Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Shards/Void being sellable on AH would surely make for faster sells and slightly less load on inventory. I know I have like 20 inventory slots occupied by shards/void shit atm, it's a pain really.
    It's 10 potential inventory slots for each job.
    Imagine people who are gathering mats for multiple jobs, it's insane, period.

Granted on one hand I like that those items are job-specific, adds more "flavour" to farming runs.
    They should've made it in a different way though.
    With every shard/void (of the current zone) being a potential drop from EVERY monster, but then job-specific ones (i.e. related to the current monster's job) having a higher chance.
    NMs are fine like this, but having them job-bound for normal monsters as well is a bit of a pain imho.
    I mean, there are pros as well, I just would've liked it more if things were how I described them.

Wonder how long we'll have to wait for an entry cooldown reduction and how long for the first divergence campaign.
    May, maybe? Or am I being too optimistic? When did the first Omen campaign appear? Was it may? June? Omen launched in the same timeframe iir. November, just one year before Divergence.
    Being AH-able would also require being mailable (including to same account characters,) so it would take a lot more load than 10 slots off a lot of our inventories. Can honestly accomplish the same thing now using a middleman, which either requires only someone you can trust or a 2nd account, so I don't get what the devs' resistance is to being mailable. :/

Big diff w/ Omen is that the complete event was released all at the same time, w/ the bonus content of Ou being tacked on later. DD was doled out over a long period, so they could start the schedule from the last zone just as likely as the first. My guess is that the soonest we'd see a DD campaign would be around August/September. They are not done adding things to DD after all. Still have the weapons to come, then time allowed after that to see how they go over, so the content isn't dead enough to need a campaign of any sort yet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Hizamaru+2 "Counter+" set bonus = +4 for first 2 pieces, +4 for each additional piece, total of Counter+16 for the full set. Not 100.0% sure that this includes the ring.. They may have forgotten about it, or it might not do anything beyond "the cap".

... Does this mean we should be re-examining ALL the set bonuses to match up to 4x base bonus maximum?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

That's how all of the salvage ambuscade armor works (cap set bonus with 5 pieces not 6).

Idk about the second set of armors, I don't think the +2 for it were out yet last I played.

It was already known that you get "base bonus" x5 with 6 pieces.

"after the first"

Inyanga+2 x5 = 4 refresh + ring = 5 refresh nothing in question. They asked about Hizamaru because counter is a hidden stat. (and no literally one cares about subtle blow on the ares pieces)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    It was already known that you get "base bonus" x5 with 6 pieces.

"after the first"

Inyanga+2 x5 = 4 refresh + ring = 5 refresh nothing in question. They asked about Hizamaru because counter is a hidden stat. (and no literally one cares about subtle blow on the ares pieces)
    Unless they updated something, this is wrong. It used to be

2 pieces: 1 refresh
    3: 2 refresh
    4: 3 refresh
    5: 4 refresh
    6: still 4 refresh

Holy shit it is broken. Interesting.

Meg regen is 0 3 6 9 12 12

Mummu + 0 8 16 24 32 32

I've never actually used all 6 pieces of either set before. The BGwiki pages are all wrong then. 6/6 is only +32 not 40 stat.

Campaign
    BG Level

Did they ninjanerf it last patch? Or has it always been like this? Surprised nobody noticed before, pretty easy to catch with the second set of Ambuscade sets.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It was like that whenever the first set of +2 armor and rings came out.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's been that way and sorry if the wiki was wrong I thought everyone knew you can mix and match 5 pieces including ring for max bonus but a 6th piece is useless.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Darvamos View Post
    It's been that way and sorry if the wiki was wrong I thought everyone knew you can mix and match 5 pieces including ring for max bonus but a 6th piece is useless.
    Someone fire this guy.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Someone complained about the wording of the response about Hizamaru set bonus. Devs corrected (and noted the correction) what was said so that it is more clear. System-wise, the maximum limit is 5x pieces which are able to apply towards a "set bonus".
    For all of the Ambuscade set bonuses that can be verified for a single tier (2pc bonus), we should probably go back thru and do so, since we now have official word that it works this way. Are there any exceptions to the equal increment steps in set bonuses anywhere else in the game?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

April Update Notice is up.

NA1/JP1) We will be able to get enough mats for the new Ambuscade cape augment slot for up to three capes per month. Oddly enough, the wording implies that the new augments may not be 100% defensive. "Most of these new augments are defensive in nature". Also sounds like they are adding some sort of campaign-like thing to Divergence, so each week one zone gets designated as a "bonus area" where there will be a bonus to item drops. I'm guessing this is intended to help cover the drop in currency that will happen once we stop getting newbie bonuses.

There is also an unmentioned note at the bottom about adding spell scrolls to NPCs... No idea what that one is about.

Probably some of the BC drops that no one does anymore.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

April Campaign Listing is up:

NA1/JP1) Campaigns start April 11th at 0100 PDT.

Surprisingly, they are already adding a DD campaign!
    Quote Originally Posted by POL
    Dynamis - Divergence Statue Crusher Campaign

Players will earn additional rewards when besting statues in Dynamis – Divergence.
    Dynamis - Divergence Statue Crusher Campaign
    Abyssea Campaign
    Surge Walk Campaign
    High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign
    Wanted Dial Campaign
    Chocobo Digging Skill Increase Campaign

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Probably some of the BC drops that no one does anymore.
    They already have an ilvl campaign that provides those so wouldn't make much sense IMO to triple up sources. The best guesses I can come up with are either lowbie spells that have always been mob drops only (ie: Silence) OR stuff like Maiden's Virelai which have uses other than learning the spell.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Don't normally bother with this but.. April's update is going to be much earlier than most have been expecting.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...%28Apr.-3-4%29

If you've been putting off Ambuscade thinking you'd have time before reset, think again. >_>;;

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Weekly devpost summary. Nothing new.

JP2) Someone asked about Sulevia+2. Value is +5 to +20, in +5 increments.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Heads-up post about the quested scrolls being added to an NPC. They will be explaining this decision later.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Cipher: Shantotto II will be available in May, along with the normally available-in-May Trizek Ring and Cipher:Amchuchu from the Spring/Fall Extravaganza. Sounds like Shan2 should also be available in November somehow.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Weekly devpost summary. Minor clarification on the scrolls being added to the NPC: This is the first stage. They are planning to add more. From the context of the originating thread, I'd bet on BCNM drops next, possibly followed by annoying must-be-farmed scrolls that have other uses.

JP2) Clarification on Arcane Glyptic Campaign benefits apply to all tiers of stones.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag