Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) The Spectral Chair mount will be available again in October for Halloween.

NA1) POL Frontpage:
    Announcing the Next Version Update (05/24/2018)

The next version update is scheduled for early June.

This update will see an adjustment to the numerical description of Spirit in the Escutcheon questline and the monthly changes to Ambuscade.
    Didn't actually see this one coming. Just in time to increase the number of shields running around who will be able to make Div weapons maybe?

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nah, the Numerical Description is just the thing they were talking about to show how many of the 100,000 Spirit you're at, not a change in how many you need (I hope).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    Nah, the Numerical Description is just the thing they were talking about to show how many of the 100,000 Spirit you're at, not a change in how many you need (I hope).
    Ah. ._.;; That's right. Totally forgot about that.. Note to self: Don't get overly excited about notices after I've taken my meds.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devposts:

JP1) Re-confirmation that it is safe to use non-native screencap tools for the screenshot contest.
    JP2) Weekly devpost summary. Nothing new.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Apparently, it's not possible to borrow the number display system on buffs like Utsusemi for use with Aquaveil. They would apparently have to build a new system from scratch for that, which would be a ton of work. Instead, they will consider adding a notification to the chatlog since this seems to be simpler to implement.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    New devpost:

JP1) Apparently, it's not possible to borrow the number display system on buffs like Utsusemi for use with Aquaveil. They would apparently have to build a new system from scratch for that, which would be a ton of work. Instead, they will consider adding a notification to the chatlog since this seems to be simpler to implement.
    wtf. How would that be a "ton of work"? That should bed a 5 minute side project, tops.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Probably because it's difficult for the client to determine if the spell was prevented from being interrupted due to level difference, damage dealt, spell interruption gear or Aquaveil, because there's no system message in place like there is with Shadow Images/Copy Images.

I did a bunch of testing on Aquaveil back in the day, and I think it was 2-3 charges for Aquaveil regardless of Enhancing Skill, without special gear that buffs it, and Cacharian Verve is 10 charges.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

New devposts:

JP1) Re-confirmation that it is safe to use non-native screencap tools for the screenshot contest.
    JP2) Weekly devpost summary. Nothing new.
    Doesn't seem to be the case, I keep submitting screenshots for every contest and never get any reward at all. I didn't even think of non-native screencap but idk why they never give me a reward.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Doesn't seem to be the case, I keep submitting screenshots for every contest and never get any reward at all. I didn't even think of non-native screencap but idk why they never give me a reward.
    I use native-screen shots, and no reward yet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It's just a reminder/confirmation that it's in the official rules that using non-native programs for screen capture and/or image editing are explicitly permitted.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

NA1) The "Discerning Adventurer Campaign" (aka: monthly campaign for June lol) listing is up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

hope some of that old content that gets touched upon is that monstrosity yo!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Someone asked if pet augments on Ambuscade capes could be unified (like seeing STR+30 instead of STR+20 STR+10). Answer is a resounding "NO", reason why is that they would have to rebuild the entire system to make that happen for conditional stats like "Pet:".

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

all of my submissions have been via the snip tool or windower screenshots, and all or most (not sure on the latest contest) have been rewarded with a prize

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

New devpost:

JP1) Someone asked if pet augments on Ambuscade capes could be unified (like seeing STR+30 instead of STR+20 STR+10). Answer is a resounding "NO", reason why is that they would have to rebuild the entire system to make that happen for conditional stats like "Pet:".
    They already do this with the other augment systems, so lol@this

Every single thing they've said for the last year+ has been total bullshit

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Why do you guys automatically assume "oh, they do it elsewhere, so this statement must be a lie" instead of "oh, they do it elsewhere, so this system must be set up differently"?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    They already do this with the other augment systems, so lol@this
    Which augment systems do that for "Pet:" augments tho? :/ I can't think of any that have are capable of displaying a combination of the same "Pet" stat from two separate augments.

Is there a single piece of gear, capable of having pet: att, and pet: att again, aside from the capes?

If it's the pet attack/acc+20 thats such an issue, fucking remove it. Change the thread aug to pet STR+20 Pet DEX+20 etc. we'd rather have that anyway.

or stop being assholes and remove the "pet" category completely. everything the master gets the pet gets. yeah, that takes some balancing, and yeah they're too lazy to do it. I'd rather they just be honest and say "too lazy" than lie.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

that's a pretty terrible idea

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag