1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 6 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Didn't mobs give shit exp and it was the bosses that gave tons? Been awhile since I leveled before 6.0. Either way that DSP is a whiney bitch and idiot since the logs/progress bar should have been a clear indicator of mobs not giving XP
    iirc, they nerfed trash xp awhile back and also removed the chain bonus in dungeons, and buffed the boss amount. This is just another step on top of that. Can't wait for the next step to be removing per-mob gil/mat drops on the older dungeons that did that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Y
    Like this the other day in some inconsequential trial:
    There's only a couple specific fights I'd rather people hold to LB3 for, and if it's not for quickly killing an Aetherial Tear, then it's likely for "playerbase bad, healer lb3 backup" reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Tanks need to stop being little bitches and just go wall to wall, there is no reason they cannot. Taking 25 minutes to clear something that should take 12-14 is stupid and requires less effort.
    There have been so many god-awful tanks returning to the game that it's a gamble if they don't go splat pulling wall-to-wall. Absolute night-and-day difference running experts with my static than DF with regards to my dps upkeep as healer. It's not like it's an iLvl issue at this point when all I get is the msq expert dungeon which caps is low. Just tanks who simply don't rotate their CDs of which they have 3-4 per pull to use.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I thought the change was that trash mobs don't give exp on kill but any trash mobs you killed get added to the exp total when you kill the boss? Even if that isn't the case, going out of the way to kill an extra 5-6 mobs in the leveling dungeons is pure madness.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tbh I never checked for any research on this, but I assumed that the mob kills don't affect it

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If I’m tanking:

PLD: Clemency/Holy Shelltron go brrrrrr
    WAR: Bloodwhetting and Mythril Tempest go brrrrr
    GNB: Heart of Corundum and whatever go brrrrr
    DRK: TBN go brrrr for a little bit then hope you don’t die before it’s up again

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'll never understand PLDs and their obsession with Clemency.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Like it’s almost impossible to die during pulls if you are putting in some effort and your healer has a pulse, unless you are on DRK then you gotta be a little more careful but still not impossible

BG Level

I've actually ran into healers without a pulse. Big oof when you die at the start of a pull when the Sage in your party has the EX trial wings but you drop before you even have a moment to react. Think I had to use Hallowed Ground 3 times in that dungeon run.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If a PLD uses Clemency and I'm still alive, I won't use any heals/OGCD on them at all. No point. Wish that ability would only unlock if multiple people in a party were dead.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Since this thread has traffic, might as well keep chronicling it.

Had a cute returner tank on level 69 MSQ dungeon! I checked him, he had 3/5 pieces of the gear (left side) and I 3 accessories from that dungeon.
    Won't listen to advice and still doesn't know how to do second boss (he's level 69 so he's obviously queueing for it most likely for the exp)
    Healer who is busy DPSing let him get low a bit (as you do) and he ran away
    I suggested to him not to run as it doesn't help, just trust the healer, but he's like "or, i'll just run" lol

I dunno, just cute. Not angry or anything as it's pointless, but it's fun to see such spectacles haha

BG Level

Also a bit unrelated but anyone have any advice for self sustain when it comes to WAR? I know AoEs and Bloodwhetting is like a mini benediction but curious what else you can ndo to tap into the potential.

Also a bit of a nitpick but it's annoying Bozjan/Moonward gear can't be turned in/donated. Got a ton of that stuff I wish I could do something with instead of tossing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You can desynth them I think for your crafting jobs

WAR self sustain is gonna use Bloodwhetting as your main skill but you can also use Thrill of Battle, Equilibrium, and Shake It Off for self heals, basically if you are really in a pinch on big dungeon pulls you can use one in between your Bloodwhetting timer and rotate them to keep yourself up, on bosses it will be even easier to do since you really only need them to either top off before or after a tank buster move. And also now with the change to Holmgang you can use it without fear of handicapping yourself, it’s basically a mirror for PLD’s Hallowed Ground now.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They can't be desynthed yet either. Just have to discard them or hold them until 6.1 where we'll likely get the ability to turn them in or desynth.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Long as your healer is dpsing and not keeping your hp bar at 100% at all times there's not much reason not to use equilibrium every pull. 60s cool down, huge chunky heal and a regen on top. Can pair it with thrill to boost the initial heal potency too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    They can't be desynthed yet either. Just have to discard them or hold them until 6.1 where we'll likely get the ability to turn them in or desynth.
    for whatever reason eureka-style equipment is toss-only forever

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

they really need to do something to bozja castrum engagement. Can't progress on my resistance weapon cuz I'm stuck on that stupid quest and it's so insanely unfriendly to noobs to learn the mechanics in time.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    they really need to do something to bozja castrum engagement. Can't progress on my resistance weapon cuz I'm stuck on that stupid quest and it's so insanely unfriendly to noobs to learn the mechanics in time.
    They've done all they can for it honestly, it's all doable low man (first boss can be a bitch though) but I think it REALLY depends on your instance, I just went into a full castrum last night whereas 2 days ago it was only me and another dps despite full instance. I guarantee if they treat SHB relics like they did HW and make a step for EW's relic a "victory lap of old content", engagement will sky rocket again. If it's anything like BA, they'll unlikely ever touch anything directly relating to it just stuff surrounding it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    There have been so many god-awful tanks returning to the game that it's a gamble if they don't go splat pulling wall-to-wall. Absolute night-and-day difference running experts with my static than DF with regards to my dps upkeep as healer. It's not like it's an iLvl issue at this point when all I get is the msq expert dungeon which caps is low. Just tanks who simply don't rotate their CDs of which they have 3-4 per pull to use.
    As a tank, it's also a gamble for the healer you get. I've tanked where I can very confidently pull wall to wall with 0 even remote issues or I'll get a healer that forgets they're a healer and is still in Black Mage mode.

Also, to be fair, some tanks returning are not necessarily awful, they may not be used to the meta changes that occurred while they were gone. I've returned after certain periods and it's crazy how the current meta changes. Things that were a huge "no-no" before are "common sense" now. Things that were "you must..." are now "wtf are you doing??"

BG Level

Apparently you can get penalized leaving a dungeon in progress if the entire PT but you DCed. Good to know if that ever happens again I guess.

BG Level

Red mage LB3 or as I like to call it "The party wiper"

They really need to tone that down. DRK too to a certain extent even though it's nowhere near as bad.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

RDM lb3 should be a bannable offense