swap works from 16.59 until 0.00.
    [11:16 AM] Kalmado: I've removed everything from the xml except <sets>all gear swaps</set>. The only thing else in the xml is the <if e_time= lines and the xml won't parse. I don't understand how anything else would be affecting the e_time line.
    [11:17 AM] Kalmado: Would the xml version at the very top of the xml or the encoding= line have a chance of causing an issue?
    [11:18 AM] Thorny: no
    [11:18 AM] Thorny: send the whole xml
    [11:20 AM] Kalmado:
    Attachment file type: webcode
    Kalmado_NIN.xml
    6.47 KB
    [11:20 AM] Thorny: thats obviously not your whole xml but
    [11:21 AM] Thorny: i'll see if it loads for me
    [11:22 AM] Kalmado: I have a second copy saved, the one I've been working off of. I'm sure you'd find it an absolute mess with all of my cmd input lines and what not.
    [11:22 AM] Thorny: also your first rule makes no sense
    [11:22 AM] Thorny: the point is to look at it as is to find what's screwing your shit up
    [11:22 AM] Thorny: not to criticize your almost certainly crappy xml
    [11:23 AM] Thorny: when you give me a clipping that's got nothing to it and it works, what do i do next?
    [11:23 AM] Kalmado: it doesn't work for me tho. it doesn't parse. so I don't understand.
    [11:23 AM] Thorny: i loaded the exact file as is and it parsed fine
    [11:23 AM] Thorny: are you on ashita2 or something weird
    [11:24 AM] Kalmado: maybe? I haven't played in awhile and have no clue what ashita version I'm on. one sec.
    [11:24 AM] Thorny: type: /aver
    [11:24 AM] Kalmado: 3.1.1.4 interface 3.0
    [11:25 AM] Thorny: alright, so you're either sending me a different file than you're loading
    [11:25 AM] Thorny: or you have something really weird going ono in your filesystem
    [11:25 AM] Thorny: because there's nothing OS dependant in AC around load and the file you sent me loads
    [11:25 AM] Thorny: if you want help, you need to stop withholding information and send me the actual xml
    [11:25 AM] Thorny: otherwise i'm done wasting my time on it
    [11:26 AM] Kalmado: wow ok. I'm not "withholding" anything. I deleted everything from the xml to make sure nothing else was getting in the way.
    [11:27 AM] Thorny: great, then you have no problems and it works
    [11:27 AM] Thorny: we're done here
    [11:28 AM] Kalmado: it doesn't work but OK. You act as if I'm like, deliberately trying to waste your time. I was just looking for some help. Jesus man.
    [11:28 AM] Thorny: look, retard
    [11:28 AM] Thorny: i asked for your xml
    [11:28 AM] Thorny: you sent me a stub that has 2 lines that work
    [11:28 AM] Thorny: i can't identify a problem that isn't in the part you sent
    [11:28 AM] Thorny: if you're loading the wrong file, that's on you
    [11:28 AM] Kalmado: wow retard. OK good stuff. Have a nice day.
    [11:28 AM] Thorny: whether or not it's intentional

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

why didnt you just send the whole file lol

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I legit thought I was being helpful by just including the lines I was having trouble with. I missed the part where I should've included the entire xml. Regardless I wasn't expecting to get got like that. If anything I just sat back and was like damn, never had a ban! Not sure what all the talk about hiding something or trying to get an add created or something (on my phone which I'm terrible at). I was just trying to get some ninja feet working!

Thornster, I do appreciate the work you and anyone else does on things like this. You don't get paid for it and I understand it's probably irritating seeing what you deem as stupid come thru. I am sorry for getting you so worked up. I hope you have had a great day.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It isn't anything about me deeming it stupid, I don't expect users to know everything and I know when I help an end-user they probably don't know what they are talking about. From my perspective, I made it more than clear that I needed the actual xml to be of any more help and you didn't seem willing to provide it. As is clear in conversation, both sides became increasingly agitated.

If you had simply provided the full xml, I would've continued troubleshooting until we either resolved your issue or concluded it was a bug(at which point I would repair it). Again, the channel is public and it can easily be seen that this has happened hundreds of times in there. But, when you give me a file that loads and works, it isn't very respectful to my time. You may think the error was in those lines, but there's a reason I include the word 'whole' when asking for someone's file. Many people have some weird complex about sharing their whole files, as if it's embarassing to not know how to write a better one or something. But, I want it to find the problems not to criticize.

That said, I removed your ban out of courtesy. I have no vested interest in whether you return or go to windower, and wish you the best of luck regardless.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Good location for a 117 rdm with crap gear to start earning capacity points?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I would work on getting to 119 and getting all the capacity bonuses from missions/RoE. Since quite a bit of them come from doing adoulin content, you'll get bayld to buy 119 at the peacekeepers and boost your CP rate by 56% at the same time. With that, can also do domain invasion to slowly, but surely get decent 119 gear from Zurim. At the same time, can tackle the easier levels of ambuscade to get the base 119 sets. With all of that, you'll be good to at least tackle some of the solo camps in escha/reisen.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ok, I was working on the missions already and eye'ing the 56% part of the page.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is there a warp to the top of the damn hill in attowah chasm?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

There's a Proto Waypoint up there, but if you're on the mission you need to do the run (zoning in any way breaks it, so you can't be tractored, use Nexus cape, etc either).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ug, yeah, that's what I was thinking. Stupid CoP, still a ball kicker.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

E Body AND N Legs off Nid today. Best day ever.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    E Body AND N Legs off Nid today. Best day ever.
    time to uninstall, life doesn't get better than that lol

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Easiest way to raise Seeker's fame? The wait on impirmaturs for missions is killing me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Easiest way to raise Seeker's fame? The wait on impirmaturs for missions is killing me.
    It's been awhile but man, I just grinded a bunch of quests. Needed it anyways because there is a nice neck piece for thf/nin/rng before getting a JSE neck. It's for sure gonna take some time.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's the thing I need to do to cut WKR KI cost in half?

believe its a rhapsodies key item that cuts the WKR cost down. i grinded seekers fame by doing the repeatable quest chain. there is one chain that is like...3 quests that you can repeat over and over, was kind of annoying running around but it did the job

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

What's the best place to burn through trial weapon weaponskill latents? I know Ayame is a good trust to use, just not sure what's best to go wail on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag