1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 3 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

people who steal your spot in o5n during the mist phase

I realize that is a decidedly small potatoes complaint for numerous reasons, but when it happens three times in a row it's like... really? I was standing here. you were not. now we're both standing here. THIS IS NOT OK

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    people who steal your spot in o5n during the mist phase

I realize that is a decidedly small potatoes complaint for numerous reasons, but when it happens three times in a row it's like... really? I was standing here. you were not. now we're both standing here. THIS IS NOT OK
    It's worse in savage on some pugs lol. Like you see me here..now that's time and dps loss.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    It's worse in savage on some pugs lol. Like you see me here..now that's time and dps loss.
    how... does that even happen on savage? THE GHOSTS ARE COLOR CODED, PEOPLE. or do you just mean one healer stealing another healer's ghost or something like that?

either way I weep for humanity lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    how... does that even happen on savage? THE GHOSTS ARE COLOR CODED, PEOPLE. or do you just mean one healer stealing another healer's ghost or something like that?

either way I weep for humanity lol
    Yep, you'd be surprised how some people don't understand the concept of color coding since god forbid they figure out the sizes lol.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What color coding I thought you just sent the WAR in and omg win.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Or RDM or SAM, I think both of those jobs can also do it. But yeah, it's worse in savage when you get people who just want your ghost for some reason.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

No such thing with some pug groups lol.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

Kinda sucks they're locking a second page to the chocobo bag to a $5/mo additional subscription but for that price you might as well just grab a retainer or two and get free gil from ventures.
    When I see that I'm being manipulated to make a payment (like in this case with artificial shortage of inventory space in the game) my reaction is not to pay, but rather to decrease my engagement (in this case with activities that require inventory space).

The same thing is true with payments, that give an ingame advantage over not paying players. In this case, the ingame auction (the market board) is a very competitive place, and both retainers and the new mobile app provide accessibility + quantity advantages with access to it for additional fees. Crafting is also a competitive activity when done for sale, and additional inventory space and retainer ventures are both beneficial to it.

What I'm ready to pay for is new content that is interesting to play for its own sake (not just because of rewards). And for systems that add replayability to existing content (Like why are boss fights in FFXIV so rigidly scripted that you can write down the exact boss rotation? If most of the attacks were in random order instead, it would add so much more replayability (because of anticipation of the unknown and all the funny situations that result from different boss attack combinations). My guess is that this is because Square Enix is very fond of having control over the pace at which content is consumed by players; having random sequences of boss attacks would mean that some tries would be much easier than others, and SE's ability to keep control over the pace of content consumption by micromanaging boss fights difficulty would be noticeably undermined.).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag