Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

I might check out Best Buy or Frys and see what laptops they got. I write, so a laptop for writing would be a nice thing to have if my gf decides not to play for very long. Or even if I lose interest again. I originally quit about the 3/4 mark of WotG I believe, then came back shortly after Abyssea finished, then quit again right before that next expansion came out. I've been hearing most everything can basically be solo'd now real quick, so gonna try to get me and my fiance through all this content.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I might check out Best Buy or Frys and see what laptops they got. I write, so a laptop for writing would be a nice thing to have if my gf decides not to play for very long. Or even if I lose interest again. I originally quit about the 3/4 mark of WotG I believe, then came back shortly after Abyssea finished, then quit again right before that next expansion came out. I've been hearing most everything can basically be solo'd now real quick, so gonna try to get me and my fiance through all this content.
    If you are planning to start from scratch, come to Asura. I hear too many complaints about crickets on other servers...
    Side note: Gawd I miss Frys! T_T

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Moving to Asura is pretty important IMO. Even if you want to solo the game, have an active AH is important and when you need help or want to join a group have 20 shouts is a hell of a lot better than having 0. You also get the feeling of a MMO instead of an empty server.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I don't see how moving to Satan's taint would be of benefit to a returning player. It's more likely to demoralize them when they see they can't do anything without already having RMEA (no one will want them) and the only shouts are whores offering their services. All their friends (who could still be on their original server) would be gone too and replaced by the nonexistent community of Asura, where instead of helping their fellow man they shout to merc things as trivial as Bubbly Bernie

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It'd help because Asura is only like that on the surface (and no, no-one mercs Bubbly Bernie). Having an active community and AH more than makes up for a couple of friends that probably aren't still there.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    I don't see how moving to Satan's taint would be of benefit to a returning player. It's more likely to demoralize them when they see they can't do anything without already having RMEA (no one will want them) and the only shouts are whores offering their services. All their friends (who could still be on their original server) would be gone too and replaced by the nonexistent community of Asura, where instead of helping their fellow man they shout to merc things as trivial as Bubbly Bernie
    Oh what tangled webs of lies we weave.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    I have given new/returnee members to my LS a "Welcome Gift" of free T1 clears for EZ/ER for over the last two years. :3 Purely out of my love for the game and desire to help others love the game too. Doesn't hurt my motivation that it's easy for me to do, pops are cheap, I'm frequently bored, and for a new player it tends to have a pretty big positive impact on how they see and experience the game. My recruits get a bit of a leg up so they are not completely dead weight in group content, and they learn that not everyone on the server is as toxic as you make yourself out to be. ^^

Ridill
    BG Level

Downloading the free trial. I don't know why I thought SE would have axed PlayOnline and replaced it with something more... efficient.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Downloading the free trial. I don't know why I thought SE would have axed PlayOnline and replaced it with something more... efficient.
    They did, their website.

Doesn't mean they will rewrite the game to change how it launches or updates though.

Ridill
    BG Level

Game's installed, POL updated. When I try to log on I'm getting

Error Code 5312 - password or username is incorrect.

I know the username and password is correct for a fact. When I do purposely put in the wrong password I get a screen that says "wrong username or password," but it mentions nothing about an error code.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I know the username and password is correct for a fact. When I do purposely put in the wrong password I get a screen that says "wrong username or password," but it mentions nothing about an error code.
    You are most likely entering the wrong "username". For the login screen, it's not the same as your website account login.

Attempt at a walkthru:
    1) Click on "Square Enix Account Management System" on the website frontpage. (Dark red button in the top right corner.)
    2) Login to your account with your normal account info.
    3) Click on the big FFXI button on the right.
    4) Under the "Active Service Accounts" section, you should see something like: PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI : ABCD1234 [US]

That 8-digit "ABCD1234" alphanumeric code is the actual "PlayOnline ID" that you need to enter in order to log in to the game proper.
    I hope that's right, been a loooooong time since I messed w/ any of my info. ._.
    Will correct if needed after a sanity check. Yep, this should be correct. ^^

----------------------------------

Quick Google search on the error code sez: It may be related to conflicts with remnants from the Steam version if you had it previously installed on the same computer.
    Here's the Official Instructions from the SE Knowledge Base.
    I'd personally recommend nuking anything you have remaining that's Steam based and go with the direct download/install from POL homepage. I don't like middlemen if I can avoid 'em. ^^;;

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A few wrong attempts and the game locks you out for 15-30 or something regardless if it's right.

Ridill
    BG Level

Ok, so I figured it out. It wanted me to put in my SE password and account name again despite it being the POL login screen and also very clearly stating that putting in the SE stuff was completely optional.

Ridill
    BG Level

FF11 up and running on my desktop. I need to mess around with the resolution, but otherwise it's good to go. Ordered the laptop, won't get here until Tuesday.

Probably going to go with Odin server because of irl friend.

Okay... so... Trusts, Rhapsodies of Vanadiel Key Items, anything pretty much after WotG, I either know very little or nothing. Is there some sort of guide out there or general advice about all that stuff that makes life so much easier?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FF11 up and running on my desktop. I need to mess around with the resolution, but otherwise it's good to go. Ordered the laptop, won't get here until Tuesday.

Probably going to go with Odin server because of irl friend.

Okay... so... Trusts, Rhapsodies of Vanadiel Key Items, anything pretty much after WotG, I either know very little or nothing. Is there some sort of guide out there or general advice about all that stuff that makes life so much easier?
    Yes there is:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide

I suggest getting acquainted with the Job guides section too:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Job_Guides

If you encounter anything on the wiki that needs improving, fixing, etc feel free to let us know. That, or you can always come join in on the fun.

Ridill
    BG Level

Sweet. Thanks.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sweet. Thanks.
    Np, yw

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neviskio Mordekaiser
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Crushridge

Came back a few days on the kinda barren ragnarok server, found a LS and got some help but now got a few questions about what to do:

To give you an idea I quit at the end of 2012, while now I got NQ mummu and some bayld +1 gear everything else was decent back then, even got a verethragna 85 (although I know lolmnk... which was my main job).

To give you context I read the guides on the wiki and done most of the roe tutorials intermediate, finished RoV, only need to finish the mini expansions and windurst-bastok-adoulin-wotg missions as I had done everything else. I got a decent number of ciphers and plan to grab the other good ones on the login campaign.

Been gearing DNC mainly (got some 119 AF too), and now got a itch of gearing PUP. Other jobs I like and was using back when are sam-war-blu. I know blu is all the rage but kinda overwhelming to get back into it for me now, so was trying to find something I can solo decent stuff with.

I did read the guides but still not sure what to do really... my biggest problem is I'd like to do end game but not only I'm not geared to be anywhere near it but don't know how to start to get there.

Honestly lost, would love to get back doing the challenging stuff, loved when I was building my empy at the time, but not sure I can get into an aeonic static now with this shitty gear

Besides the quickstart guide and jobs guides any pointers on how to get there now?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

whm cor geo are still fairly easy ins into getting caught up for group stuff, for dd work on a rema if appropriate and +1 your ambu gears while working on ru'aun abj gear and t1/t3 reisenjima sets.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Is there a guide on recommended subjobs for each class now?

Right now looking at:

Thf
    BLM
    Whm

edit: but I'd like to know all if possible since I tend to lvl a lot of things, and I have a few friends coming back, too, who will need to know for what they pick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag