1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably so they can keep it to ARR because honestly I don't know what they'll add for 4.5

Also I hope the cutscene is unskippable.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

My GF is betting on Alex for 4.5

I love the excuse of "we did titan 3 times, doing it a 4th time would be bad!" Here we are with our 4th Ultima encounter that no one was asking for.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

What's wrong with ultima as an ultimate trial? Could be pretty hard...

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

i like the idea of ultima as an ultimate. potentially the gear will look nice and techy as well. and ultima weapon being what it is for the series, is woefully presented in this game. this will allow the character to as a hard extra boss like thing

I would also want to nominate Odin for the next next ultimate. He was hard when it first came out, but it would be nice for him to return including mechanics from his FATE version.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Bring in a kneel or rest emote to mitigate zantetsuken.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They won't touch Alex until 5.X series.

Ultima will at least be nice because we've never gotten weapons from the fight. Plus with the theatrics involved from Praetorium it could be really fun (Rather than dumb as you melt his face in, wait for hydaelyn to do her thing, and meld down everything else).

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

$5/mo to play with your inventory on your phone and double your saddlebag space. wonder what theyll monetize next lmao. this shit is legit F2P MMO tier

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Premium Club membership, $18/yr to have 40 character slots, 5 VIP character slots and the ability to convert current characters to VIP characters.

VIP Characters enjoy the benefits of:
    Top priority in queue
    Able to migrate to congested servers even if they're locked!
    Access to the Premium App
    Additional 20 Kupo tokens for your Premium App every month if paying for the premium app service
    Access to Exclusive VIP timed nodes
    +150 Inventory Space
    Chocobo Satchel II - +100 additional inventory slots
    Access to 10 additional Glamour Plates
    Double regeneration rate of Gathering Points(GP)
    Exclusive access to Tier 3 Mount Speed in all zones
    Return of the Need function in 24-man raids

VIP Veteran Rewards
    - Sub consecutively for 360 days to receive Wind-up Toaster Cat - Not a rip off of Poptart Cat
    - Sub consecutively for 560 days to receive Sephiroth Glamour!
    - Sub consecutively for 720 days to receive Fenrir - Cloud's Motorcycle Mount!
    - Sub consecutively for 1440 days to receive Wind up Golden Bahamut & Steiner's Tin Armour!

* All rewards will not be changed from the time required to obtain
    ** If your subscription runs out and you do not re-sub within 14 days of the sub being dropped you will be reset to 0 days of consecutive VIP sub
    *** There is no way we will ever consider changing the time required to obtain these rewards in the next 4 years.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

VIP Characters enjoy the benefits of:
    Top priority in queue
    Able to migrate to congested servers even if they're locked!
    Access to the Premium App
    Additional 20 Kupo tokens for your Premium App every month if paying for the premium app service
    Access to Exclusive VIP timed nodes
    +150 Inventory Space
    Chocobo Satchel II - +100 additional inventory slots
    Access to 10 additional Glamour Plates
    Double regeneration rate of Gathering Points(GP)
    Exclusive access to Tier 3 Mount Speed in all zones
    Return of the Need function in 24-man raids
    wtf

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

ngh, housing in this game.

Anyone know if any sites exist that poll data from servers on housing availability? checking manually on a server to server basis by creating alts is practically impossible (esp. looking at shirogane)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No. Good luck trying to find a house that isn't snapped up instantly. If you wanna throw gil at your problems you can try here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVhousingmarket/

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    No. Good luck trying to find a house that isn't snapped up instantly. If you wanna throw gil at your problems you can try here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVhousingmarket/
    Hm, I'll keep an eye on that one, thanks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The funniest part of this all is it all started because NA OF begged to buy Fantasias without realizing it'd lead to SE going deeper in the rabbit hole on how they'll charge us..and thus, mogstation and stuff like this is born. I'm not enough of a hoarder to fall for an extra $5/mo ontop of the 6 months at a time I pay with crysta reserves, but if it offered, Idk..the usual premium perks of a F2P MMO, I'd do it.

I guess it'll take SE dropping the sub for people to realize we've long been in F2P territory, not even the good kind of F2P either. They'll restore our extra 1-2 dungeons but need a mog station item to access it soon enough.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    The funniest part of this all is it all started because NA OF begged to buy Fantasias without realizing it'd lead to SE going deeper in the rabbit hole on how they'll charge us..and thus, mogstation and stuff like this is born. I'm not enough of a hoarder to fall for an extra $5/mo ontop of the 6 months at a time I pay with crysta reserves, but if it offered, Idk..the usual premium perks of a F2P MMO, I'd do it.

I guess it'll take SE dropping the sub for people to realize we've long been in F2P territory, not even the good kind of F2P either. They'll restore our extra 1-2 dungeons but need a mog station item to access it soon enough.
    We just have a hybridized monetization model in FFXIV, which has both subscription and f2p elements. This is Yoshi-P's vision of a successful monetization model and part of their design plan.

Proof:
    Spoiler: show

Source: 2014 GDC Conference presentation by Naoki Yoshida
    Links: Presentation slides; English video

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

so his idea of hybridization is charging a full blown sub price in addition to full blown F2P elements. lel. funny 'cause hybrid jobs in the game don't follow this same philosophy!

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

So the F2P model is implemented once every 6 months to give players 96hours of play time in which they should be able to experience all past and current content and exhaust said content in that time frame.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

The less popular games in the FFXIV Theme Park are fully f2p. I mean all the Gold Saucer minigames (which is accessible to lvl 15 free trial characters) and PvP (which is again accessible to lvl 30 free trial characters, on equal terms with paying customers, except for ranked matches).

PvE is the premium game. You need to buy base game + expansion and a subscription to experience it after level 35. And there are also all the "optional" mogstation items and services on top of it, that would be natural for a f2p. There have been no paid items/services at game launch, but more and more of them are being added gradually, so that players get used to them before each next step.

As to different f2p monetization tricks, the most popular one among FFXIV developers seem to be "Fun Pain" related to inventory space. Another prominent feature is the threat of automatic housing demolition in case if you don't stay subscribed for longer than 45 days. And now we are also getting a purchasable premium currency (moogle coins) in the mobile app.

"Please look forward to more..." (c) Yoshi-P.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can appreciate the fact that they've been alleviating the pain of inventory management in this expansion. The expansion of item stacks to x999. Your base inventory getting +40 slots (Even if the expanded inventory window took a nerf) and the free 70 slots from the chocobo bag and a glamour chest with 200 slots that in 4.3 we'll be able to swap gear in and out with.

Kinda sucks they're locking a second page to the chocobo bag to a $5/mo additional subscription but for that price you might as well just grab a retainer or two and get free gil from ventures.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

did a 1chest clear for my gf's char yesterday and she gets healer body

/wrist

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    did a 1chest clear for my gf's char yesterday and she gets healer body

/wrist

So your ingame GF got a drop you didn't?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast