+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Ok so - beat the main story line and working on end game stuff now.

First: the combat does get more fun, though it is still clunky when fighting a bunch of enemies at once. Overall it's still engaging and fun and makes me want to play the end game more.

Second: What the absolute fuck was that story? It felt like it was missing the middle 10 chapters. We go from the empire invading, with all of this mystery as to what's going on, to suddenly the empire is basically just a bunch of daemons and everyone is dead - all being controlled by the chancellor.

I don't think I've ever played an FF that felt this disjoint or incomplete.

As for end game stuff, I'm still going to go through and beat the optional dungeons and bosses and stuff - but what do ya'll do for leveling up? I've been doing the cactuar timed quest, but that and even the adamantoise spamming is super slow past level 100.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If I remember correctly, the best way to level up is to make/farm exp+ magic and use that. But I couldn’t tell you how since I don’t think I ever did it myself

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Final Fantasy XV: Everyone Gets A Crossover Edition

I remember using moogle charms and exp+ magic, and then only sleeping in Altissia for the 3x multiplier. As far as what to fight I don’t remember specifically remember other than the mobs in Insomnia or the ones right outside the Pitioss Ruins.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Everything post 100 is super slow... To 99, it was 3M EXP, but 99-120 is over 26M and the stat gains are abysmal. I think, they got out a 70% finished game, to get money to make the rest of the game, only to sell the rest of the story as DLC. They finished the first season pass but left the second season pass 75% abandoned.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

Ok Fuck the Pitious Ruins.

It would be a cool concept map if the controls were actually accurate enough to make all the landings consistently. Making a puzzle with 200 precision jumps and tightrope walks with a control system that's just not configured to be that precise is beyond tedious.

BG Level

Not sure if they ever patched it, but you can cheese a few parts of it with warp jumps using daggers. I did so unknowingly during my first play through of it.

Pitioss ruins in general is such a love/hate dungeon lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I love the concept but hate the execution lol.

Still it was a really cool dungeon. I just wouldn't wanna complete it more than once.

BG Level

Ya the CONCEPT was great - and very well done. The execution was fucking terrible.

Also are the locked optional dungeons fun / worth it? I'm finishing up stuff in the game and just trying to figure out what's left to do that may be fun.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    Ya the CONCEPT was great - and very well done. The execution was fucking terrible.

Also are the locked optional dungeons fun / worth it? I'm finishing up stuff in the game and just trying to figure out what's left to do that may be fun.
    So much of this applies to FFXV as a whole. Still enjoy the game.

Also if you want to be ruin episode Ardyn (or, make it MORE AWESOME):

Spoiler: show

Cannot ever unsee.

BG Level

Final Fantasy XV: Everyone Gets A Crossover Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post

They’re more or less just gauntlets of mobs after mobs for a certain number of floors with a final boss. The last dungeon restricting item usage. I don’t recall any of the item rewards being anything noteworthy off the top of my head. The weapon quest line from Lestallum is pretty fun with the final weapon reward being one of the best in the game. Some of the later Hunt bosses are pretty good too. You can try to get the Angelus tank to pop in the field. There’s also Omega in Insomnia if you haven’t done that yet.

Go fishing and try to catch a Pink Jade Gar or a Mummy Bass. Those are the real super bosses of the game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Final Active Time Report Set for March 26th
    Square Enix announced via the Japanese official Twitter of Final Fantasy XV that a new Active Time Report stream will be held on March 26, at 20:00 JST.

The stream will include the latest information for Final Fantasy XV updates, new information on the Final Fantasy XV -The Dawn Of The Future- novel like its first-print bonuses, and new gameplay and info for Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn.

The stream will feature FF XV Global Brand Director Akio Ofuji, FF XV Episode Ardyn Producer Yuji Shinoda, and FF XV Episode Ardyn Director Takefumi Terada. Others guests will appear as well.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/final-f...-end-of-march/
    https://twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/1107918662344728578

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pretty fucking epic teaser. It's available now apparently. Doubt I'll play it anytime soon, but I definitely want to check it out at some point.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

CDN$13.50, oh joy. Just after I spent $10 getting Royal Edition against better judgement recently, since I'm trying to get back into the game to 100% the post-game and trophy lists.
    Spoiler: show
    To then also learn the Comrades trophies tied to XV's list are utterly fucked now and are legally unobtainable.

Was stuck on an old version for a bit here since I wanted to finish the Assassin's Creed festival (and since have), and for whatever reason they need to update the game to actually lock-out supposedly timed events.

I've been trying to tackle Costlemark tower but it's giving me a pain with having to chug potions during and after every encounter. Might just be undergeared/leveled for it, or it's meant for you to abuse the crap out of magic and the lucis ring. All it does is remind me of how terrible the game's combat is, especially in close-quarters where you're always fighting with the camera.

Might end up just uninstalling the game and reinstalling it to free up drive space, since the updates don't uninstall old DLC, and for whatever reason PS4 doesn't let you manage installed add-ons at all.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Just use that armor that gives you 30 minutes of invincibility before going on a cooldown (for Costlemark). The 30 minutes only accrues during actual battles, so you can keep the armor equipped on everyone fulltime.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm trying to avoid using that gameshark-tier armor as it is. Felt dirty using it for that one boss fight that came with that update. Wish it didn't get implemented into the game at all honestly.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

There's more plot in the first hour of this DLC than the first 20 hours of the game had lol

I'm still mad at how much potential this game's story had and it was squandered and tossed around in bits and pieces.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ha ha ha..that's what I heard from someone earlier: That they got more world building in the first hour than they did in the entire game.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Thread title becoming more and more accurate