1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Random Complaint Thread III: Zenos was the best part of SB

I: Look forward to it
    https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...ount-to-potato

This thread is not for whiteknighting.

Posts may get moved to here if they are OF-level bitching.

Complaint thread rule 101:

DO NOT BITCH ABOUT PEOPLE BITCHING IN A BITCH THREAD.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    DO NOT BITCH ABOUT PEOPLE BITCHING IN A BITCH THREAD.
    But that's the best part of BG.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    But that's the best part of BG.
    God damn Fiye.. Always causin a scene.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

to continue the last thread, at least I'm not the only one ignoring Aetherpact. I mean it's ok. I used it in the massive pull in Ala Mhigo and though I could have done fine without it, it did help. I guess that's the problem with it; it's useful and all when there's a lot of single-target damage coming in over a period of time, but how often is there enough damage, spread over a large enough timeframe, that the skill becomes really useful? it happens, but not much.

today's complaint:

here is how potd works: find portal. kill mobs until portal activates. use portal.

here is how bads play potd: KILL EVERYTHING BURN IT ALL DOWN

I have developed a technique for dealing with the latter idiots. it's called the "sit my ass on the portal and watch Netflix" technique. works pretty well tbh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My favorite is when DPS don't use the DPS enhancing stuff. Like CMON.

Nah instead let my bitch tank ass use that shit. Less effective but hey at least its not going to waste smh.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

omg I had that the other day. had three pomanders of strength and I ended up using one as WHM when we found a fourth in a chest. smh indeed.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

People queue into matched potd with different goals. The people who are killing everything are probably farming potsherds/silver chests. Not everyone is gonna be doing fixed parties for those goals, so it falls to matched parties to agree on their goals (or incessantly fight about it as the people who just want levels don't want to farm anything).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Complaint:

Motherfuckers who still can't do Zurvan without wiping to seals. I get it, especially on Aether, that people don't know how to play the game or their jobs so it's very likely to never skip the first set of seals, but is it that damn hard to use your eyes? I don't mean "learning/clear" parties, I mean "farm parties."

On the topic of primals, I can't wait for people to wipe endlessly on Byakko because of said inability to use their eyes -_- This game really needs to stop pandering and start teaching people, I know they'd likely lose a lot (more) players if you suddenly had to use your brain in progression outside of savage content, but I wonder if casuals will ever start getting tired of face slamming their way to victory.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That'll never fucking change. Trying to get a decent farm on Sephirot is still a crap shot.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I have developed a technique for dealing with the latter idiots. it's called the "sit my ass on the portal and watch Netflix" technique. works pretty well tbh
    Until you get votekicked for this (which has happened to me)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    That'll never fucking change. Trying to get a decent farm on Sephirot is still a crap shot.
    And people ask why I went ahead and farmed 99x shinryu totems when it's relevant, cause pugs get worse and worse lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Was in Sohm Al to give my friend an instant queue as tank, we ended up with a BRD who never used Wind/Viper Bites on monsters, they would rain of death once as cooldown was allowing it during big pulls too... I am going back into my tanking mood and this is the kind of ppl I get in my welcome back party..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since you were with a friend I would've just quietly vote kicked (Coordinating via discord or what have you). You'd get a replacement pretty fast.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    People queue into matched potd with different goals. The people who are killing everything are probably farming potsherds/silver chests. Not everyone is gonna be doing fixed parties for those goals, so it falls to matched parties to agree on their goals (or incessantly fight about it as the people who just want levels don't want to farm anything).
    hadn't thought of that. although I would argue that 95% or more of people are farming XP, so it's up to the person who wants to farm chests to either put up a PF, go with our flow, or do his/her own thing and piss off 3/4 of the party in the bargain. all good options

not really a fail but: did you know there is still Steps of Faith drama? not final steps - just normal steps. yep. I would have been annoyed if it wasn't so funny watching people get worked up about this shit

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

RDM queued into shihei with a nq ilv115 weapon (The one they give you to start with)

Bullied so hard they left the dungeon.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

oh so this is how it's gonna be, is it??

ewer -> spire -> ewer -> ewer -> spire -> spire

GOD DAMN YOU, RNGESUS

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Farming Arboretum for a plague bringer's coat for my RDM. Seen every body there except that and the tank one in about 30 runs so far.

Glamour - the true FFXIV endgame.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by darkepyon View Post
    Farming Arboretum for a plague bringer's coat for my RDM. Seen every body there except that and the tank one in about 30 runs so far.

Glamour - the true FFXIV endgame.
    go with a friend tank in unsynch, finish the dungeon and it will drop at some point. dung will take less than 10 mins too

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

this is not even a complaint it just makes me roll my eyes every time:

why do people cast protect before everyone has loaded in? you're just going to have to cast it again.

bonus points: in this case it was a whm who didn't raise me (I'm the other WHM) when I got ass-raped by Titan and kept casting Cure I, no Regen, and Medica (no Medica II)

cause people are impatient and don't wait for protect before pulling in a trial, it's not like the MP needed to cast protect matters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast