1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 28 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Even as a tank the final stretch to hit 80 is feeling like hell. Southern Front feels sluggish due to all the downtime between FATEs/Criticals and the dungeon queue isn't much better.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Why on earth would you do Bozja for leveling a tank? DPS sure I could maybe understand but you're pretty much gaurenteed to get faster exp through a dungeon than through Bozja, especially if you have the exp earring from Bozja.

BG Level

Force of habit and it was pretty active when I first started leveling.

Maybe I'm just queuing incorrect since I'm trying to do the Shadowbringer dungeons but other than the first 2 my queues are 10+ minutes. That and healers lately have been ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

BG Level

Also is there any reason why they put the Shadowbringers AF armor upgrades behind an expert trials this time around? Just seems stupid given how old the trial is now that there isn't an alternative way to get the variants you can dye.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That felt like a throwaway trial in general, including the rewards

BG Level

I never did EX trails before so wouldn't know. All I know is I'd love to be able to dye my gunbreaker armor to get rid of that ugly greenish/blue coat.

BG Level

Also is it me or does Blue Mage feel like a half-baked concept? I just find it ironic a job that can't do duties/etc. the standard way relies on duties for a good chunk of its magic.

You're not alone in feeling like they got their wires crossed there. That said, full BLU parties are better off now than they were at 50 cap thanks to having healing options besides White Wind. Unfortunately, this also means young BLUs have to rely on more established BLUs (Mog Pom and Aetherial Mimicry needing lv50 content) who may be bored if not just having a level 80 friend unsync through old dungeons/trials repeatedly. The Alexander spells have personally been my bane under current cap, since I'm not going to try to bang my head against the wall hoping to find 7 other BLUs. At the same time, it's a hard sell dragging 2-3 unsynced people to make sure the fights go smoothly for what could be an 0/50+ drop.

I would also not be against multi-stage Carnivale fights saving your progress between rounds since some of them are very much, "Do the dance or die!"

More pragmatically, I'd rather them try to make BLU a main job and balance things better, but I suppose XI's iteration spoiled me in that a decent melee mage can actually exist if devs try.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Blu was a lot more fun when they raised cap to 60, than what it was at 50, but yeah, I can imagine missing the initial train on spell hunting leads to some frustration

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    (Mog Pom and Aetherial Mimicry needing lv50 content)
    They really need to add Mimicry as obtainable via Carnival. Don't care if it means them having to budget some of the newer puzzles to come (assuming we're getting more as part of 70-cap raise) to be a lower-difficulty for new BLUs.

Been playing some BLU in XI here again during its free playtime, which is spoiling me with some of the more recent'ish spells I've been learning on it (hi Mighty Guard & Sinker Drill), and it makes me want ARR BLU to have more things to maintain besides a single DoT.

We already have 50 versions of a 220pot attack & 200pot AoE currently, and we probably won't get any more than 1 new offgcd CDs that don't share a cooldown with existing skills, if we're lucky. Give me a spell speed buff skill or something.

BG Level

Glad my feeling on BLU is mutual among others. I just don't have the patience for "strike while the iron is hot or suffer" content any more. I hated it in FFXIV and in FFXIV v1.0

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It’s honestly not hard, just start a group for whatever spell you need in party finder and people will join. They might even end up sticking with you to do multiple. And BLU getting a level cap increase in the next update, it’s popularity will rise even further.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Was FFXI BLU even much different for spells? If you needed to learning something from like a Vagary zone I image it would be pretty hard to find any help these days.

There were some out of reach spells, yeah, but most were locked to Unbridled Learning use and the good trait combos didn't really rely on having them. The WKR ones at least had the benefit of campaigns fueling trains you could sneak into, but ones like Yumcax were still not fought often on my server back when. Can only imagine it's worse now. Otherwise, soloing spells opened up a lot with ilvl some content just being easily spammable enough to target your desired mob(s) and GTFO like with dual-ele spells. Trying to get some "naturally" like from the ToAU HNMs would be dumb without Assaults or Abyssea.

But really, what made XI's BLU "better" was your spell configuration really made a difference because the spells were also often markedly different. I can understand the balance struggle looking at the class through the XIV lens, but they could've easily let the job occupy any role slot in the PF if they met some specific conditions with set spells, and possibly penalties to those outside that role. Having a bunch of same potency spells is dumb and I've never been fond of whatever "rotations" has spawned of the class between the caps.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

XI having actual buff/debuff roles allowed BLU to be far more flexible with how it wanted to perform its role also depending on party comp. Just really wish they'd increase the duration on some of their skills (Cocoon/NatMeditation come to mind) to lower buff maintenance time, and perhaps lower Diffusion to 5min, as broken as that might make Mighty Guard.

Really wish they'd drop coinflip roulette and just roll it into 80 roulette w/ the current expert reward.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Really wish they'd drop coinflip roulette and just roll it into 80 roulette w/ the current expert reward.
    This so much.

Or give me a hard version of Twinning and change nothing else.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Stupid ass game. I get my 20/20/20 memories and go try to hand in quest but my weapon must be in my inventory yet i can't have it in my inventory as i have no other weapon of the same type with me lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Stupid ass game. I get my 20/20/20 memories and go try to hand in quest but my weapon must be in my inventory yet i can't have it in my inventory as i have no other weapon of the same type with me lol
    Yeah, no idea why they still do dumb stuff like that sometimes

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Yeah it's stupid. I had to go back to the smith in The Tempest to pick up my exclusive weapon/armor sets.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Yeah it's stupid. I had to go back to the smith in The Tempest to pick up my exclusive weapon/armor sets.
    Shit that's a good idea. Was it free? I spent 170gil over in Kugana pier to buy a replica on my eureka weapon lol. But now I feel cheated if you just got that for free.

(yes I know it's a small amount of gil but still! haha)