BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    If you're going for the memento then feeding it should help. For getting to the next rank, it'd just be the interaction that counts... though I think doing the one it like ('Pet' per the chart) should help for both goals.
    Yeah I meant the adult memento there.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

What's the food to eat for Primer 2 Ambuscade to dodge the status effect(s)?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So I am a returning user. RoV quest 1-1 does not register as complete in Record of Eminence. I have activated it . Any idea as to what I am not doing correctly? I can travel to Escha Ti-zih (probably spelled incorrectly) Please help!

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Findral View Post
    So I am a returning user. RoV quest 1-1 does not register as complete in mission section. I have activated it . Any idea as to what I am not doing correctly? I can travel to Escha Ti-zih (probably spelled incorrectly) Please help!
    Not sure, but I know when I first started I thought the same thing until I realized a lot of those aren't 1-1, they're the entire chapter completed. I'm assuming that's what's happening here. Keep progressing and it should complete.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just had to say the new Halloween event music is a nice touch.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

When I re-subbed I was playing on Asura since there's about zero people playing that I used to know. Asura is pretty much always at 2500-3000 people online at any given time. Camps are taken, constant merc yells, and the domain invasion NMs melt within seconds. One of my dipshit friends is trying the game and started on Valefor without consulting me so I decided to pop over there and help them out for a bit. Holy shit is Valefor dead as hell, the contrast is amazing. The most players I've seen online at once and on a weekend was about 400 typically it's 250-300 players. Seems like mostly Japanese population. There's almost never any yells. Unity chat is never too full like on Asura and the most people I've seen show up to domain invasion is like 5 players. A few times I was the only person fighting it. This is kind of great for some things if you don't want anyone getting in your way but the auction house is dead and it just feels so empty and sad overall. I don't see how they haven't merged some of these servers if there's literally 300 people online that's insane.

Anyways. I'm wondering how the mage jobs have been handling macros ever since meleeing with a party of trusts became standard? My macros never used to involve meleeing while casting so they always swapped in staves but now I suppose I have to make separate macros for meleeing while solo or casting in end game? I'm trying to get over the culture shock of still feeling gross and wrong about meleeing as a non BLU mage. I also don't like how awkward it is to crowd control multiple mobs while meleeing as a mage. I had no issues with this in the past just sleeping/binding/graving anything but it's so wonky to do this with the camera squished up close full of Trust NPCS meleeing. I started putting the <st> command into my macro so I can swap mobs in case of crowd control but this is still slow and non-ideal. Anyone have feedback about this?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I mostly play RDM, I have gearswap toggles to lock my weapons manually, and certain offense modes lock my weapons by default. The only ones that really should be meleeing are BLU and RDM, and of them only RDM really needs to fiddle with weapon swapping. <stnpc> is useful for targeting while engaged, but I honestly cast a lot of spells from the menu depending on what I'm doing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I mostly play RDM, I have gearswap toggles to lock my weapons manually, and certain offense modes lock my weapons by default. The only ones that really should be meleeing are BLU and RDM, and of them only RDM really needs to fiddle with weapon swapping. <stnpc> is useful for targeting while engaged, but I honestly cast a lot of spells from the menu depending on what I'm doing.
    I mainly play on RDM but I assume other jobs like WHM and BLM still have to at least engage the mob to get their trusts to kick in. I have been doing some casting from the spell menu too, after manually re-sorting the list so the most used spells are at the top. This works okay but I'm still grumpy about having to change my playstyle.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Anyways. I'm wondering how the mage jobs have been handling macros ever since meleeing with a party of trusts became standard? My macros never used to involve meleeing while casting so they always swapped in staves but now I suppose I have to make separate macros for meleeing while solo or casting in end game? I'm trying to get over the culture shock of still feeling gross and wrong about meleeing as a non BLU mage. I also don't like how awkward it is to crowd control multiple mobs while meleeing as a mage. I had no issues with this in the past just sleeping/binding/graving anything but it's so wonky to do this with the camera squished up close full of Trust NPCS meleeing. I started putting the <st> command into my macro so I can swap mobs in case of crowd control but this is still slow and non-ideal. Anyone have feedback about this?
    As mentioned, for those using Gearswap or similar, it's common to have a toggle to lock weapons. Vanilla, like you said, you could make your gear sets without the weapon and do different macros with and without weapon swaps in them. I did something along those lines with RDM back at 75 cap. <stnpc> in macros can work if you're frequently needing to swap to other mobs for casts, or again, using Gearswap can make that sort of thing simpler as you don't need to be using macros.

I would say in general that melee mage/support is more frequently viable now as you've got weapons that are solid for both melee and casting. Still, in group content, it's not really a given, and even on stuff like BLM or SCH you can just unlock, stay engaged, and run back out of range. Swapping weapons won't make you disengage.

Otherwise, server size has pros and cons. Small servers lean on LS/friends almost entirely, and everyone knows everyone. So if you haven't, you probably want to seek out whatever big social shell(s) are around and pop in.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So I just solo'd an entire Domain Invasion myself, all of the mobs and the dragon and got 56 domain points. Pretty fucking annoyed. That wasn't worth all that time when you can get 100 points for 2 minutes of time on a high population server where it goes down instantly.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Assuming this was Siren, usually stuff does die pretty fast- but admittedly I've been super lazy lately and haven't been doing mine.

EDIT: Oh I see you found something more backwater- nvm u fucked!

HEY FUCK YOU BUDDY
    BG Level

So, this might not be the exact right thread for this, but I'm not sure of a better one, and it's certainly not worth starting a new thread over.

A while back, there was a contest - and I'm fairly sure it was on here, though I could be wrong - for folks to design a class. The winner was Heretic, which was a staff-using tank that had a mechanic pretty similar to what the Brewmaster's Stagger does in WoW. If It was pretty fleshed out, with an unlock quest and an AF questline done up. If I remember correctly, it was hosted on some kind of small wiki. I don't imagine that still exists, does it? It's not important, really, but I remember looking at the class and really digging the idea of it, and I recently remembered that it existed, but wasn't able to find a link for it on my own.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/cam...unt/index.html

Next "Return Home" campaign is scheduled for December 25th @ 3 AM ET until January 15th at 3 AM ET.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was getting worried. Better late than never.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I guess this is as good place as any, not really worth a new topic I guess:

FFXI mobile game seems to be cancelled
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen..._be_cancelled/

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I guess this is as good place as any, not really worth a new topic I guess:

FFXI mobile game seems to be cancelled
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen..._be_cancelled/
    Best news of 2020.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gameplay shifted toward a combination of RPG and TCG genre
    Oof. Thank god it got canceled. Would have been an absolute dumpster fire.

Side note, I actually enjoyed the Japanese-only "Final Fantasy: Grandmasters" for a time, even though it died quickly and never really took off. My enjoyment probably came almost entirely out of Nostalgia, the music, the items, the models, etc... but they had nice social spaces, the way you went to each "zone" was cool and nostalgic, the City/Hubs where you did events... it was a very "well made" mobile game even though it doesn't hold a candle to FFXI. I kinda wish it had made a Global launch and didn't die in JP.

It was terribly unbalanced combat wise though, but I guess its a homage to FFXI. Basically just mass-Buff yourself and do a single super chunk nuke.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Oof. Thank god it got canceled. Would have been an absolute dumpster fire.
    Yet, somewhere I am sure there are still those hungry white knights. Crying out in the distance, "But, my nostalgia!"

When the 14 Beta was an absolute shitfest. Many went with "YOU CAN'T JUDGE A GAME BY THE BETA!", but yes, yes you can. Same with this, the amount of Reddit posts from dipshits hoping this was their long lost wet dream was tragic comedy at its worst. Everyone knew it was going to be a horrible gacha cash grab, but the amount of people hoping otherwise was unfortunate. They looked at those old *leaked* screenshots and never thought "Oh, a TCG, I am so excited for that!"

Top 10 worst reboots ever?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there a cheat sheet of all available warp/teleport options in the game with regards to a given zone? The community wikis generally only cover basic connected zonelines and not alternative routes. Things I'm aware of for navigation:

WHM teleport spells (duh)
    Outpost Warp (not terrible nowadays courtesy of mounts)
    Zone Books
    Equipment ([S]Nation flag staves, Crag rings, Olduum ring, town-specific crafted necks, etc)
    Home-Point crystals
    Proto-waypoints (most of these made obsolete by home-points added in the years)
    BCNM warp guy in L.Jeuno (also obsolete by home-points?)
    Atmacite Refiner (great for Purgonorgo Isle and various dungeon maps)
    Abyssea NPC

And then you got odd backdoor routes, such as Walk of Echoes via Grauberg which enters to a secluded section of the map (for Provenance Watcher access), but can also go one-way to the main section of WoE with all the Conflux arenas. I have a lot of the older things memory mapped, but not sure what the newer alternatives may be if any aside from home-points. I know Adoulin has some weird shortcuts of its own also via those moth covered points, as well as those crystal things in the map you can touch which ports you to one of the cave zones (one in Yorcia comes to mind).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag