1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

On Balmung, you were either in within seconds or you lost. Queue was up instantly and all the houses were gone in minutes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

not a hill I'm gonna die on because its entirely possible that I was just lucky, but I'd like to think planning in some capacity helped me get my spot

I also don't know anything about server populations. Hyperion, for reference

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No way to plan around it really. We were all on for the end of maintenance and only a couple of us got houses because our connections didn't boot us from the login server/datacenter immediately thus we got to dodge the queue. Can't plan around being forcibly locked out of the game while the swarm of thousands of other ppl descend on Shirogane like locusts.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Helps if you're an FC and have more than one member gunning for it too. When Shirogane housing popped I was stuck in queue for 10mins but my bf got in right away. Even despite him getting in immediately and our low server pop (Siren before it was an xp world), we didn't get the large plot we wanted but the second choice. If I was trying to grab a personal house I would've been SOL. I don't even want to imagine what kind of a nightmare it would be to try to get a house on Balmung.

Remember though that the world shuffle is coming and with it, many people will be giving up their plots to move somewhere else. Keep an eye on plots you want. I'm actually pretty interested to see how housing is affected by the DC shuffle.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My big problem is that I'll be losing my plot since my FC is hopping to Midgard with the server shuffle. I have the dope small plot up on the hill in between the two staircases; MB and Aetheryte on my front lawn and great view of the entire ward. Giving that up hurts and I know I'll never get it back. So I'll be giving up possibly the best available small plot in exchange for having to once again camp given up plots for up to 22hrs and hope to get one.

When we scouted out servers, Midgard had middling population and over 150 open housing plots. As of a month or two ago every housing plot is now occupied and it has over 11k population according to the unofficial census.

Aether is going to be a fucking mess, idk why SE thinks forced load balancing will work when they're giving people MONTHS in advance to transfer and free transfers when it happens.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That really sucks. I would've made an alt and snagged a small plot under an FC while I still had the chance. Once the transfer happen you can attempt to bribe someone to release their plot so your FC can snag it.

Honestly the hardest thing about the current housing shit is trying to get that first plot. Once you get it (Wherever it is) you can transfer your way into other places as long as you can get someone else to relinquish it. Then again with the free server transfer happening this might still be possible?

I dunno I got lucky during the Shirogane craze and snagged a plot 30 large when patch 4.1 dropped.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe when they allow DoH to rebuild the Ishgard housing shit, they'll allow crafters to solo-build shit in the FC room without needing three buddies to sit afk in a party.

Also, people in Arsenal need to stop putting markers everywhere on the god damn pad on Proto-Ozma. If you don't know how to do the fight without those markers, you're probably going to fuck up a mechanic and wipe the party. There's already enough visual noise in the fight without those giant disco pillars.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

one marker to indicate which platform is yours on the fly is probably helpful for anyone who falls off/remember procs. I've heard of bad things happening to people who don't realize they've respawned on another group's platform

beyond that idfk what they're even for

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There's a server shuffle coming up?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

they're adding a new NA and EU datacenter. A few servers are being shuffled off their current one and being put into the new ones. Breakdown is probably available on the Lodestone

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I'm tempted to move to a less populated server now that the opportunity is there. Got no ties to Ragnarok since I've not played outside of free login periods for a few years.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I went to login last night and actually had to wait an extra minute because the server was full. I haven’t seen that since SB launch. Wtfffffff

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My wife two months ago: I'm making a hunt discord for the aether data center since no one is getting on it.

Me: Ok

My wife on tuesday: Holy shit its blowing up.

Me: Go figure no one cared until it happened. Anyway imma get my alt past 2.4 and 2.5 and into HW so I can get his crafters to 60.

My wife on wednesday: Can you help me verify people

Me: Sure

Me as of Saturday Morning:
    • My alt is only past stormcloak and not shiva.
    • I have been helping verify people. Kicked over a hundred people for not finishing the process.
    • Fixed the automatic portion and figured out how to do react roles.
    • Hate myself rn.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I fucking hate Crystal.

DF sucks so bad. Shitty players all the time.

"Let's stop for 5 minutes and talk about shadowbringers"

Tanks can't hold aggro and pull single packs. DPS is low. Healers suck at mechanics.

It wasn't nearly this bad on Aether, is it the Primal people? I always see on reddit that people say the average player is a potato but I never encountered so many as before.

I've been on Goblin since the beginning and I'll be damned if I let these retards win and force me to transfer.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It can feel like that but really there's just been an uptick of less experienced(bad) players now all trying to clear/lvl stuff before June.
    That being said my patience does wear thinner with every queue.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've logged out after a WHM didn't use benediction on me after I hit walking dead on a pull.

Twice in one dungeon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

People who exclusively hunt S ranks are some of the most toxic people I will ever get to know and I hope a meteor destroys their fucking computer/ps4

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    People who exclusively hunt S ranks are some of the most toxic people I will ever get to know and I hope a meteor destroys their fucking computer/ps4
    We have a lot of that on Siren.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ARR sightseeing logs are hella dumb

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

40 item limit on outside furniture is similarly hella dumb