Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) The "Geomancy+" stat on the new GEO neck is now confirmed to not-stack, with only the highest single value taking effect.

Small note, looks like a bit of the player chatter before/after that Q/A is questioning whether or not they are planning to punish the seemingly rampant botting of foreigners (since Japanese players never use them. <,<;; lol)

"seemingly rampant" I like this... It is getting completely fuckin ridiculous. It was all cool when myself and like 1 or 2 other people were low key. But there are 50 god damn people standing at the sparks npc all day now.

Gain-Money I have to reload sparks 4 or 5 times because there's 50 people spamming it.

Fully comfortable being banned and expected it for well over a year... but since they aren't... everyone else is getting emboldened/jealous just like last time, then you get a big ass ban wave.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    "seemingly rampant" I like this... It is getting completely fuckin ridiculous. It was all cool when myself and like 1 or 2 other people were low key. But there are 50 god damn people standing at the sparks npc all day now.

Gain-Money I have to reload sparks 4 or 5 times because there's 50 people spamming it.

Fully comfortable being banned and expected it for well over a year... but since they aren't... everyone else is getting emboldened/jealous just like last time, then you get a big ass ban wave.
    If I do one character at a time I never have to reload. Only when I'm trying to buy shields on 2+ do I run into that issue. During gain I just loop my accounts to the sparks NPC one at a time, after the first dump the spacing becomes near perfect.

I haven't found the issue linked to other players.

It's definitely caused by other players, I never do multiple at once

and it only happens when theres a dozen+ of em there

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

My wording, not theirs word for word. :3 Please forgive me if I take liberties in translation to try to capture the spirit of the post better than GTrans can. I was actually more amused by the implication that only non-Japanese players are willing/capable of using any form of 3rd party... assistance.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're inferring to the chinese more than americans.

Either way, expect sparks nerfs because after all this time, SE can't think of a fun and legitimate way for players to generate a decent gil income.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if they're inferring to the chinese more than americans.

Either way, expect sparks nerfs because after all this time, SE can't think of a fun and legitimate way for players to generate a decent gil income.
    I doubt we'll see a sparks nerf before we see a banwave. :/

Every time I think "there's no possible way" they do it anyway.

Sparks.... are in a reallllllllllly fucked up spot. They NEEDED to be nerfed a looooooooooooooong time ago. and Gain-Money is fucking ABSURD. But...... they want new players to be able to make money. Simple solution, nerf gain-money.

(how? Why? you ask?)

Gain-Money is roughly 10k gil every. single. kill. for four solid hours. Raise the amount to gain, or limit the repeat to 10x instead of unlimited. Why? Cause man holy shit, it's broken. All the other "limited time" events are "kill 20" it's 20x less money.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

leave sparks alone and add a few more gil sinks in. af+2/3 mats, shield catalysts, etc. more along those lines would pull some of the gil back out of the system. new divergence weapons will do this, too.

(all) Gil sinks are 100% ineffective on gil sellers.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

NPCs can only interact with 1 player per second or something. It's throttled. That's why the sparks NPC gets stuck.

Lakshmi Sparks NPCs don't get stuck afaik.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think a banwave is rather silly at this point.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Gain-Money is roughly 10k gil every. single. kill. for four solid hours. Raise the amount to gain, or limit the repeat to 10x instead of unlimited. Why? Cause man holy shit, it's broken. All the other "limited time" events are "kill 20" it's 20x less money.
    I think that'd still just be a partial solution, and likely one that wouldn't affect RMT as much. Seems like they'd want things they can bot 24/7, and they'll find RoEs that work for it as long as sparks to gil rewards remain as they are.

The fix for it would likely be more to adjust the selection and cost of items available for sparks and accolades. Maybe reduce sparks/accolades:gil by half, but put in some items that'd sell to other players, like currency/upgrade materials (perhaps with a cap, a la Ambuscade). That'd probably slow the creation of new gil by a fair bit, but still maintain sparks as a source of income.

It was fuckin silly last time too. Every single single person I know got banned. Think that was good for business lol? When has square ever made an intelligent business decision.

They were all jealous of all the alex and free cp I was getting, told em not to do it, but who wouldn't when I got away with it for years.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    I think a banwave is rather silly at this point.
    Hard to justify killing off a game that is putting them into the black with its sub count without having a bullshit reason behind it. Need to make way for the mobile replacement.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Hard to justify killing off a game that is putting them into the black with its sub count without having a bullshit reason behind it. Need to make way for the mobile replacement.
    Where did you read those numbers from, that the game is costing them money?

The term 'black' is used to refer to a company's profitability. A company is said to be "in the black" if it is profitable or, more specifically, if the company produces positive earnings after accounting for all expenses. Conversely, a company with negative earnings would be said to be "in the red."
    Black =/= red etc

he says "theyre in the black because of 11, cause 14 sure as fuck isn't earning" paraphrased

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Even though their last earnings report cited FFXIV/DQX sales as key factors.

Shrug.

Haters gonna hate, etc.

It was fuckin silly last time too. Every single single person I know got banned. Think that was good for business lol? When has square ever made an intelligent business decision.

They were all jealous of all the alex and free cp I was getting, told em not to do it, but who wouldn't when I got away with it for years.
    they arent going to kill off 50% of their active subs in a game that isnt getting new players. They arent 2014 SE or 2008 SE. They fired tonaka. This game is in maintenance mode.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag