1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 8 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 1 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You'll notice it if you're playing FFXIV on a SSD.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    The most I expect is a slap and a strike on your account. Ain't nobody getting perma'd unless they've been slapped before for dumb shit like Dee Colon.
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...df5907a4587479
    We are making the investigation and addressing of this issue a high priority, but as explained above, it involves changing the core structure of the EXP gaining method, making it difficult to address with a mere hotfix. Currently, we are aiming to address this issue with Patch 5.0.
    As a result, using this method for leveling would normally be classified as an exploit, but since we were not able to address this promptly despite it being a known issue, we will not be issuing any penalties for players who are leveling in this way. However, since this was not the intended design, we do not recommend engaging in this behavior, and exhort players to level in the normal manner as was intended.

And the DF servers have always had a minimum wait time before it checks for all players loaded in to remove the safety barrier.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    You'll notice it if you're playing FFXIV on a SSD.
    I am, and I haven't noticed it.

Well, they just said they're not gonna do shit to people using the exp exploit so *shrug* good for everyone, I guess.
    *puts popcorn away*

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Solo farm your pagos light before 5.0

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Additionally, farm XP to cap your companion to 20 before next Tuesday.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i'm not convinced they will fix it,especially if they don't plan on doing anymore unlimited job's.

the mental gymnastics people were using to defend this exploit on reddit gave me migraines.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They already announced they fixing it, even giving the date

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    i'm not convinced they will fix it,especially if they don't plan on doing anymore unlimited job's.

the mental gymnastics people were using to defend this exploit on reddit gave me migraines.
    There's at least 2 more unlimited jobs coming in 5.0 though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    Additionally, farm XP to cap your companion to 20 before next Tuesday.
    What happens tuesday?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    What happens tuesday?
    They're 'fixing' the chocobo getting bonus xp when you're on BLU

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

JiP'ed into a AV today, in fact, it's been this way. If I get a queue that is join in progress, it's going to be AV no matter what. There was no tank(as always), and I went in as a DPS. I didn't even need any xp, just queued for the hell of it. First boss, obviously, often is, or Coincounter. Waited loong time for a tank, then one shows up and then bailed. So I left, got in my PLD, requeued, got back in it, and a BLM joined shortly after.

BLM was terribad. No, not the iconic Icemage, an Icemage would do more DPS than this guy. He'd hardcast Blizzard 3, then Fire 3, and then hardcast every Fire 3 after that, til no mp. So big pulls were not possible.

Still though, we cleared it. AV isn't hard to tank, just fucking do it. I had to suffer through main healing on PLD in Bardam's Mettle. There is definitely far worse dungeon experiences than old ass AV can host.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I made him die several times on the last boss of the burn

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hang on, that Bishop AoE turret "circle" that it emits is the range of the attack? lol

Today I learned indeed. I always assumed it just sprays 360 everywhere with a large range. Might explain my pitiful DPS when I tried to play machinist lol

edit: now i need to be mindful when I am tanking with a machinist lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

tl;dr: Yes, the Bishop's animation matches up with its attack radius. It is 6y (same size as Collective Unconscious), and is apparently not documented very well anywhere that I could find.

It boggles my mind that anyone would think it worked any other way. Why would it hit outside of its animation? That could be downright deadly in open-world situations. Pretty sure it's the same size as Flash, so I'm not surprised.

Edit: Bishop Overload is listed as 6y (yards? yalms? idk), which is the same distance listed for Collective Unconscious/Asylum (but not Sacred Soil, which is apparently 8y? Who decides this random shit?). Though the size of Bishop Overload could differ from the regular hits. I might test on a striking dummy when I get off work.

Other fun things I noticed while looking at the AOEs listed on the lodestone...
    - Ricochet is 5y, but Rain of Death is 8y???
    - Most circle AOEs are 5y (All tank and melee DPS offensive AOEs [except NIN hellfrog], Shadow Flare, AOE Aero, etc)
    - The only other 6y AOEs I could find aside from Bishop Overload was Hellfrog Medium, Contre Six, Asylum, and Collective Unconscious

UPDATE: I tested it on a striking dummy. Here are the results:
    - The turret AOE animation was larger than I remembered. I was remembering, like, the size of a Ley Lines (3y, apparently).
    - The turret refused to start attacking unless its animation could reach the midpoint of the dummy (though it could probably hit any enemy whose circle overlapped with the AOE, regardless of the enemy's midpoint)
    - The turret AOE animation matched exactly the size of Collective Unconscious, so the animation is an accurate portrayal of its actual attack distance of 6y.

Sorry for the bad shot, but here's my turret, as far away from the striking dummy as I could get it and still have it attack, with a friend's Collective Unconscious standing right where I had my turret placed, with the edge of its animation lining up with the edge of his Collective Unconscious.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, I've not been playing much since RE2 and KHIII came out. Now that I completed both I went back to the ol' grind. One of the things I want is to get my Suzaku weapon. I cleared that fight np with a pug group like a day or two after patch, felt easy peasy. This week, not a single group I joined was able to clear it. It's amazing some people that play this game can even breathe without help.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I just resubscribed after a long break and I had forgotten how frustrating this game can be. Trying to purchase one of the empty plots of land (there's about half a dozen in Goblet) but none of them are actually buyable. Did SE really intend people to run around like a headless chicken between wards to check if a plot is available for purchase or sit staring at a screen camping a placard as if it were an NM?

Did some research and apparently they're on a random 22 hour timer after the land becomes available. So an average wait time for a plot is 11 hours, assuming no one relocates to it during that time. I have better things to do with my time so I guess I won't be getting one. You'd think after 5 years SE would have provided enough wards for every active player/FC to own a house.

Edit: Apparently my last post on this thread about a year ago was complaining about the same thing. Nothing changes...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Their spaghetti code can't handle offering more plots, apparently.
    I hope they open a couple new housing zones in Shadowbringers. People have been crying for Ishgard housing for a long time and Yoshi has mentioned it recently but I can't remember in what context.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

previously they made it pretty clear there would never be Ishgard housing, but they allegedly alluded to the fact that housing could follow the culmination of the Ishgard rebuild(Shadowbringer's DOH endgame content)

citation needed, etc.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Which I'm sure will take the entire expansion to complete as they add piecemeal portions of plot in each main numbered patch culminating in not getting a house anyway because you won't be able to buy land for a week or two after cause it will have priority access to FCs and transfers. I preemptively feel bad for the people who put in the most effort and end up getting no house while the people who don't even have a DoH/DoL unlocked buy them up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I mean if what I said is actually the case(big citation needed), DOH/DOL shouldn't get preferential treatment. It's not as if our ability to purchase land would be in any way tied to their labor. It's purely thematic

that said, while I understand peoples' frustration with the housing system, I'm pretty sure most people who really wanted a house and understood the scarcity/demand involved got one. I don't use an SSD and managed to snag the second most desirable Shirogane plot on my map with very little issue