1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -4 hours, -47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Every expansion brought in something different content wise, but that was enhanced by the horizontal nature of the game. For a vertical game like this, I guess they'd rather take the easy route and repeat stuff ad nauseam, instead of coming up with new stuff that will be outdated in less than a year.

Then again, when they actually try to come up with something new we get things like Diadem or Eureka, so...
    I personally like Eureka, Diadem I liked the concept but the problem seems to be..as long as we're stuck with 2.x formula, no matter what they come up with is gonna be shit because of the core systems they don't want to change. Like "grinding" works well, it doesn't work with XIV's systems. Eureka coulda easily been Abyssea, which while I hate it for what it did to XI (obsoleted stuff in way too quick a fashion) it was still well structured compared to most of the stuff XIV has put out lol. It's just weird how while I get "XIV IS NOT FFXI OMFGGTFO!!" that people love to say in OF/Reddit, just a bit funny that XI, for as old as it is, still has more structure and better progression flow. Every MMO had its growing pains and tough spots (like WoTG for example ignoring the FFXIV Development time hindering that expansion) but XIV seems to constantly be in that "growing pains" stage that people who don't do the game's content continue to eat up.

Like we do get actual progression every 6 months then eventually an expansion to reset us to 0, but if this was any other game..players wouldn't stand for that and the MMO would have died ages ago. I think even Yoshida commented on that in a recent interview (regarding MMOs rarely lasting.)

It's weird how we get less content for "better/unique content!" every expansion so I'm betting 5.0 we'll lose primals (CUZ GARLEANS DON'T HAVE THEM! - Lore Shield) for "unique content" that's gonna be a 4th iteration of Diadem.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I can't stand Eureka and Diadem. Endlessly grinding mobs isn't fun in XIV; I can grind mobs for 4 hours and start to feel burned out in XI. However when it comes to XIV I can stand it for about 10 minutes and then I am looking to log out and spend my time doing something else. Maybe it's the synergy of jobs working together to build skillchains and hitting a 99,999 magic burst is more fun than 1,2,3 - oh that guy is doing 1,2,3 as well but we have no interaction in combat together so it feels empty and hollow.

There is a missing element to XIVs combat system that prevents there being any fun with just grinding. If they had some sort of party building mechanic that allowed members to set themselves up to exploit weaknesses and deal critical/fatal damage to a target it would feel a lot more engaged in the combat mechanics of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    It's weird how we get less content for "better/unique content!" every expansion so I'm betting 5.0 we'll lose primals (CUZ GARLEANS DON'T HAVE THEM! - Lore Shield) for "unique content" that's gonna be a 4th iteration of Diadem.
    We will probably get 1 new dungeon every patch cycle and the trade off will be "well ultimate took a lot more time than expected in SB to create, so we're going to give you a 3rd Ultimate battle this expansion that only 5% of the community will give two fucks about actually making an effort to clear.

Seriously I've cleared both UwU and UBCoB and all it did was make the game feel even more hollow and have even less desire to continue playing knowing there isn't anything challenging or fun to come after that.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

5% is probably being generous

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He's probably citing JP server statistics.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I can't stand Eureka and Diadem. Endlessly grinding mobs isn't fun in XIV; I can grind mobs for 4 hours and start to feel burned out in XI. However when it comes to XIV I can stand it for about 10 minutes and then I am looking to log out and spend my time doing something else. Maybe it's the synergy of jobs working together to build skillchains and hitting a 99,999 magic burst is more fun than 1,2,3 - oh that guy is doing 1,2,3 as well but we have no interaction in combat together so it feels empty and hollow.
    In FFXI, BiS was BiS for years. Grinding mobs was always worth it, because you knew, if you got the drop, you don't have to change it out(for something new) anytime soon. Yes, the social interaction elevated that game's popularity. This all changed with Abyssea.. and I realize I'm just repeating what's been said ha.

Basically, it feels like a waste of time..because it is. BiS is BiS for 1-2 patches, then everything has to be replaced.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If the armors had better designs and the transmog system was better (it's already better, but still not up to contemporary standards...) at least people would have more motivation to do stuff for glamours. Hell, glamours are already considered to be the true end game in this so they could emphasise on that

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They've given up on armor design and are more interested in just reusing armor sets and using different color pallets and dye styles. Whoopey! Can't wait for next expansion where we have Alexander gear drop from a dungeon that dyes a little different

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Most MMOs do that though so it's not really a big deal?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

4(5?) years into its life tho if we ignore 1.0?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Replacing my gear every 3-6 months (or in this case like 8-9 months lmao) wouldn't be that bad if the gear gave me stats that were fun to fuck around with. "Oh, this cycle gives me a 15% chance to proc double damage on Onslaught, that's pretty neat"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gear stats are only fun to fuck around with like a year into the expansion and that's if you considering stupid high crit or Skill/Spell speed to be fun.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nobody considers that fun

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Frigging annoying the hell out of me when I got to Anemos and shout for a lv20 Challenge log party just to immediately get invited to a fate party. Reading comprehension {Do you have it MFer?}

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It can't get any better than a bad DPS(SAM) leaving because the DPS was bad.

Then out comes a better DPS(another SAM).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

TFW in an MMORPG, Mahjong is going to be 100x more fun than a brand new job addition.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    It can't get any better than a bad DPS(SAM) leaving because the DPS was bad.

Then out comes a better DPS(another SAM).
    I’ve been guilty of being both of these. SAM life, lulz

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just in case I forget what's going on and I find out in the morning that it went dumb:

Searching for Squonk, I find a random level 69 scholar tucked away in a corner, seemingly afk, with Eos holding Squonk aggro and self healing...

Kai Bond: you there?
    Kai Bond: if not i'mma kill it lol
    Pelhi Ryoku: here
    Kai Bond: waiting for someone?
    Kai Bond: just in case
    Pelhi Ryoku: No, I'm not killing it.
    Kai Bond: nom nom nom then :D
    Pelhi Ryoku: Rly
    Hunt mark Squonk slain! (1/1)
    I killed it and ran away. I needed it, and Squonk's an ass to find.

Pelhi Ryoku: Rly
    Got me slightly concerned, but I dunno why they would type that. While running away I didn't get any angry /tells or anything. I then started generating random thoughts that what if I killed it and this guy decides to bad name me all over the server hahaha - so I quickly typed out what had happened here in case I need to refer to it. He's not holding it for anyone or he would've said (I did ask) and I can't think of a solid reason on why this odd scenario would've happened.

Going to bed zzz~ lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Squonk's Chirp AoE is what is required for spawning the S rank (Bird of Paradise) in the zone. Not sure why they wouldn't tell you this if that is what they were doing though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its because hunt communities are significantly more toxic than raiding communities and are extremely secretive about their ongoings.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For BLU, I don't know if it's the lack of having a weapon above lvl1 to increase your WD with, but after 40 levels, every skill that doesn't KO me or isn't 1K Needles still hits like a wet noodle, even with Bristle and the best gear I can get for my level.

I've been trying to avoid being carried to get my levels/skills with a lvl70 as much as possible here, but the job's logical skill progression (CC/utility/gimmicks, but heck all for usable damage) feels rather non-existing, especially with nearly half of it being from lvl50 content. 95% of everyone playing BLU will just be doing Mighty Guard + 1K Needles spam when they get them, because there is nothing better for dealing damage with while leveling.