Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I don't know, I feel the value of a game drops after a year so new additions that add value to a rerelease don't bother me.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The value of a game doesn't drop when they release it on a new system for the first time.

Quit justifying moves that screw over people who buy first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Quit justifying moves that screw over people who buy first.
    LOL

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yes hilarious. I can like the game and still have some issues with the way they market some of the DLCs.

So crazy.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

EVERY GAME SHOULD STAY THE SAME PRICE LIKE NINTENDO!

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You wot?

Games always come out for the same price when they release on a new system whether theres new content or not.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Big diff between saying "the game should never go down in price" and "people who bought the original game and its DLCs should be upgraded to the Royal Edition without having to pay a $15 fee". Acting like things like upgrading ppl to GotY editions and shit doesn't happen, lul. What does it feel like to white knight a multibillion dollar company?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So players should be given DLC stuff for free, got it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Let me lay it out in a way that may be more manageable for you to understand: the royal pack costs as much as the season pass (50%ish of the original season pass price) while simultaneously offering less than 1/15th the amount of content.

Chew on that one while you polish your armor for the next crusade.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

So I played this for a few hours when it first came out but got bored and busy with life - picking it up back now and have a few questions on things I likely forgot:

Weapons: If I get a good weapon, should I prioritize Noctis having it, or one of my dudes? Seems like Noctis is rotating through stuff and attacks first, but my dudes are just auto attacking and good DPS themselves..

Magic: Give it to one of my bros, or have Noctis use it for special circumstances? On that note, I'm kind of lost as to when my guys will switch to their other weapons, or use magic if their other weapon slot is magic...?

I haven't gotten to the point where I can switch between party members, and not sure when I should be using that regardless.

Any recommendations for early ascension tree must-haves?

The combat still feels a bit clunky and like my tactics don't matter much early on (Just warp strike in, hold attack until I switch to other targets, try and get behind stuff, try and time some dodges), but I assume that will change as foes get harder.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    So I played this for a few hours when it first came out but got bored and busy with life - picking it up back now and have a few questions on things I likely forgot:

Weapons: If I get a good weapon, should I prioritize Noctis having it, or one of my dudes? Seems like Noctis is rotating through stuff and attacks first, but my dudes are just auto attacking and good DPS themselves..

Magic: Give it to one of my bros, or have Noctis use it for special circumstances? On that note, I'm kind of lost as to when my guys will switch to their other weapons, or use magic if their other weapon slot is magic...?

I haven't gotten to the point where I can switch between party members, and not sure when I should be using that regardless.

Any recommendations for early ascension tree must-haves?

The combat still feels a bit clunky and like my tactics don't matter much early on (Just warp strike in, hold attack until I switch to other targets, try and get behind stuff, try and time some dodges), but I assume that will change as foes get harder.
    Give best weapons to Noctis. Only give magic to Noctis. I'd unlock character switching first, so you can atleast change up gameplay. Gladio's Tempest ability is very good. Large amount of invincibility frames and places you behind the enemy for blind sides.

Combat is clunky, and you can honestly just hold attack, and occasionally dodge to clear the game. As long as you have curing items on you, game overs don't exist.

If you want to get 500k gil in about an hour (should last you the whole game), play the Justice Monster game until you have 99 boxes, then exit out. Sell the item to an NPC for 500k.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Give best weapons to Noctis. Only give magic to Noctis. I'd unlock character switching first, so you can atleast change up gameplay. Gladio's Tempest ability is very good. Large amount of invincibility frames and places you behind the enemy for blind sides.

Combat is clunky, and you can honestly just hold attack, and occasionally dodge to clear the game. As long as you have curing items on you, game overs don't exist.

If you want to get 500k gil in about an hour (should last you the whole game), play the Justice Monster game until you have 99 boxes, then exit out. Sell the item to an NPC for 500k.
    Super helpful, thanks!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also try to prioritize ascension nodes that give/increase AP gain in various ways. That alone will speed shit up a lot. It’s been a while but after that I vaguely remember focusing on trying to get the HP recovery abilities for party members next just to help them survive longer. And after that just go with whatever you fancy

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I beat the game recently and never used magic once. Perhaps to my detriment, but I didn't even figure out how to magic until I was almost done with the game. For the ascensions, AP bonus stuff and then Ignis has a AoE group heal with invincibility frames which is awesome but I don't remember what it's called. After that you can do whatever you want.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So I have some downtime before KH3 comes out so I've been doing stuff I skipped in this game.

Beat all the monsters for the legendary weapons. Did my first locked door dungeon. That was mindnumbly boring. Are they all just a long series of same looking rooms?? Is there any point to doing them all? Any good rewards?

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I cannot find the .exe for this game. It's the windows DRM. Is it not possible to add this game to Steam?

BG Level

Ok so I made it to Chapter 4 and the game is getting pretty fun. I think the reason I dropped it the first time is it doesn't have the traditional final fantasy feel from the start. There's no real big cinematic opening the story for me, there's no real urgency on anything for the first chapter (and you can spend hours and hours just walking around killing shit, with what is a pretty clunky / boring combat system at first).

Once I got into Chapter 2 and things started happening, it got a lot more fun.

I still think I'm doing something wrong in combat though. I'm getting a bit better at blocking, but I still get hit A LOT, even when holding Square. I can be holding square with just one enemy and still get hit most of the time, so it just seems like I'm wasting time I could be attacking.

Also with respect to blocking, it seems fucking useless when there's 5 enemies around me, can't seem to block them all and they all just pummel me.

With that in mind, my handling of groups of enemies sucks too. I usually warp strike in to attack one, but when I do that, all 4-5 of the enemies all start ganging me while my dudes come up to attack as well.

I'm also 100% sure I'm not really properly taking advantage of my combat moves. I'm basically just warp striking to things to close distance -> attack until I think I should block -> try and get behind things if i can -> move to the next guy. With the occasional battle technique thrown in (like regroup or tempest) when I need.

I'm not really sure how to use airstep / airstrikes, or other moves, and don't see them executing well.

Also - is there any other fucking way to heal my party besides regroup, items, and adding healing to a spell?

And what techniques do ya'll recommend for your dudes? I've just stuck with tempest, regroup, and piercer so far.

Sorry for all the questions...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh, it did have a big cinematic opening.

It was called Kingsglaive.

I get it though; it took me a while to get used to the game. As for your questions, I think other people can pitch in more but.. my approach was basically warp strike for great justice, throw out potions and regroup.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quick question?

I recently picked this up again for a second playthrough on pc.... scored 3400 on benchmark on standard 1080p. Is that good enough?

If I mess around with optimize it wants me to set at 720p for 60fps. I had the same problem with nier where I could play 720p and get 60 fps or 1080p and get 30ish.

I usually pc for wow/ff14 or old games on max settings, don't really care to upgrade now just wondering if it's better to go for the higher fps or higher resolution (720) is noticeably worse looking. But I don't want to blow up my computer either. Gtx 960 i7 for reference

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I presume the XIV cross-over is permanent? Only recently dusted off the PS4 to load up the game and realized the Assassin's Festival still worked since I never updated the game, so I'll probably finish that off first. I'm also still sore over Royale Edition upgrade giving the middle finger to existing owners. "Still" waiting on it to go on sale for a more reasonable price, which hopefully comes by the time the Ardyn pack is out.