Page 57 of 90 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Let us know if this page needs anything added:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Windower_Guides#GearSwap

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    Oh geez, I had no idea. That's pretty awesome!

....wait, I thought I read on here a while back that you transferred off Ragnarok. Am I mistaken, or did you come back?
    yeah, we were on another server with friends, and then when we came back to the game, the friends weren't playing. It was lonely so we transferred back to Ragnarok

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Who are the top tier additions in the alter egos from the login campaign?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Oh nvm, you said login campaign. The only ones I think I've ever used repeatedly are Mayakov & Uka (for JA procs in dynamis) and Star Sybil/Brygid for their geomancy effects.

As I said on the previous page, if you don't have enough to flag the RoEs for the Filled/Over/Way Over Capacity RoEs, you may as well get any available.

Something to keep in mind once freebie time rolls around, but what's the RoE to get August? I think I passed the 90 hump or whatever to unlock last time I played, but I think being walled by HL AA kills and nobody wanting to do them pretty much killed my hope at the time.

RoE to get August is obtain 86 Trusts, including all 5 AA and talk to the npc by jamal in ru'lude

Obtain 500,000 CP x3 you get August Rosalatia and Ingrid II

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Marjory

all the AA fights can be done on VE they're really very easy

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I was so excited to get August. Then I used August a few times. Then I stopped using August. Whether it was SR or Ambu it seemed like he'd be wiped in a matter of seconds.

For whatever reason, they kept kicking my ass when I tried. Was in 119 stuff, though about what you could expect for someone without the bodies to higher end Escha and the like. Usually went to shit when stuff 2 houred, as Val also had trouble keeping hate off me. Then again, maybe I was fighting on N instead of VE. Who knows. -.-

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I was Thief 119 SU2 trying to use him. I always had more success using AA ELV and AA Hume. It's probably the fact I was using LOL THF.

EV is a better tank than August, you just need to be THF to make ANY of them work. I pull hate off them in one ws, no matter which one. Unless it's Ta'd.

Honestly, the automaton is a great tank if you need to use one. Mnejing.

Soloing N is pretty tough for any job that isn't sch rng thf or tank. (with average gear) Just do VE.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    For whatever reason, they kept kicking my ass when I tried. Was in 119 stuff, though about what you could expect for someone without the bodies to higher end Escha and the like. Usually went to shit when stuff 2 houred, as Val also had trouble keeping hate off me. Then again, maybe I was fighting on N instead of VE. Who knows. -.-
    Something to keep in mind for HTBs and UNMs (in particular) is that there are old and new zone mechanics at play. SE has retooled enmity, level correction, defense, and so on for ilevel content. However, those changes apparently need to be inherent to the zone. Things hosted in old areas that still need to host low level content basically still have enmity/etc working like it used to, albeit with scaled up stats. Makes it unlikely for tanks to hold hate without really going out of your way to allow for it (Annihilator RNG was bandwagon back then for that reason), or simply being a strong DD as well.

By contrast, Trust tanks work a lot better in content that has those ilevel adjustments in effect. I'd say viable through CL135 Escha/Reisen NMs, provided you employ at least a little strategy around 'em. There's a night and day difference with tanking in general based on content/area.

Free time's begun for anyone who's been waiting/bored.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    EV is a better tank than August
    NIN works decently well if you use Yain: Ichi and Innin (-50% enmity approx). Granted the more the fight lasts, the more likely you will end up tanking.
    For that reason on such fights I prefer to go on a job where I can tank myself and avoid using a trust tank.

On the trust tanks I have somewhat extensive experience with just 3 tanks, here's my opinion:

August => It's probably the best tank overall. Has nice AI, uses cure to wake up the healer etc. In terms of damage soaking he's sorta dependant on having the wings up. When he uses No Quarter (removing the wings) he become weaker and that can be a problem on some fights with dangerous/high damage moves

AAEV => She has a fixed ~10% DT that never goes away. It's lower than August's wings bonus, but it works on both magic and physical (August is just PDT I think). She doesn't have provoke and she relies on enmity generation exclusively on Flash, but when you have march/haste that's not a big issue.

Amchuchu => She's generally a weaker tank, but has slightly higher Meva/Mdb than other tanks (only slightly; I assume trusts don't have Gifts) and uses Vallation/Valiance which can be useful for your party in fights with specific element damage. Amchuchu is overall much weaker than the 2 previously mentioned tanks, as I already mentioned, but the good part about her is that she hardly uses WS, if ever. This means that she won't break your SCs if you're going for such a setup or SCing with one of those trusts that have SC AI. I found this aspect very useful. It's impossible to do, say, a 4step or 5step on your own otherwise, DD trusts or the tank itself will unavoidably interrupt your chain. With Amchuchu this happens very rarely and I think it's what makes Amchuchu so precious as a tank for those situations.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Of course a trust only relying on flash is a big issue.

What makes EV a "better" tank is that she doesn't use berserk and has MDB.

Generally end up using Amchuchu because she holds hate the best or because magic is the larger threat.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Free time's begun for anyone who's been waiting/bored.
    To not get charged do I basically just have to cancel before June 15th?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    To not get charged do I basically just have to cancel before June 15th?
    Your characters need to be inactive in order to take advantage of the campaign, thus, there'd be nothing to cancel. You can just log in anyway during the free period.

If you reactivate, then it's not free.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Your characters need to be inactive in order to take advantage of the campaign, thus, there'd be nothing to cancel. You can just log in anyway during the free period.

If you reactivate, then it's not free.
    I went to login today and it said I needed to update my account status in SE account manager. I can't recall but should I of "suspended" instead of "cancelled"?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If you cancelled your overall Square Enix account then I don't think you can utilize the free period, as it would have needed to be reactivated by this past Monday.

I think the intended thing to do, when you are unsubbed, is for you to leave your SE account active (it's free, after all) and instead deactivate services associated with it - your individual FFXI, FFXIV, etc characters. That's what SE is looking for here:

• To be eligible, you must have an active PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI service account with inactive character options as of Monday, May 13, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (PDT).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm in my SE account and I don't even see an area for inactive characters. I just see cancelled. It's under "Cancelled Service Accounts". I have the option to "Reactivate Service". I found it weird that in Playonline Viewer I couldn't get past the login screen. I've never seen that before. Received a LM-25 message. I'll play with it later once I'm home.

Yeah, sounding like you didn't cancel your sub right. Dumb, but that's SE for ya.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag