Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    Black =/= red etc

he says "theyre in the black because of 11, cause 14 sure as fuck isn't earning" paraphrased
    and more retarded posts from you.. 14 re-done is the reason SE isnt dead. 14 1.0 almost killed the company. you can have the opinion that 14 is terrible like most mentally challenged ffxi players but 14 is a profitable game that is probably 2nd in subs behind wow.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

2nd in subs behind WoW? Hmm. Anyway, I misread the post.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by holyshoot View Post
    and more retarded posts from you.. 14 re-done is the reason SE isnt dead. 14 1.0 almost killed the company. you can have the opinion that 14 is terrible like most mentally challenged ffxi players but 14 is a profitable game that is probably 2nd in subs behind wow.
    > FF14 almost killed the company

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about.

You know that all of SE's entire Final Fantasy lineup of games, mobile and console, combined, are still dwarfed by their gambling machines and arcade machines?

FF14 is a drop in the bucket compared to <Random pachinko machine companies buy dozens of to fill the floors of their gambling halls with>

Japan is fuckin weird man, but thats how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by holyshoot View Post
    they arent going to kill off 50% of their active subs in a game that isnt getting new players. They arent 2014 SE or 2008 SE. They fired tonaka. This game is in maintenance mode.

I wish I cared enough to quote the hundreds of people who said the exact same thing before every other large ban wave.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

14's failure wouldn't tank the company, it would just damage their rep. Dragon Quest is vastly more popular in Japan than Final Fantasy is the world over, and they pump out DQ games every few years that sell amazingly fucking well.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Official translation of the FP Digest.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...551#post608551

Given the company resides in a land that practiced ritual suicide, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of honor overriding greed. Otherwise, I'd say there's some fanboy overreach on both how much it costs to run XI at this point and how many people are actually playing (with bots). Let's not go all Salvage Bans here with the insinuation it'd all fail without these people.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1/NA1) Weekly devpost summary. Saving a spot for the English translation link for now. JP version actually notes that Wave3 will not be the only route to upgrade RMEA, and that another route has been prepared. O_o We went from "maybe" to "already done" fast lol Please wait for the official English translation that should be incoming soon before spazzing. XD

EDIT: Official NA trans is up. There will be other routes to gaining RP for DREAM upgrades besides Wave3 bosses.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Let's not go all Salvage Bans here with the insinuation it'd all fail without these people.
    I remember all those rage posts. "This game will die without the top 2% of the players that got banned!"

Meanwhile, we are actually just 6 months away from the 10 year anniversary of the epic Salvage Ban Hammer

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The best part was a decent chunk of those banned players just wound up making new accounts.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

instead of bans, just send everyone found guilty to asura to play with each other.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Huehuehue original funny joke 10/10 you big funny man.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

New devpost:

JP1) After getting reminded about possible adjustments to the Avatar reward system, they said that they are still planning on doing it ASAP this year, but their priority is on the annual plan. Think this means that they are focusing on the new battle content that is likely to hit in Nov.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Probably whatever event that will be used to strengthen empyrean gear.

pretty sure emp +3 is a ways out, they put waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many eggs in the dienamis basket.

But it could still land in december

Campaign
    BG Level

AF Reforge, Omen, was released in November 2016.
    Relic Reforge, Divergence, was released in November 2017.

This led a lot of us to expect Empy reforge to be released in November 2018 but to be fair I'm a bit skeptic myself, after initially believing that.
    Omen was released instantly, aside from Ou of course. Divergence was released across what, 6 months? With a last addition in July and one more related additions coming in september.
    Nope, definitely I wouldn't expect new content for Empy reforge to be released in November 2018 any longer, if I were you.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    AF Reforge, Omen, was released in November 2016.
    Relic Reforge, Divergence, was released in November 2017.

This led a lot of us to expect Empy reforge to be released in November 2018 but to be fair I'm a bit skeptic myself, after initially believing that.
    Omen was released instantly, aside from Ou of course. Divergence was released across what, 6 months? With a last addition in July and one more related additions coming in september.
    Nope, definitely I wouldn't expect new content for Empy reforge to be released in November 2018 any longer, if I were you.
    The devs have mentioned new battle content for later this year already. They even used it as a foundation in their excuse to stop making new Ambuscade V1's. Given this team's history so far, I'd say November 2018 is still a solid prediction for when it'll go live.

My gut feeling on this one is that we'll be getting a VoidWatch rehash, based on the blurb in the Reddit Q&A where they said they would be more willing to give the ilvl treatment to VW than something else. Would make sense w/ the demand/expectation for Empyrean armor upgrades, and also seems like it'd be about as low-effort as possible for something new that'd be enough to keep us happy for another year or so. It'd also be pretty easy to dole out new targets over time if they feel the need to stretch out the newness as long as they can.

I mean like, realistically, how do you make 220 items drop from VW. That would require a shitload of different mobs.

There's no way I can think of to make voidwatch give job related rewards.

Could you imagine the amount of bitching there would be? We can't ever hit mnk procs cause no one wants to unlock monk gear damnit! fix it!

Voidwatch, in the same style as it was, can't exist on a server with 200 people. (for empyrean, it would be fine for more plates/cinder/dross)

Campaign
    BG Level

220 items? How did you calculate that number?
    And they wouldn't even need to make new monsters, they could just recycle the old ones by balancing them with new stats/strats.

The VW system is very old and has strict technology about a lot of stuff which might mean it could be easier for them to develop new things rather than struggling to create an ilevel VW.

Couldn't they recycle more Vagary stuff? With Vagary v2 or w/e else?
    After all Vagary is related to the original Empy119 reforge, no?
    Altough I'll grant that it would feel pretty strange to release a "new" version of the latest SoA content released while leaving everything else SoA-related as it is. Furthermore, that could end up affecting the availability of mats which are currently in high demand on the market, unless they make so they can drop in New-Vagary as well of course.
    Hmmm, that could be positive for the market actually.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So where can i find what the Mog Bonanza numbers are? Naturally they stopped putting the numbers on the website so the only way to find them is to go ingame and my sub isnt active right now.. If i got something good id reactivate if i can get money in time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag