Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ran the benchmark a few more times with command line parameters to turn things on/off and add 1440p res.

1080p: 7067
    1080p Hairworks: 6524
    1080p VXAO: 5814
    1080p Hairworks, VXAO: 5313

1440p: 5186
    1440p Hairworks: 4837
    1440p VXAO: 4329
    1440p Hairworks, VXAO: 4086
    1440p EVERYTHING off: 6289 (looks like console pleb graphics)

Overall the benchmark is garbage with or without gameworks features enabled for 2 reasons.

1) the aforementioned and well documented LoD problems
    2) the whole thing is random. it is not a set gameplay loop, it's some sort of AI running through a routine. this leads to randomization of things like camera angles, number of characters on screen, attacks and particle effects used, etc. which can greatly affect the score, especially around the combat portion of the benchmark.

VXAO will be the first setting I turn off tho. Easily the most taxing out of anything else. Hairworks would probably be more demanding on AMD cards. Expected a little more out of this 1070 but this isn't exactly a fair fight for it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Those scores mean nothing to me. Was it able to maintain 60 fps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No, at most setting levels it couldn't maintain 60fps, but once again the benchmark is a broken and worthless mess that doesn't reflect the performance that we'll actually see from the game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    God I love this game! Can't wait to replay it when Royal Edition drops.

Please please please add Diamond Weapon as a super boss!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    God I love this game! Can't wait to replay it when Royal Edition drops.

Please please please add Diamond Weapon as a super boss!
    They had like 6 in Kingsglaive, should definitely throw us a bone and get one in game as a post game boss like Adamantoise... only less boring of a fight

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Man, the internet has made me a jaded asshole.

Only thing I could think about in that Dragon vs Chocobo fight was "Brazzers".

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Steam|Origin|Win10 version details, PC Demo coming February 26th
    Fans will be able to experience all of Chapter 1 and fully explore the tutorial and opening quests of the epic adventure in Eos through an upcoming demo for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition. This free demo will be available ahead of the game’s release on Steam, Origin and Windows 10.

Exclusive in-game items and bonuses have also been revealed for fans who pre-purchase or purchase Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition:

Steam

• From now until May 1, players who purchase or pre-purchase the game from Steam will receive the Half-Life Pack, which features:

- In-game costume for Noctis based on Gordon Freeman, star of the legendary Half-Life first-person video game series including the HEV Suit, Scientist Glasses and Crowbar

• The Half-Life Pack will also available for Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades

• Players who pre-order the game from Steam will receive the bonus “FFXV Fashion Collection” containing a selection of T-shirts for Noctis to wear, including:

- The strength-enhancing Episode Galdiolus Tee

- The HP recovery rate-increasing Episode Promopto Tee

- The critical hit rate-increasing Episode Iginis Tee

- The maximum HP-increasing Comrades Tee

Origin

• Players who pre-order the game from Origin will receive the bonus “FFXV Decal Selection,” containing an array of colorful decals for the Regalia car celebrating Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis, along with the men and women of the Kingsglaive.

Microsoft Store

• The save data from the Windows 10 version of Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition is compatible with the Xbox One version of Final Fantasy XV. In addition, a post-launch update for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will enable Windows 10 and Xbox One cross play forFinal Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades.

• Players who pre-order the game from the Microsoft Store will receive the bonus “FFXV Powerup Pack,” containing Dodanuki, a sleek sword created by a legendary bladesmith that reduces enemy defense with each slash. The pack also includes 10 phoenix downs and 10 elixirs.
    http://sqex.to/FF15PC

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

HL3 confirmed.

Does it bother anyone else they spelled out "Tee"?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Oh wow cross play with Xbox? Man that's pretty neat if only it wasn't wasted on this game lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's a pretty lengthy demo honestly. Lets you see if the game runs on your PC or not in any case

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That costume looks awful lol. Guess I'll try the demo!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Demo???

Nice. Can see how my PC would run it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The demo is out on Steam. Have been playing around with it. For reference, my specs:

4770k @ 3.5GHz
    16GB RAM @ 1333MHz
    GTX1070 @ 2040MHz
    Game is installed on my WD Black HDD to see what HDD load times look like (spoilers: not great)

Settings

I ran the game at 1440p for pretty much my entire test session. Everything is set to maximum and all settings are turned on sans Motion Blur which I personally dislike. VXAO is unavailable for whatever reason.

General Hardware Usage

Seems pretty decently optimized in this regard. Makes good use of both the CPU and full use of the GPU. Also uses up just about every bit of my 8GB of VRAM:

Performance Observations
    Overall the game runs pretty smooth, all things considered. At 1440p I was averaging 50FPS with dips down to 45 and going as high as 70 in some areas. There were also occasional hitches that brought me down to 25-35FPS for a couple of seconds, probably something to do with loading in chunks of the world which would likely be solved by running the game on an SSD. For me this is acceptable performance and is completely playable, however I wanted to see if I could lock myself to 60fps. Unfortunately none of the graphics settings really seemed to cause any major change to FPS. Disabling options like TurfEffects and ShadowLibs gave me an extra 5fps at best, and toggling HairWorks on and off did absolutely nothing unless I was standing next to a creature that actually used it (so the culling issue from the benchmark has been fixed!).

Framerate remained stable in combat. However, it is worth mentioning that the opening intro sequence with Ifrit brought my FPS down to 35-40, especially when he was using his big flashy fire attacks. This probably has to do with GameWorks fire effects which don't have a toggle option.

With all settings turned on and at maximum values, moving my resolution down to 75% ratio puts me at a consistent 60-70FPS, and lowering myself from 75% 1440p to 100% 1080p puts me at 70-80FPS. If you run 4k this is going to be a hard one if you don't have a 1080 (or more realistically, a 1080ti). 1070 seems perfectly fine for 1440p and a 1080 would make this thing smooth as butter. 1080p should be playable with a wide range of hardware.

Overall I'd say it's pretty well optimized and I'm satisfied with the game's performance. I expect it to potentially improve even more in the full version/day 1 patch. Anyone who was cautious due to performance can rest easy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

And here I thought I'd be doing my first re-play in March

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I already started mine, let's be real, they aren't gonna stop on XV until everyone sings its praises, only then will they move on to XVI.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They're gonna stop whenever FFVIIR's first game is due and they'll probably have in-game event(s) to promote. I personally don't mind as long as the content is good enough and I'd rather get these expansions over potential sequels ruining everything with nonsensical storylines (looking at you XIII trilogy.... love the gameplay but the story got worse with every entry).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast