+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

With regards to Relic WS, we can’t resolve the problem of balance, including the very reason for the existence of Relic weapons, so there are no plans to add such a method.
    we can’t resolve the problem of balance
    BARANSUUUUUUUUUU

Well at least they didn't flat out lie for once.

Giving all scythes misstastrophie would be imbalanced. All guns Coronoch would be imbalanced. And if you could use "relic ws" there would be no reason to obtain relic weapons. Aegis/Jellyhorn not included

The proper answer to keep relics relevant is to dramatically buff relic ws to make them situationally better than other options.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yeah, a relic ws without the +40% relic wsd would totally be imbalances.. I am sure without that bonus they would be completely useless.

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Yeah reading is hard and was mostly interested in accolades not so much sparks, I feel bad for the people that utilize either as a source of income they focus on. The time spent doing that you could have gone into delve or vagary or spammed a t3 for ore and made bank assuming you multibox like the majority of the community.
    The majority of the community doesn't multibox. Even if you assume the majority of characters are multibox (I dispute this), the majority of the community still doesn't multibox.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) For those who are interested, they released a Japanese translation of the English Q&A from Reddit. Didn't see anything drastically different while skimming, so I'm posting this mostly for add'l reference purposes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They removed my question about Japanese to English translations of Salarurus posts lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) Weekly devpost summary. Of note:
    * Freshly Picked 40 broadcast is scheduled for July 4th, 19:00 JST (NN) / 07:30 EDT (YT) (I believe the time diff accounts for the "test footage".)
    NicoNicoLive / YouTube
    * There is a problem downloading the FFXI client package thru Microsoft Edge. It apparently changes the file extensions of the install files. If you have this problem, then renaming them manually back to how they should be makes the files usable again. They are looking into it.
    * Reminder that the Kamlanut event is ending tomorrow.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    New devpost:

JP1) Weekly devpost summary. Of note:
    * Freshly Picked 40 broadcast is scheduled for July 4th, 19:00 JST (NN) / 07:30 EDT (YT) (I believe the time diff accounts for the "test footage".)
    NicoNicoLive / YouTube
    * There is a problem downloading the FFXI client package thru Microsoft Edge. It apparently changes the file extensions of the install files. If you have this problem, then renaming them manually back to how they should be makes the files usable again. They are looking into it.
    * Reminder that the Kamlanut event is ending tomorrow.
    I work for Microsoft. Don't use Edge. Don't use IE. Don't use Skype. Those products are shit and I hate the people who work on them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I use Edge and find it very effective.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

When MS decided to forcefeed my laptop the last major update, Edge popped up with a website about what had changed (without my permission of course.)

... Not a single link on the page actually worked. That convinced me to avoid Edge like the plague, instead of avoiding it merely because I'm used to Chrome... If your own product won't function with your own services, there is something seriously wrong with the product. ._.;;

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Again, I apologize for Edge. And Cortana.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Cortana is the one that really irks me because it's such a large performance hit on weaker boxes and they're constantly changing how to turn it off.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Cortana is the one that really irks me because it's such a large performance hit on weaker boxes and they're constantly changing how to turn it off.
    We tried. We really did. Blame the core Cortana team for continually breaking our shit and not giving a shit...

Campaign
    BG Level

I find Edge to be quite a nice browser. Ironically I think it's the fastest/lightest browser atm on the market among the big ones. Which makes me jiggle a bit considering that place was covered by Chrome when it got first released, and now Chrome is probably the heaviest lol.

The problems I see with Edge is the lack of standard addons/plugins and it has serious compatibility issues in the default mode. Other than that, which honestly is no minor issues, I think it deserves more credit than it gets.

The problem with Cortana and lotsa other stuff I think fall down under another wider category. That's the problem with the approach they took in having Windows 10 be the same on mobile and desktop. It installs you a plethora of apps that you really don't need on a desktop PC (like to handle phone calls, to handle phone names, sms and so on), most of which you cannot (easily) uninstall. It's really annoying.
    Given the future of Windows as a mobile O.S. for phones, I hope this is eventually gonna change in the future, to have a more customized, lighter, efficient O.S. for desktop PCs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) About Domain Invasion. Poster complained about flying dragons and makes a lot of good suggestions on adjustments to EZ/ER dragons. Response is that there are different triggers for them to land in each zone. Naga Raja in Escha-Ru'aun lands after a certain amount of time, and Azi Dahaka in Escha-Zi'tah lands upon defeating it's adds. In addition, there are damage related triggers. Poster's suggestions are sadly ignored. <,<;;

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Missed the first few minutes of FP40 due to an unfortunately timed call of nature. Don't think I missed anything important. Will double check in 2nd pass once it gets archived... Don't panic about about anything here, as always, my standard disclaimer: I am not actually fluent in Japanese. I'm just doing my best, so if there are errors on my end, or information is missed, please don't freak out. I also haven't slept in ~30hrs, so I will probably miss more than I usually do. XD
    I'll be updating this post as I watch the broadcast. ^^ Diving in!

Dynamis Divergence:
    * Demonstration was in Jeuno[D].
    * Condition to move from Wave1 > Wave2 is not changing. Still have to beat the "mid boss".
    * There are going to be new neck equipments from Wave 1-2, didn't catch if they were direct drops or synthed somehow. They showed off "+2" versions for 4x necklaces. The 4x shown are all JSE.
    Spoiler: show

Gtrans is telling me that we may have an actual new stat (or at least new shortcut wording/templating) involved O.o;; Or maybe I'm just tired and will try to read the kanji myself later. XD

Top-left: Duel Torque+2, RDM, "All Magic Accuracies"+30, Enfeebling magic effect +10, Dispel+1
    Bottom-left: Red Dragon Knight's Collar +2(will be a diff name in EN client), DRG, "All Accuracies"+25, Attack+25, Critical Hit +4%, Wyvern: Lv+1
    Top-right: Etoile Gorget+2, DNC, "All Accuracies"+25 MAB+25, waltz potency+10%
    Bottom-right: Ninja's Nodawa+2, NIN, accuracy+25 ranged accuracy+25, store TP+7

* Wave2 > Wave3 = Beat Wave2 "zone boss". (Aurix actually pops out of the bosses corpse before running away and poofing. lol)
    * Wave3: Shadows/Fomors all named Volte <job>, and an object (fetters model) named "Fire Circle" at the top of the stairs near MH. Another group of Voltes with an "Ice Circle" where HP1 normally is. Voltes + "Earth Circle" by AH. Voltes + "Light Circle" inside the palace at the base of the stairs.
    * The Volte mobs all have bright blue weapons! /shocked >.> Guess what the new weapons look like! XD
    * They proceed to show off the staff,
    and great sword.

* O_O They have varying Superior levels based on quality. NQ=Su3, HQ1=Su4, HQ2=Su5... Su4=1500JP, Su5=2100JP
    * They show off the the Su5 versions of H2H "Sagitta" and Club "Asklepius".

Sagitta, Su5, h2h, MNK: D+192 delay+121 HP+150 Accuracy+50, h2h skill+269, guarding skill +289, magic accuracy skill +255, damage taken -10%

Asklepius, Su5, club, WHM: D:194 delay:280 HP+130 MP+70 Accuracy+50, Magic Accuracy+50, Magic Damage+248, Club skill +255, Parrying skill +255, Magic Accuracy Skill +269, Afflatus Misery: Esuna: status effects removed +3

* I got a bit mixed up during this section, as they were also talking about RMEA weapons, but were talking at length about augments.. Not sure whether in reference to REM or Div, or both... (Had the new weapons zoomed in on screen. So could actually be both maybe?)
    * Seems like the Wave3 boss has some sort of mechanic related to RMEA weapons >.>;; This entire section needs serious trans backup. I think they're basically telling us how to beat the boss, and maybe how upgrades are going to work with RMEAs.

Ambuscade:
    * Cracklaw in V2. Some sort of crab cooking gimmick is involved. lol
    * Yagudo in V1.
    * We can get the spear the Yagudo boss in V1 is using as a cosmetic weapon. Didn't catch how to get it.

OverPicked Vana'diel:
    *A.M.A.N. Trouble: New fun event. I think it's a guessing game w/ 10 chests, some sort of nice accessories inside if you guess right. Sounds like you can do at least once daily.
    * New screenshot campaign is incoming soon(tm), as well as an "In-Game Event" in the same slot in the "roadmap" as the Jeuno/Kamlanaut event that just ended.
    * Reward from the in-game event (which will run from 8/30-9/30) is a BIGASS Great Sword. Are they normally that big compared to a hume model? >_> It looks to me like they mixed up the models between a GS/GA/Scythe. lol

* Theme for the screenshot campaign is "Summer". Prize is an Uka statue, and new bathing suits to wear.

Sounded like they said there is a new Great Katana from the Celestial Nights event this year.

And that's the end of my first pass on translation attempts. Time to sleep \o/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

All I really want to know is monk great again ?

Told you that's what the weapons would look like.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That is magic accuracy on the DNC neck, not MAB. A bit more useful. Turns it into a macro piece for Waltz and Violent Flourish.

"All accuracies 25" AND 25 MACC?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag