1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Why are you doing this now when September isnt far off for all this to be replaced with?
    So they can HQ it with ease and make all that gil back that was blown on crafter's T6.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Why are you doing this now when September isnt far off for all this to be replaced with?
    If ARR and HW are anything to go by this will be the last tier of crafting gear.

My melds already let me do 3 star crafts from 0-100% with melds. If I hit the 1800 control mark before food I could do the 3.5 star crafts that way as well.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Sure but that next set will let you do 1 and 2* in 5.0 without needing to upgrade.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I believe the general assumption is that the next set referred to is crafteD gear, not crafteR gear, at least if the previous patches are any indication (?), the next big crafter set will be 5.0?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yah, crafters should be done until 5.0 for any big gear jumps, the x.3 patch is normally it. 3.5 did have new tools, so depending on your melds, those tools might be superior to what you currently have.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This tower jump puzzle from the event can kiss my ass lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tank couldn't stun Berserk from the Pagos Centaurs to save his life. (Or use cooldowns to mitigate the ensuing beatdown)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Having a new raid tier..even normal...reminds me just how trash healers and tanks are on aether -_- So many preventable wipes if they knew what the heal button(s) are.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Typhon mount doesn't even have a mount action to use Snort. 2/10 patch.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Alarm noise being tied to BGM and not System Sounds is baffling.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I wanna bitch about the MSQ. Below is spoilerific. Tags don't lie.

Spoiler: show
    This game's story over the past two or three patches since Zenos bit the dust has gone completely stupid. Today it hit me why its really bothering me - It has the same plot twist tempo that The Last Jedi seemed to have.

Every story patch now feels like it has too many plot twists or weird sorta plot elements that just aren't explained well, and maybe not at all for several patches. Like come on now. We killed Zenos. Psych he's still alive! Psych its an Ascian! Wait who's that weird Elezen chasing after Alphinaud in the Magitek? Surely we'll see next patch - Psych, you don't! There's a crazy weird young new Garlean character that's talkin shit right at the Emperor's face. Psych, its his grandfather! Psych he's also an Ascian! He don't even need a body host or some shit just BE a dead guy! Oh also double Psych, the whole empire was founded by Ascians!

You gotta fight the Azim steppe tribes again. Because, you know, we don't OWN their asses because of a giant plot point from the expansion MSQ. I feel like that whole entire section was unwarranted given that we shouldn't have to PROVE TO ANYONE ANYMORE HOW GOOD WE ARE AT BEING THE MAIN CHARACTER/GOD.

Also stop making me play as other characters in story quests. I don't want to. Shit's dumb.

Then another mega over arching plot where the Scions are being 'called.' So some of their souls just up and bounce. I'm sorry but honestly this plot is getting so god damn convoluted and what pisses me off the most about it, is that we don't even NEED the Ascians to really have a good story. Like they don't even show up sometimes for like 6 to 8 months worth of patch shit (And granted that's like 1-2 story patches these days), and nobody even misses them.

God damn it. I dunno why I'm even so worked up about it.

Also I'm tired of doing side story dungeons for stupid ass reasons. Basically shit clogged up the Arbortorium and the warrior of light has to go unclog it. Also it was evil somehow. Idk.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes, I do agree that the story has gotten very, very, very anime this expansion.

Also an odd thing for someone like myself to complain about, but the first-two bosses of both the new dungeons have laughably low HP, which is a shame since I actually really like the boss encounters overall, and they're only going to die even quicker once people get geared up this tier.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven19 View Post

This game's story over the past two or three patches since Zenos bit the dust has gone completely stupid. Today it hit me why its really bothering me - It has the same plot twist tempo that The Last Jedi seemed to have.

Every story patch now feels like it has too many plot twists or weird sorta plot elements that just aren't explained well, and maybe not at all for several patches. Like come on now. We killed Zenos. Psych he's still alive! Psych its an Ascian! Wait who's that weird Elezen chasing after Alphinaud in the Magitek? Surely we'll see next patch - Psych, you don't! There's a crazy weird young new Garlean character that's talkin shit right at the Emperor's face. Psych, its his grandfather! Psych he's also an Ascian! He don't even need a body host or some shit just BE a dead guy! Oh also double Psych, the whole empire was founded by Ascians!

You gotta fight the Azim steppe tribes again. Because, you know, we don't OWN their asses because of a giant plot point from the expansion MSQ. I feel like that whole entire section was unwarranted given that we shouldn't have to PROVE TO ANYONE ANYMORE HOW GOOD WE ARE AT BEING THE MAIN CHARACTER/GOD.

Also stop making me play as other characters in story quests. I don't want to. Shit's dumb.

Then another mega over arching plot where the Scions are being 'called.' So some of their souls just up and bounce. I'm sorry but honestly this plot is getting so god damn convoluted and what pisses me off the most about it, is that we don't even NEED the Ascians to really have a good story. Like they don't even show up sometimes for like 6 to 8 months worth of patch shit (And granted that's like 1-2 story patches these days), and nobody even misses them.

Also I'm tired of doing side story dungeons for stupid ass reasons. Basically shit clogged up the Arbortorium and the warrior of light has to go unclog it. Also it was evil somehow. Idk.

I'm actually pretty fine with it.

First I had to scream at the screen because I thought they killed my bitch husbando, but turns out it's all a ploy to force Alisaie character growth. She's best girl anyway, so nbd. Soul calling is definitely an anime trope, but we can't pretend like the story hasn't been moving towards this all along: a select few groups "know" that the balance between light and darkness has to be kept in check - this is what we've been told by the Ascians, anyway - and one of those groups is now screwing with possibly the only group of people in the world who can meaningfully affect events, trying to get them to choose balance instead of too much light. It'll be interesting to see who it is. My guess is aliens from the moon :D

As for Garlemald being Ascians...well, it's always Ascians, isn't it? (Except for that one time it was our mirrorworld doppelgangers). I assume the game's main plot will essentially end with another calamity being brought down, partly by our erroneous actions so we come full circle from 1.0, Deus ex Hydaleyn saving our asses and leaving our world to its own devices so she can't poison it with light or whatever, a bunch of characters dying nobly (my money's on Thancred and Alphinaud because all my favorite characters always die and one twin always has to die), WoL and friends dissolving Garlemald post-crisis and kicking out the Ascians forever. Oops, I made up my own anime ending.

Beating down the Steppe tribes is what they wanted in exchange for their loyalty and manpower (they've all got a few screws loose from too many axe hits to the head). Not a bad deal, really.

...I like playing story characters in battles, but the implementation is pretty bad. You're telling me all Y'shtola can do is 4 spells? Please. I suspected people who avoid playing healers because they don't like it would hate that part, though.

Anyway, Ascians are pretty heavy-handed overall and I'm not a big fan of them and their evil mastermind shit either. Story would actually be much better if it was Game of Thrones-style head-bashing, kingslaying and espionage and none of this Scooby Doo Ascian unmasking as the main plot twist every expansion...but it's far too late for that now, so they're all in with the "everything was Ascians all along!"

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post

I'm actually pretty fine with it.

First I had to scream at the screen because I thought they killed my bitch husbando, but turns out it's all a ploy to force Alisaie character growth. She's best girl anyway, so nbd. Soul calling is definitely an anime trope, but we can't pretend like the story hasn't been moving towards this all along: a select few groups "know" that the balance between light and darkness has to be kept in check - this is what we've been told by the Ascians, anyway - and one of those groups is now screwing with possibly the only group of people in the world who can meaningfully affect events, trying to get them to choose balance instead of too much light. It'll be interesting to see who it is. My guess is aliens from the moon :D

As for Garlemald being Ascians...well, it's always Ascians, isn't it? (Except for that one time it was our mirrorworld doppelgangers). I assume the game's main plot will essentially end with another calamity being brought down, partly by our erroneous actions so we come full circle from 1.0, Deus ex Hydaleyn saving our asses and leaving our world to its own devices so she can't poison it with light or whatever, a bunch of characters dying nobly (my money's on Thancred and Alphinaud because all my favorite characters always die and one twin always has to die), WoL and friends dissolving Garlemald post-crisis and kicking out the Ascians forever. Oops, I made up my own anime ending.

Beating down the Steppe tribes is what they wanted in exchange for their loyalty and manpower (they've all got a few screws loose from too many axe hits to the head). Not a bad deal, really.

...I like playing story characters in battles, but the implementation is pretty bad. You're telling me all Y'shtola can do is 4 spells? Please. I suspected people who avoid playing healers because they don't like it would hate that part, though.

Anyway, Ascians are pretty heavy-handed overall and I'm not a big fan of them and their evil mastermind shit either. Story would actually be much better if it was Game of Thrones-style head-bashing, kingslaying and espionage and none of this Scooby Doo Ascian unmasking as the main plot twist every expansion...but it's far too late for that now, so they're all in with the "everything was Ascians all along!"
    Ascians are just the new Odin!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not sure I follow you on this. Half of those plot points are already explained well enough (Zenos has the Echo which is why he's still alive, although in another body because his was stolen by an Ascian as seen multiple times by this point) and the other half is building up to the expansion (Scions being "called", the Empire being created by Ascians, etc.) so obviously it's there to fuel speculation among fans. Side stories are silly but who really cares? And no, playing as other characters isn't dumb <_<
    The only thing I'd agree with is the repeated plot point of finding ancient Allag machinery that conveniently helps the Scions achieve their goals but you didn't even mention that lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

@ Silenka
    I guess I should expect anine troupes because this game is basically animu. I just get so tired of the Ascians being a main plot point because the game has so much character potential elsewhere. Like you mentioned the GoT style story telling with more political intrigue. So like the Teleji Adalaleji plot and all that set up was great. I loved how they tricked Raubahn to go full rage mode.

@Alkar
    Okay its fully possible that I missed this, but when does it state that having the echo makes it so you can captain Ginyu your way to another body?

I don't like the idea that the empire was created by the Ascians because I feel like it takes away from who they are and their story. They are without direct access to the aether/magic so they became masters of technology. They reverse engineer Allagan shit and create magitek. I love that idea, its why some of them can be antiheroes in a sense. Being founded by Ascians somehow cheapens that idea for me.

I wouldn't mind playing as other characters if they didn't boil it down to 4 abilities like its the first dungeon. Having to spam stone and run around and occasionally cure is one sixth what I was literally just doing on RDM two minutes prior.

And f I was so annoyed with literally everything else I forgot about THAT ONE. That one same troupe. The convenient ruin that has the convenient widget.

Also while we're here geographically, the burn should have literally been us fighting that Giant sandworm moving through the entire dungeon. Running on its back. Sneaking by. Attacking through each boss 'room.' Instead it was just an admittedly neat looking aesthetic piece.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Okay its fully possible that I missed this, but when does it state that having the echo makes it so you can captain Ginyu your way to another body?
    Patch 2.2

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Patch 2.2
    ffs

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I like the story, guess it’s not for everyone though. Best part of the MSQ however was
    ”Little..?”

Bruh was so defeated lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I like the story, guess it’s not for everyone though. Best part of the MSQ however was
    ”Little..?”

Bruh was so defeated lol
    Alright yeah I'm with you on that.