Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Are there campaigns that increase the rate of heavy metal plates?
    just voidwatch campaign which just ended

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have been going over all this shit I've made or messed with on the wiki for years, to try and update it. It feels like an impossible task.

Was working on updating the 1-119 guide today, and while I added some solid info. It just seems like I can't catch up.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone know where I can find the elemental to upgrade from clear abyssite to colorful in aby-ule when it isn't in with raptors/drakes?

edit: turns out in the worms

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    I have been going over all this shit I've made or messed with on the wiki for years, to try and update it. It feels like an impossible task.

Was working on updating the 1-119 guide today, and while I added some solid info. It just seems like I can't catch up.
    I returned a week ago and have been using wiki for most of it. There are some little details here and there that could be expanded upon, but with the sheer amount of content in this game, good luck.

I'm in the process of editing up some videos for a visual guide since most of what's on YouTube right now is garbage and/or outdated.

If you'd like to incorporate some links in the wiki to help you and everyone else out lmk. That way instead of having to go into detail about moving from point A to B, you can just refer to the vid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    I returned a week ago and have been using wiki for most of it. There are some little details here and there that could be expanded upon, but with the sheer amount of content in this game, good luck.

I'm in the process of editing up some videos for a visual guide since most of what's on YouTube right now is garbage and/or outdated.

If you'd like to incorporate some links in the wiki to help you and everyone else out lmk. That way instead of having to go into detail about moving from point A to B, you can just refer to the vid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Anything come directly to mind to expand on?

These would go under the Gameplay Guides page as video guides, similar to the way the Job Guides page handles them. I would just make a new template to accommodate such in a quick minute or two if that is the case.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fucking Plates > Souls > Apadamek Horn grind still sucks ass.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fucking Plates > Souls > Apadamek Horn grind still sucks ass.
    It always will. Ultimate Weapons aren't really that special. So you get to go through the grind.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

broken thread

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fastest way to obtain beads? I'm doing DI which is spammable but can anything give you beads in bigger chunks? Need the 50k to start Aeonic.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fastest way to obtain beads? I'm doing DI which is spammable but can anything give you beads in bigger chunks? Need the 50k to start Aeonic.
    If you are getting the 1k beads from DI, then that is going to probably be your best bet.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Sort of depends.

The other primary way of accumulating beads is to kill Geas Fete NMs, especially now that the Blessings are basically always up. The higher tier you can manage, and faster you can kill them (counting reacquiring KIs to pop), the more likely you are to overtake DI. I think the common targets here are either Zi'Tah T3 (Behemoth in particular) or Reisen T1s. The more actual players you have to hold pops the faster it can be, since swapping party/alliance lead is faster than running back to the NPC. I want to say those are something like 190 and 100ish beads per, for the ones mentioned?

You may also just choose to build beads this way because of added benefits - (low) chance of a Pulse weapon for Zi'Tah T3, or stones for Oseem from Reisen. Or you could choose to target things that drop Eschite ore or whatever as well. Essentially, even if your bead farming ends up being slower, it could still be a better overall use of time, given that DI point farming is capped.

That said, if you've got a good DI rotation happening - enough people showing up that the pop time is minimal, but you're still hitting ~1k per... I'm not sure you can readily top that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Something I didnt know til recently but youre best off NOT weaponskilling and just auto-attacking in max crit hit rate gear when it comes to bead farming.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Sort of depends.

The other primary way of accumulating beads is to kill Geas Fete NMs, especially now that the Blessings are basically always up. The higher tier you can manage, and faster you can kill them (counting reacquiring KIs to pop), the more likely you are to overtake DI. I think the common targets here are either Zi'Tah T3 (Behemoth in particular) or Reisen T1s. The more actual players you have to hold pops the faster it can be, since swapping party/alliance lead is faster than running back to the NPC. I want to say those are something like 190 and 100ish beads per, for the ones mentioned?

You may also just choose to build beads this way because of added benefits - (low) chance of a Pulse weapon for Zi'Tah T3, or stones for Oseem from Reisen. Or you could choose to target things that drop Eschite ore or whatever as well. Essentially, even if your bead farming ends up being slower, it could still be a better overall use of time, given that DI point farming is capped.

That said, if you've got a good DI rotation happening - enough people showing up that the pop time is minimal, but you're still hitting ~1k per... I'm not sure you can readily top that.
    This sums it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    Something I didnt know til recently but youre best off NOT weaponskilling and just auto-attacking in max crit hit rate gear when it comes to bead farming.
    Correct, but since the changes of the not too distant past. I am just fighting and spamming WSs and capping beads in quick fights on Asura. At the onset of DI that wasn't the case and you'd get almost no beads if you didn't just auto-attack as a DW job.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

What does the not WSing thing have to do with getting (more) beads from DI?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

More time to get crit hits?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Critical Hits evaluation is how most people cap. Summon Lilisette II and you'll cap with no issues either way though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Critical Hits evaluation is how most people cap. Summon Lilisette II and you'll cap with no issues either way though.
    Not true on Asura. Dies so fast can only get 600 each time.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    What does the not WSing thing have to do with getting (more) beads from DI?
    Points— look at the categories in the evaluation. If the mob is dying too quickly and all you are doing is WSing, then you will not have a good enough evaluation to cap beads.

Not true on Asura. Dies so fast can only get 600 each time.
    I have 0 issue capping on Asura as a THF.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My thief also doesn't have much trouble however my cor does.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You doing rogue roll?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size