1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Clearly should've been playing best job RDM :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well I'm not gonna get EXP on DRG while playing RDM now

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I've had the opposite problem actually and that's tanks doing huge pulls in low level dungeons when certain DPS jobs don't even have access to AoE abilities (I was on DRG). This is more of a balance issue but it just annoys me because I'm powerless to do anything lol.
    Give it 2-3 expansions more and S-E will maybe actually do a sync where you retain your skills, so that low lv content is not boring as hell.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Give it 2-3 expansions more and S-E will maybe actually do a sync where you retain your skills, so that low lv content is not boring as hell.
    They never will. Your DPS output will be way the fuck OP with a capped rotation a simple 1-2 rotation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    They never will. Your DPS output will be way the fuck OP with a capped rotation a simple 1-2 rotation.
    Other games can make it work, so S-E could do. I mean, if they weren't S-E.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Imagine a game where doing lv20 dungeons as a 70 doesnt make you want to end your existence
    Terrifying.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd be laughing so much in a low lvl dungeons if they do that. Every boss of Satasha being 1 hit by Fire I.. or wait, just the act of using unmend would be a 1 hit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    I'd be laughing so much in a low lvl dungeons if they do that. Every boss of Satasha being 1 hit by Fire I.. or wait, just the act of using unmend would be a 1 hit.
    not completely unsynced dude lol just able to use all your abilities and usual rotation

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seems maybe not everyone has experience with that. There are MMOs which a lv scaling system, where you get synced down for low level content, but retain all your abilities - they are just scaled down to not be OP. Actually, think a little bit like Eureka - you enter at lv 1 but still can use all the skills you actually have on that job.

Would be weird to fell cleave at super low skill speed lol

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yeah.. tanks might hit a 100 at lv.20, can't have that.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Will never happen. Because no amount of balancing or nerfing to the damage of high level abilities would put them on par with lower level players who don't have them yet. Like how would you balance Nastrond and Dragon Fire Dive in Satasha when Dragoon at that level doesn't even have Jump or an AoE or oGCDs yet?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Seems maybe not everyone has experience with that. There are MMOs which a lv scaling system, where you get synced down for low level content, but retain all your abilities - they are just scaled down to not be OP. Actually, think a little bit like Eureka - you enter at lv 1 but still can use all the skills you actually have on that job.
    SWTOR does that I believe, your level and stats get synced down but you retain all the skills you have unlocked. It’s the primary reason why they have level bracketed PVP—otherwise lowbies would get steam rolled.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

does anyone else ever freak out when you can't find your mouse cursor during a hectic fight, and if so, does anyone have a good solution for this? I don't want to change my mouse cursor just for FFXIV but IDK man that shit drives me nuts

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

FFXI taught me to never use my mouse for anything (which has admittedly made it difficult to get into other MMOs...), and I've continued that into this game outside of a handful of menu actions and placing ground markers. What do you use your mouse to do?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I run into the most trouble with selecting allies (I can never seem to press the right f-key), and occasionally with using abilities that aren't keybound (stuff I use rarely). also just for movement; accidentally clicking on an ability or the menu when I'm trying to hold the mouse button so I can rotate the screen is a bit of a panic issue for me lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    does anyone else ever freak out when you can't find your mouse cursor during a hectic fight, and if so, does anyone have a good solution for this? I don't want to change my mouse cursor just for FFXIV but IDK man that shit drives me nuts
    Use a controller like God intended.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Use a controller like God intended.
    Use K&M and stop playing like a console peasant.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post

Jupp, you can change the size of the mouse cursor in the game itself! I don't remember precisely where in the settings it is, but you can take it up a notch or two and it becomes a lot more visible

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Jupp, you can change the size of the mouse cursor in the game itself! I don't remember precisely where in the settings it is, but you can take it up a notch or two and it becomes a lot more visible
    this is exactly what I was looking for!! thanks man