+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The mechanics aren't too splendid but the characters are what make the game. Too bad they kinda fucked that up too with the missing pieces of story and character development. But, shit, as someone who bought this game for PS4 and the season pass on top of that while knowing the game wasn't quite complete, they can get fucked if they think I'm paying yet another $15-20 for some more features and missing story. I can only play this dlc game of theirs for so long before I'm quits.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There's supposed to be 3 more character episode DLC's for 2018 still to come, aren't there?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Supposedly they plan on adding more. TBH I'm kinda ticced that if I want all this extra shit I have to buy the game again when I own the collector's edition.

I dunno why anyone who played the original would buy this again. If it's a season pass I might be interested but still not really. Gameplay is still bunk and feels awful so I dunno.

Also I don't really buy that SE is dead. You could consider FF as a series dead but XIV still exists, and SE did basically made Nier Automata happen which immediately gives them huge props and faith from me.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Fuck all of y'all, haven't played yet so this is the perfect time and version for me. This is what y'all get for being early adopters in the 21st century, you know this company and their recent history; you should have seen this coming.

The same can be said for Nintendo and all their products. Tell me again how many remasters and rereleases there are on their new flagship console?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Every console is flooded with remasters and rereleases, that's not something I'd hold against Nintendo specifically.

It could practically end up being the same thing, the only difference is Royal Edition people get to be disappointed in 2018 rather than 2017.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Every console is flooded with remasters and rereleases, that's not something I'd hold against Nintendo specifically.
    I wont blame the deluge of remasters on nintendo. They finally started putting a legit effort into 3rd party support this generation but even then all I've seen are ports to games that have been out for years on every other console. Honestly that's my biggest beef with them, up until now they didn't give a shit about 3rd party but then didn't want to release 1st party titles in a reasonable time frame. Now that they're working on 3rd party partnerships, they're getting a deluge of remasters and ports but it's like too little too late cause I already play a lot of these before.

Now that SE is in the pc market with their flagship I have no intention of Day 1ing any title unless it's already on pc. There's no reason to because it will get the remaster/directors cut version released on pc with all the dlc already included, and at a discount. They get the same lack of the benefit of the doubt that Nintendo gets.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I won't hold remasters against Nintendo given the flop that was the WiiU but they also have their bullshit DLC stuff (either normal or Amiibo) and a bunch of insane policies. Even SE gets something right every now and then.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I just bought the 14 full edition on sale too, wasted!

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Apparently the price is undecided for season pass holders.

https://www.dualshockers.com/final-f...price-mistake/

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Apparently the price is undecided for season pass holders.

https://www.dualshockers.com/final-f...price-mistake/
    Yeah they wanted to write 29.99 ;p

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You know I'm really happy for all the content XV is getting but its still, there, in the back of my head, the nagging feeling... They just released the game in a hugely incomplete state to make a fuckload of money off it, then sell us content they've been working on that should have been part of the full game, as "Extra DLC", over time until we finally have a complete XV like 5 years from now pricing in the ballpark of $200

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If Tabata had his way, the game would have been delayed another half a year so they could focus on fixing issues and making it a more full game. So at least his intent was good. But yeah, the SE brass wanted $$$ and forced it out.

So on one hand, yeah all the DLC are little micro-transactions that are fully intended to line SE's pockets with money. But on the other, I really do think Tabata and whatever crew he has left to work on the game are genuinely trying to put their best foot forward and make worthwhile content with whatever limited team they have.

So while the constant DLC spew is annoying, given what we've received so far, I don't mind paying a few more dollars if the quality of the DLC keeps getting better like how the Gladio DLC was kind of meh but then Prompto was way better and apparently Ignis is fucking awesome.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Hey now, if you waited for the master race version this is the best deal on a new ff game since PlayStation 1.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you ignore 10, 11, 12, 13, 13-2, LR, 14 maybe

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    If you ignore 10, 11, 12, 13, 13-2, LR, 14 maybe
    Not mentioning 10-2 makes this response invalid and ignorable

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I’m kidding if it wasn’t obvious. But seriously, while 10-2’s story was a fucking gong show, the gameplay was fantastic

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I actually just forgot about it. As long as you can embrace the cheese, 10-2 is fucking awesome.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

We're PS2 games $60? Or did that start at PS3? I can't recall. If they were still under 60 then change my comment to PS2 days lol.