Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Sword and shield are obviously from the HTMB. They are kam'lanaats
    Makes sense. Never checked his gear, but was right after they said they were adding new limited drops to it. ^^;;

Wouldn't that make the new acronym... DREAM Weapons?
    Hah... I called that in like 2015 that they needed to add a "d" based weapon for that exact reason... now I'll have to find my quote u_u

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    First pass on Freshly Picked 39! \0/

* Ambuscade: V2 = Imp, V1 = Goblins

* Divergence: They brought up the new incoming weapons, and I think they said that they are comparable to REMA. >_>;; Will be going back thru it after it gets archived to try to pick out the actual wording, so don't panic just yet, but everything about their tone of voice and what I did catch puts the Divergence weapons equal or better than REMA. <_<;; Wait a sec.. Divergence weapons on par with REMA.... Wouldn't that make the new acronym... DREAM Weapons? XD

* Alter Ego Enhancement:
    ** Quest requirements: Possess "Job Breaker" KI, all AA Trusts, 86 Trusts.
    ** Stretch goal: Job Point like system, capped at 150. (Sorry, didn't catch if this really is per Trust character, or if it's an overall system thing.. Betting on individuals just 'cuz that'd be more annoying. =_=;;)
    ** Trust Level = Average Item level + Number of non-Trust Party Members

* "Over Picked Vana'diel" XD (the 16th anniversary section)
    ** After laughing about the segment name for a while, they went straight into talking about a bright blue lance (that's also been talked about on FFXIAH recently.) If I caught enough of the story...: They started getting a bunch of GM calls about Blurred Spear appearing with a bright blue appearance. They figured out that this was caused by a dat mod that was slipped into 3rd party map pack. They chatted about this for quite a while, but I did not catch what, if any, punishments are going out to those who reported the issue (since doing so is essentially equivalent to telling SE "I'm cheating". XD On my list of segments to go over more carefully after the livecast is archived.)
    ** Premium Mooblin Battle: Cornelia statue is intended to be "premium" and was emphasized on this repeatedly.. Guessing it's got a unique moghancement (Moghancement: Haste maybe? <,<)

* Return to Delkfutt's Tower HTB: Limited time loot will be added
    ** Showed off new cosmetic sword and shield, which are Kamlanaut's.
    Didn't catch where they come from. ><;;
    *** There will be two more similar events this year.

* Mog Bonanza starts May 16th.
    ** Mog Bonanza: New Rank4 prize: lv1 Great Sword, Brave Blade II

* Screenshot Campaign: They will be giving 500 players (per campaign for 4x campaigns this year) another shot at getting one of the recent prizes: Aurum Coffer, Pretty Pink Subligar, Well.

* In the closing statements, they went on at length about the STF, how to contact them, etc. Sort of think I heard them asking players to not include the names of suspected offenders in publically visible media, and that they can't just hit a button and instantly see proof that yep, that guy's cheating, so it will normally take a while before punishments are handed out. :-| Could be totally wrong of course since sleepiness has already caught up to me. Will try to verify in 2nd pass, but backup would be nice.

~~ Will be going back to fill in blanks from the screenshots I took of the PowerPoint slides after the livecast is over.
    ~~~ As always for these, as I am up at 9am and haven't slept in over 24hrs, and I'm limited to a single pass while it's live (maybe two if I think I'll be able to catch something for sure and willing to risk missing something else down the line,) I reserve the right to make a few mistakes. :3
    ~~~~ OK. I'm done for now. Good night! :D

FP39 was already archived by the time I woke up, so going back thru it now. Pretty sure I slept thru the Ambuscade fight the first time now. XD Which means I have to rewatch the whole thing rather than cherry pick the stuff that I already knew needed a second pass. Will update this post with anything new to report.

* Ambuscade V2: Imp (Heimdallr, BRD) + 4x Bas-relief (gargouille)
    ** Looks like a typical "hit boss to turn on an add > kill > repeat til win" fight.
    ** Fujito solo'd V2 Normal with trusts for demo. In the 3min demo, he managed to take down 3x adds as a 1Haxe/shield WAR/DNC.
    ** Adds look to be quite squishy. Went down after ~2x ws each. Don't despawn (turn back to stone instead) so possible they reactivate thru the fight or the like.

* Divergence: Would love some translation backup from anyone actually fluent for this section. Discussion starts @ 38:44, ends @ 43:44.
    ** Talked about mega boss being unrequired for anything so far. General idea they had as they wanted the zone bosses to be more of a fun/challenge thing, like Master Trials.
    ** The closest we have to an official naming for the incoming crafted weapons is "Expensive weapons". XD They say it as a joke, but kept repeating it. Sounds like they might actually be showing up this month.
    *** Power level should be just a bit under around REMAs. There is a lot of laughing around here so it could be a bit higher instead too, since I can't really make it out. ><
    *** Sounds like the mats might be dropping from mega bosses.
    *** Why would Fujito fixate on them being "expensive"? My best guess: We've already been told that they will require completed Escutcheon KIs in order to synth them.. But what if.. The materials drop from zone bosses... and they're EX/non-POLsendable? <,<;;

* Trust Enhancement: I think the Job Point thing might actually be just the player earning 150 JP. :/ They talk about whether capacity points count towards this if you already have 2100JP. (Will count.)

* Blue Sarissa bug (1:06:40-1:11:40):

** Looks like I did cross some wires here. ><;; Trans backup would be nice.
    *** I think that Matsui may be saying that it looks like a player made .dat mod. lol Definitely does talk about local system files, and players changing them. They all seemed to be impressed by the quality of some of the .datmod work that players have done in the past. O.o Portions like this is why I've always been irritated that we don't get a full transcript translation. I am totally whiffing on too much of what's being said here to be sure of much beyond this much.
    *** I think that they are wanting to use the bug in the future. So the accidental bright blue spear might be added on purpose at some point.

>>> Taking a break to rest my ears. Tired of listening to these guys over and over. Will finish 2nd pass soon tho. <<<
    Didn't catch anything else new, but have no idea what I'm trying to listen for during the ending segment. :(

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

if materials are ex/not sendable, then synergy is a way to craft something like that

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Only one escutcheon is possible per-character, and it wouldnt make sense for them to be EX if there are eight different KIs. One per craft. And wtf cooking?

Heres a thought: 8x ingredients are the maximum we have ever had for one synth.... 8x escutcheons... 8x KIs... perhaps one ingredient per craft is needed for a step.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by fattucus View Post
    if materials are ex/not sendable, then synergy is a way to craft something like that
    I sincerely doubt they will include synergy in the mix at all for anything truly relevant. The point of making them EX/Non-sendable would be to limit the availability of the REMA-replacement weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Only one escutcheon is possible per-character, and it wouldnt make sense for them to be EX if there are eight different KIs. One per craft. And wtf cooking?

Heres a thought: 8x ingredients are the maximum we have ever had for one synth.... 8x escutcheons... 8x KIs... perhaps one ingredient per craft is needed for a step.
    Doesn't really matter tho since crafting's never been fair/equitable on the distribution of item types? Cooking (and leathercraft, and clothcraft, and alchemy) doesn't normally get to make weapons. >_< As a leathercrafter, I'd love to get a recipe, but don't think it'll happen.

My thought was "Why would they be assumed to be EXPENSIVE (verbally in caps and underlined)?" and best reasonable answer that I came up with was "The Escutcheon-owning crafter has to farm the mats themselves." That would reasonably make them MUCH harder to come up with mats for, and scarcity increases price. Tacking the mats onto the zone bosses would further increase the difficulty of obtaining them in the first place, and would eliminate a lot of craftbot-type mules from the running. Or maybe each recipe will require multiple mats from 2-4 of the zone/mega bosses? Or maybe the devs are going to be super-trolls and the NQ is literal NPC trash, with only an equippable HQ version with absolute T0 recipes...

I have absolutely no doubts at all that it will be as far from simple as possible since these things are intended to give REMAs a run for their money. Try to come up with a process that would be worth ~100mil because that's probably around the price tags the devs have put on obtaining these things. :/

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Repeated synths using the materials you can buy from the guilds, finishing with mats from Dyna? Those mats are 1.1m each and that's the only way you can get them, so if there's some sort of multi stage craft that needs every material from each guild, and multiples, you could easily hit 100m, and require every eschuteon in the process.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    Repeated synths using the materials you can buy from the guilds, finishing with mats from Dyna? Those mats are 1.1m each and that's the only way you can get them, so if there's some sort of multi stage craft that needs every material from each guild, and multiples, you could easily hit 100m, and require every eschuteon in the process.
    That.. sounds silly. And far less likely than my speculated EX tags. There's been no indication at all that we're looking at more than a single synth per weapon. It doesn't have anything to do directly with cost either, only value. If these are on par with REMAs which are going to be valued somewhere around 100mil on average, then there's got to be some sort of catch involved with the Divergence weapons if they don't want to utterly destroy the value of REMAs, but that does not indicate that there will be any sort of complicated process involved.

I could see them using every guild's 1.1m item in some combination of synths. Like leather item + gold item crafted by an alchemist shield, smith item + wood item crafted by a cloth shield, * all crafts, + boss drop

Throw in some rare as fuck items (legion drops) into the pre-synths and you're looking at a 200m weapon

Cooking has no place with a shield until they make brews.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    I could see them using every guild's 1.1m item in some combination of synths. Like leather item + gold item crafted by an alchemist shield, smith item + wood item crafted by a cloth shield, * all crafts, + boss drop

Throw in some rare as fuck items (legion drops) into the pre-synths and you're looking at a 200m weapon

Cooking has no place with a shield until they make brews.
    I just don't see them trying to stack up the gil cost and recipe complexity in favor of simply difficult to obtain items. :/ I don't think there've ever been more than a handful of recipes that go beyond 2-stage synths for "materials" barring actual equipment used in upgrade synths. At most, you usually have to only process the raw material (hide > leather) before using it, with the exception of metal sheets which require an extra stage beyond ingots. I do expect the 1.1mil NPC mats to be involved since the devs LOVE overloading material uses, but there's just no way they're going to try to cram all of them into each recipe.

Also, Legion drops are far from "rare". Unless you're talking about equipment or Honors?

I could still see them doing something incredibly stupid to force people to make more shields

They're rare in the sense that no one does legion, and if they become highly sought (in a new weapon) they will become harder to get

I wouldn't even be shocked if they added "new synthesis item" to incursion, that can only be obtained at level 130+

There is absolutely nothing square can do to make me go, wow that was even dumber than I thought possible anymore.

Wouldn't even bat an eyelash if they forced you to form an alliance of 17 crafting shields to synergize the weapon, cause thats about the dumbest god damn thing I could possibly think of. unless the crafting shield is crafted into the weapon!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

did they ever add a use for that one item they added to the green moogle npc shop, think they added it before escutcheons were added, but was never a use. cant remember the name atm.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    did they ever add a use for that one item they added to the green moogle npc shop, think they added it before escutcheons were added, but was never a use. cant remember the name atm.
    Pagodite I think? And no.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

:O Almost slipped thru the cracks...

JP1) Values for Fencer are given, laid out in a lovely table. And looks like Fencer is hard capped at +8, for a total of crit+13% and TPBonus+630. Diminishing returns apply at odd stages. :/

Shitty table copy/paste:
    stage Critical+ TP Bonus
    +1 3% 200
    +2 5% 300
    +3 7% 400
    +4 9% 450
    +5 10% 500
    +6 11% 550
    +7 12% 600
    +8 13% 630

Rather inclined to call that noted spear a dat mod. Given personal experience with color mixing and just the sheer difference in model detail between the two, something like an aura glitching out makes absolutely no sense for either outcome, as existing blues would likely get either more saturated or flip to green if something is up with the lighting mechanic. White isn't just suddenly going to turn pink, either, likely going with a tinge of yellow or inverting to black.

But in general, I'd agree there are/were some pretty interesting mods back in the day. I feel like we could've seen more if the process involved with the DATs wasn't so awkward to work with, and anyone who's seen an item's textures will probably wonder how the fuck stuff gets stretched over the model skeletons and still looks good.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Rather inclined to call that noted spear a dat mod. Given personal experience with color mixing and just the sheer difference in model detail between the two, something like an aura glitching out makes absolutely no sense for either outcome, as existing blues would likely get either more saturated or flip to green if something is up with the lighting mechanic. White isn't just suddenly going to turn pink, either, likely going with a tinge of yellow or inverting to black.

But in general, I'd agree there are/were some pretty interesting mods back in the day. I feel like we could've seen more if the process involved with the DATs wasn't so awkward to work with, and anyone who's seen an item's textures will probably wonder how the fuck stuff gets stretched over the model skeletons and still looks good.
    It was a bug, not a mod, but even Matsui noted that it reminded him of a player made dat mod. lol

I guess I shouldn't even expect SE bugs to make sense.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Goblins got removed because lol

Don't be shocked if that "glitched dat mod" spear is exactly what the new Dienamis Spear looks like. just sayin'

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Don't be shocked if that "glitched dat mod" spear is exactly what the new Dienamis Spear looks like. just sayin'
    Won't be shocked if you're right, but the blue version looks like the normal version w/o the white layer.. just sayin' XD

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag