+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Nah, it appears to be a common issue with the game per reddit/steam forums. And no, I'm not using DS4Windows, SCP, or Xpadder. Main issue is that MS Store version's install directory is so locked down, even after taking ownership of the directory, no files can be copied into it so I cannot install the "Special K" dgxi.dll for injection.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bardicrune View Post
    Nah, it appears to be a common issue with the game per reddit/steam forums. And no, I'm not using DS4Windows, SCP, or Xpadder. Main issue is that MS Store version's install directory is so locked down, even after taking ownership of the directory, no files can be copied into it so I cannot install the "Special K" dgxi.dll for injection.
    That's fucking wild

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I believe you have to take ownership of each specific folder, just trying to take ownership of the entire directory doesn't work (and can cause issues with trying to update programs in the Windows store)

Probably wouldn't help though, I know special k usually has underlying functions tied into the steam api, and the mod probably wouldn't even work on the windows store version if you could install it. A lot of their mods don't work on pirated versions of games because it can't hook into steam.

BG Level

This popped up on Xbox Game Pass so I decided to give it a shot. Anyone have a workaround for the stutter problem when accepting controller input? I see the "Special K" mod fixes it for the steam version, but apparently it cannot be installed on the Windows Store version (directory is unwriteable).
    exact same thing happened to me with the Game Pass version yuh, the controller stuttering was absolutely unplayable. switched the settings to 'highest' and rocked those presets fine tho, smooth as you like since. am using an Xbone controller tho not a Dualshock.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I had the exact same problem earlier today as well. I've played this before and had never had stutter. Loaded the game. Played for a few but had to go do something. Come back and the stutter was so bad it was in my opinion unplayable. I use DS4windows with BT or wired. Nothing could work. I too downloaded special K but I have no idea where the game is even installed (MS store purchase DO NO BUY THAT VERSION LOL).

Below is what fixed it for me, so far at least.

Increase pagefile size • Link
    Final Fantasy XV uses heavy resources on a PC's paging file, which acts as alternate virtual RAM.[12]
    If the paging file is set too low (such as a maximum of 2 GB), this can act as a performance bottleneck, resulting in frequent stutters while exploring. This is especially true if the system's RAM is 8 GB and under. Increasing the paging file size (such as from 2 GB to 8 GB) can drastically improve performance and reduce stutters.
    Increase pagefile size
    Open start menu, type "run" and use run command.
    Enter systempropertiesadvanced. Go to "Advanced" tab and click settings.
    Go to "Advanced" and choose "programs" instead of "background services".
    Under virtual memory, click change. Uncheck "Automatically manage paging file for all drives" at the top.
    Select custom size. Although there is no definitive paging file size, try making the initial and maximum both 12288.
    Click OK and restart your computer. Try the game to see if performance is improved.
    https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I had the exact same problem earlier today as well. I've played this before and had never had stutter. Loaded the game. Played for a few but had to go do something. Come back and the stutter was so bad it was in my opinion unplayable. I use DS4windows with BT or wired. Nothing could work. I too downloaded special K but I have no idea where the game is even installed (MS store purchase DO NO BUY THAT VERSION LOL).

Below is what fixed it for me, so far at least.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV
    Thanks. I'll check it out when I get home. I haven't checked the pagefile size since I built my new PC in Dec.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thank you for the suggestion Kalmado! Checked it when I got home. Pagefile was set to "Auto". I changed it to minimum 4096MB and maximum 16384MB. Game is working fine now.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the suggestion Kalmado! Checked it when I got home. Pagefile was set to "Auto". I changed it to minimum 4096MB and maximum 16384MB. Game is working fine now.
    Glad it worked!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sorry, not a news specific bump but I saw it and thought it was rather good effort/decent quality to warrant a share:

edit: naturally the accents/voices don't work but still, looks like a lot of love has went into it

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

finally picked this up. loving it a lot, but I have a note:

fuck coeurls

only hunt so far I've just straight-up abandoned. yeah, there are ways around the instant death mechanic but I don't have access to most of them yet. and when my party members kept attacking the coeurls when they were in counter stance? that's where I drew the line

I'll say it again: fuck. coeurls.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Enjoy the ride with your bros!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Final Fantasy XV: Everyone Gets A Crossover Edition

I mean it. The best part about the whole game. The feels are real.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Bro

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post

the story is so confusing and seemingly random but the party members are the one huge redeeming quality. I honestly agree, the bond between them is a moving experience and you can tell a lot of attention and care was put into their dialogue / voice acting

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post

the story is so confusing and seemingly random but the party members are the one huge redeeming quality. I honestly agree, the bond between them is a moving experience and you can tell a lot of attention and care was put into their dialogue / voice acting

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    the story is so confusing and seemingly random
    Unfortunately, this will continue to be a thing. There was a fantastic story behind this game that we were never told If you watch the Kingsglaive movie it might help with some of that

The journey is mostly fun though. And like the ending is really fucking awesome

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    the story is so confusing and seemingly random
    Unfortunately, this will continue to be a thing. There was a fantastic story behind this game that we were never told If you watch the Kingsglaive movie it might help with some of that

The journey is mostly fun though. And like the ending is really fucking awesome

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah just playing the game alone, you miss out on a lot of the story stuff, which was really stupid. There are journal notes or whatever you can collect during the game that flesh out the story a lot, but still doesn't change the fact that they cut a bunch of stuff (like a lot of Luna's story) towards the end and didn't replace it with anything, leaving little story gaps.

I haven't played the DLC though so maybe those helped, I dunno.

But yeah, otherwise the brotrip and bromance is great and Ardyn is arguably one of the best FF villains

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah just playing the game alone, you miss out on a lot of the story stuff, which was really stupid. There are journal notes or whatever you can collect during the game that flesh out the story a lot, but still doesn't change the fact that they cut a bunch of stuff (like a lot of Luna's story) towards the end and didn't replace it with anything, leaving little story gaps.

I haven't played the DLC though so maybe those helped, I dunno.

But yeah, otherwise the brotrip and bromance is great and Ardyn is arguably one of the best FF villains

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The Ardyn DLC is worth it for fleshing out his backstory.

The other's are alright.